Forum

In honor of next weeks mega-spin and hype show,.....

8 years 9 months ago #68466 by Buc
sadlerdawg think you are right.

ogredawg has been right many times before on football stuff that many of us did not see. Same can be said for you sadlerdawg.

growl, fear we are seeing and hearing more of the "same" from the higher ups.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 months ago #68468 by sflanagan21
As of right now NO one know's who the starting QB is going to be. Lambert was brought in for depth and to compete for the starting job and that's a fact. One thing that can NOT be disputed is the integrity of CMR and if he told Lambert that if he transferred to UGA then he would have the starting job then you better believe that CMR would have told BR and FB that info straight up and right to their face. With that being said there is no doubt in my mind that both Richt and Shotty both love what Lambert has to offer but he will not be handed the job. Unless one of the 3 pulls away from the pack in the next 4 weeks then I wouldn't be surprised to all 3 get playing time in the first 2 games. I'm hoping just like I'm sure Richt and Shotty are that one of the 3 makes huge progress in fall camp and wins the job decisively and it very well could be Lambert but my money is on Ramsey.

More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #68470 by Buc
Went back and looked at some of Brice Ramsey's high school football days in the spread.

Ramsey has wheels.

Brice was very successful in high school, watching the film below, can't believe how open some of the receivers and backs were. Not playing junior varsity teams.

Therein could be the problem. Many players move up to college football, especially SEC football and receivers normally have good or great defensive backs running stride for stride with them.

Arm is there, legs are there, leaves one part of the body that I am not sure of. It is not the heart, could it be above the shoulders, I don't know.

When an offensive coach looks at film like the one below, have to believe that they can get upper level play from the young man. You coach offense sf21, believe it makes sense to you.

Stop with this . . . . Nick Saban was after Brice Ramsey right up until he made it clear that he would wear the Red and Black. Don't think that Saban is a top notch quarterback coach, but anyone that has played the game understands he does understand "Leadership". Fact.

www.hudl.com/athlete/494931/highlights/38260390/v2

More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #68471 by Dawg With Style
Replied by Dawg With Style on topic In honor of next weeks mega-spin and hype show,.....

sadlerdawg wrote: I've still got my $$ on Ramsey

^^^^^^^
The truth MR always rewards his QB for staying so why is the 2016 QB so important Just Saying!!!

How Bout them Dawgs!!!!!!!

Ride it like you stole it
The following user(s) said Thank You: sadlerdawg

• Dawg With Style
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #68473 by sflanagan21
I've said it more than once that I felt like the Wing T would hold Ramsey back a little at the next level. I watched the kid play up close and live and the potential to be really, really good is there. He is an amazing young man with a very high football IQ but unfortunately he started out behind the 8 ball and is still learning how to read the field and that can really only be learned from experience.

It's going to get very competitive and interesting under the center starting on Tue! I think CMR will try his best to name a starter before week one but he has the luxury of playing all 3 in that game and the Vandy game if need be. And unless someone really pulls away during camp I hope he let's them all play in at least game one. A lot can and will be exposed when you're going live against a team that's trying to win as much as you are.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1

More
8 years 9 months ago #68485 by NC_Dawg
DWS Wrote:

.....The truth MR always rewards his QB for staying so why is the 2016 QB so important Just Saying!!!

Two Words,......

Matthew Stafford !!!

"My advice to you is to start drinking heavily." - Bluto

• NC_Dawg
  • NC_Dawg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.097 seconds