Forum

In honor of next weeks mega-spin and hype show,.....

8 years 9 months ago #68273 by sflanagan21
Side note: Speaking of QB's Park is headed to Navarro JC where he will start. Park will eventually end up at a powerhouse and we will all be saying, "how did we let that kid get away".

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #68274 by sflanagan21
My case for our future QB was always for Park and Bauta a close second. They are both very similar in many ways. Both are natural born leaders, love the game, great athletes and as gritty as they come. FB has put in the work like maybe no other Dawg has ever put it in.

Only time will tell who our starter will be and we probably won't even know for sure until after the Vandy game and maybe not even until before the Bama game. Don't be surprised to see Ramsey, Bauta and Lambert all getting plenty of action early season. Unless someone heavily pulls away during the summer.

More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #68275 by NC_Dawg
sflanagan21 wrote:

.....Don't be surprised to see Ramsey, Bauta and Lambert all getting plenty of action early season.

IF

This actually occurs, I'll begin to believe that things may very well be changing in the program. However,....

IF

Brice is anointed much like Mason,....then it's wash, rinse and repeat until the SAVIOR arrives,.........AGAIN!

EDIT: ....and just like magic....

Ramsey listed as starter on Georgia preseason depth chart

Hoover, Ala. - Whether it portends anything or not, Brice Ramsey has the edge on paper - literally on paper - before Georgia preseason practice.

Ramsey is listed as the first team quarterback on Georgia’s preseason depth chart. That’s according to the team’s media guide, which was made available Monday at SEC media days.

Read more: Thank you sir, May I have another?

EDIT #2: Yes, I know its a preseason depth chart.....but I also witnessed 15 years of consistent bedwetting from Captain Rainbows and Unicorns!!!!.....Color me Jaded and Suspicious!

"My advice to you is to start drinking heavily." - Bluto

• NC_Dawg
  • NC_Dawg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #68279 by ogredawg
2 weeks into August Lambert moves to the top of the chart and is named the starter. I really don't think CMR or Schott has the confidence in either BR or FB and are waiting on the savior.

My reasoning for this is that CMR has ALWAYS had a starter before the August practices...ALWAYS had one named but not this year....

Lambert has a load more experience in the game situation and IMHO will outshine the other 2 with his command of the game type situation. Also very very smart and will learn Schott's offense quickly. Of course that is MHO as I don't really know much about football...

thecountrynation.com

More
8 years 9 months ago #68282 by Buc
sflanagan21, remember you giving your approval of Schottenheimer. Friend of mine from South Georgia says that the players are really on board with him. They really like his way of coaching.

Do not believe he will return to the NFL. He had an extended stay, but do think that what he accomplishes in Athens will determine his future as a coach.

He made a statement recently that caught my attention. Said that he knew he would make some mistakes. High fives for that statement.

If Schottenheimer pulls talent from the high schools with his play calling and recruiting efforts and turns out to be all that as a college coach, he will be in line soon enough to take a head coaching job in D1 football.

Looking forward to watching his play calling. Hoping that he coaches from the sidelines on Saturdays, not from the box.

One thing for sure . . . . Schottenheimer fits the mold for college and pro football coaches this day and time . . . . it is a game that "requires" putting the ball in the air, even though we have a house full of running backs that could start for a lot of D1 universities.

Have chirped about Tre Nixon on this board before, still have my fingers crossed on Tre wearing the Red and Black. Schottenheimer and McClendon really want Tre. I live in the area that Nixon plays football, he I assure you is all that. I do know that he likes Duke and Penn State.

The 40 speed numbers that are posted for Tre are for real. Another thing, he catches the ball with his hands. Smart, no doubting that. Bet this . . . . trying to throw a football downfield that he can't catch up to . . . . I think not, whether it is Jacob Eason or previous quarterback now playing for the Detroit Lions.

www.hudl.com/athlete/2187812/highlights/261564379/v2

More
8 years 9 months ago #68283 by sflanagan21
NC Dawg, I think Shotty has a lot more to say about who starts at QB than what Bobo had. That's just my thinking because in the past at this point we would already know who our QB is. Again that's just my thought on it and why I think they all 3 may end up with some valuable playing time in the first 2 games.

Ogredawg, you maybe right about everything you said in your statement. I'm going to contradict myself here but I feel the same way as you do as far as Richt and Shotty both not having any confidence in BR or FB and wanting name a starter sooner than later. And Lambert obviously has game experience that trumps everything that both BR and FB have.

its going to be a very interesting August that's for sure! And it will make for some high intensity competition at the QB position. This may sound crazy but if the race is really that tight and it stays that tight then I would bring my entire offense together minus the QB's and ask them who they would fight and grind the hardest for for 60 minutes. BR may have the highest ceiling and Lambert may have the most experience but the o line may push harder and dig deeper for FB. Just saying...

More
Time to create page: 0.095 seconds