Forum

Defense

8 years 8 months ago #68510 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Defense
Right, wrong or otherwise.

Reading "stuff" that has been said for a long time. Long time being since the internet found its way.

Those that put their "stuff" on the internet being "warned" by those that say . . . . young men read all of the comments . . . . be careful, kiss their ass.

I live by this . . . . there are 25 scholarships for every university, along with that GROW THE F UP.

Once you no longer find out that you are "Big Man On Campus" . . . . choose wisely.

Choosing wisely might be something like this . . . . Less than 1.5% young men playing football ever find their way to the NFL.

Couple of choices . . . .Education along with folks that will back you up, beats the hell out of the "other choice". I call it "growing the F up. Remain where you are as a football player, and after the football days are over . . . . then what?

:whistle:
The following user(s) said Thank You: NC_Dawg, yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #68525 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Defense
Giving a lot of thought about our linebacking corps.

Watching Lorenzo Carter in 2014, hard to disagree with UGA players like Jenkins that say the sky is the limit for Carter. Jenkins is one heck of a player, has taken over the role of "leader" appears to me. Thinking maybe "Leadership" both on and off the field. Fingers continue to stay crossed, hoping we don't have problems of the past.

The three linebackers that are talked about the most can be and probably will be a deciding factor for our defensive backs. By that I mean if we get a big time pass rush, makes for a short field for the defensive backs. Ball has to come out for damn sure in less than four seconds. Hard to do that and be capable of getting the ball downfield.

How good will Trenton Thompson and Jonathan Ledbetter be? We will hear a lot about those two now that camp has started. I also believe that we have more depth on the defensive line than we have had in a long time. Seems we always had bodies, but the depth was not used, effectively.

Another thing that I keep in mind is the offensive line. Both starters and those that will get a lot of playing time will be pushed by the defense. Many in the college football world seem to think that Georgia will be very good on defense. Looking at the talent, hard to disagree with that.

Much is and will be said about Pruitt. There is more to the defense than one coach, regardless of the rank. Second year for Tracy Rocker in Athens, will be interesting to see how the defensive line reacts to his coaching. There are talented players that he can line up for the 2015 Season.

Would really like to see the ones facing the ones a lot before the 2015 Season starts. Both sides of the ball "could" become a step or two up from previous years. Could go a long way in determining the starting quarterback . . . . if all of the "stuff" that has been front page material for too long is decided by the "players", not the Public Relations Group. I said that.

Since the end of the 2014 Season have given Tracy Rocker and the defensive coaches several pats on the back. As NC_Dawg has said, have heard it before. Much truth in that statement.

Could come down to Mark Hocke being the "main contributor" to our improvement. Said that also.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
Time to create page: 0.048 seconds