Forum

From Athens- Friday Thoughts

8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #67598 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
DAWGtm, this jumped out to me . . . . you posted . . . .

Buc, this jumped out to me from your post and I believe is CMR biggest fault. He is dead set to mold players to his style instead of modifying his system to utilize the players talent. Maybe the new blood we have in the coaching staff could change this.

DAWGtm. one of my thoughts about Richt is what he had to say after the arrival of Schottenheimer. Head coach said that nothing is really changing "except" language. As ogredawg points out in his post . . . . Say what you will about this group of coaches but when the HC talks stooooooopid you just can't fix it, I don't care who you bring to Athens.

sadlerdawg, know that you have close ties to FSU, family I believe, also know that you were not on the same page as those you mentioned "years ago". Does the present head coach not remind you of Bobby Bowden in his latter years?

Again will mention a name, like him or not he took over for Bowden, check out what has happened to the team since he became head coach. National Championship . . . . currently the leader on the leader board for top recruiting class in 2016. Call him every name in the book, one thing remains the same . . . . Jimbo Fisher and FSU are not on "probation" and they are in the ACC, not the SEC.

Lot of talk about Les Miles and LSU longevity. Miles has a impressive record at LSU over a long period. Looking at LSU now, see some of the same "chatter" that occurred when the "fire Mark Richt" blogs popped up. It is the old "10 win theme" if you want to survive.

Thanks again Coach Will Friend. What you started in Athens has opened some avenues that were missing from a lack of leadership. Fact

Edit . . . . Thanks for your last post yankeedawg1. You know, we know. Pied Piper of Athens.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 11 months ago #67599 by Buc
This crosses my mind.

Gary Pinkel, head coach at Missouri.

Georgia goes to Columbia, Missouri and kicks the you know what out of Missouri. 34-0.

When the 2014 Season is finished . . . . Missouri Tigers are the SEC East Champions.

Any thoughts on what happened? Was it a lack of talent on Georgia's part? If so, why 34-0? Just one of those things? Some might suggest scheduling.

What about an answer to this . . . . South Carolina? Georgia Tech? Florida? Lack of talent or lack of leadership?

2015 Season not that far away and I have this question, as many others including fans and media are asking. Two of the three quarterbacks on this years team have spent time in Athens. Richt playing another of his silly games. If he cannot separate the best quarterback of the three trying to win the position, just what has he been doing since these young pups have been in Athens? Appears to me that our head coach is not capable of "tough decisions", that definitely is reflected on some of his past choices, both on and off the field.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, growl

More
8 years 11 months ago #67600 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
Music in the Classic City will remain the same until events change. You hit the target Buc

10 wins or average 9 in four years with a increase in revenue will get you a raise and contract

Extension. Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 11 months ago #67601 by Buc
What He Said . . . . ^^^^^

ogredawg and sadlerdawg along with a couple of others have been beating that drum forever. And, they are/were right.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sadlerdawg, yankeedawg1

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #67602 by Buc
Ready for this? Are you sure? Still sitting on the fence about our head coach and his "decision making"? Really?

Article does not mention the fact that Faton Bauta is a DUAL THREAT QUARTERBACK.

Mark Richt, Head Coach UGA. WOW, just WOW!!

www.fieldstforum.com/2015/05/15/uga-offe...-threat-quarterback/

Edit . . . . Lowell Narcisse, run, don't walk, UGA does not play dual threat quartebacks, check the distance between Shockley and Bauta. Nuff said, almost. DJ was the last quarterback to lead UGA to a SEC Championship.

Edit 2 . . . . Two things will happen if you attend UGA. You will either wear headphones and walk the sideline or play another position, if you want playing time. Speaking to what I have seen the past 15 years.

www.hudl.com/athlete/2473379/highlights/200603381/v2

More
8 years 11 months ago #67603 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
Yes the beating of the same drum....wears on the drum and drummer.

Like it or not .... It is what it is.... We play the cards dealt ..... I agree if our HC stays the CEO and

Leaves the on field coaching to his assistants we can change the results that have followed us over

past recent seasons.. We will see come fall. Half way to June. Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.070 seconds