Forum

From Athens- Friday Thoughts

8 years 11 months ago #67634 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
yankeedawg1, know and understand enough about you, promise it is appreciated.

You bring so much to this board.

Started to use the phrase "mudder" yesterday. For me, just reinforces something "else" that I know about you, and your "upbringing".

Friend of mine came from upstate New York, horse country. He and I used to spend some time on the "steel dart circuit" back in the "1970"s". Still have friends that remember the days that we competed. Have a couple of trophies, if doubted will show them.

Getting old is tough. However the memories from back in the day keep my fingers punching the keys.

Georgia Football has a "story" to tell. Meaning, in the 2015 Season. Regardless of what many want to say about our schedule, be warned, "step lightly".

Ready for this . . . . Thank you Coach Will Friend. Mahogany Row and the Athletic Department thought they could continue on the same path. What happened was this . . . . those with "brassies" stepped up and "changed UGA Football".

Pruitt/Rocker and Company do not sit behind their desks and "wait" for "talent" to come to "them". That "flavor of doing things" departed with todd grantham, and Bobby Bowden. Read between the lines my Brothers.

There is "still" a need for some "change in Athens".
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 11 months ago #67635 by Dawg With Style
Replied by Dawg With Style on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
Buc if it takes a 100 to beat saban then give him a 101 just win this one game i've been bragging a while now.

Buc we know Chubb needs to stay around 20 carries a game hope all is well with you Buc doing a little smoking and grilling my friend.

How Bout them Dawgs!!!!!!!

Ride it like you stole it
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1

• Dawg With Style
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 11 months ago #67636 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
DWS, the "smoke" is so far ahead of the days that I participated in the 1950' and 60's. "wish" I could participate again . . . . have one problem, 100% Disabled and the VA would take what I served for in the Far East in a minute. What occurred in that period of time, young folks don't understand. It is called history.

This is for you . . . . never forget the emails that "you and I" exchanged sometime back. You said to me this . . . Called me a Damn Good Dawg . . . . and I said this . . . . Back at you my Brother. We lost your Father, growl is going through too much, and Duck is special.

Want this board, Dawgs.com to move forward, just need for all of us to "understand" how it works.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1, growl, Dawg With Style

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #67637 by swampdawg
Replied by swampdawg on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
The row is not anywhere near 'leadership'. The HC is still a suspect after last year's blunders.

That looks like what we will go to the field with this year.

Buc, The drool blogs (SDS and others) take the feed and try to get ad clicks.

DROOL: leaking saliva from ones mouth. often with desire for something out of reach. ie: I saw that retard drool like a dog while I was eating my hamburger.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
8 years 11 months ago #67638 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
As I have pointed out I am a newbie when it comes to Bulldog football. Seriously doubt that had I not moved to Athens and stayed in Chattanooga I would have found my way

That said. Standing on the bridge on Sanford Dr and feeling the hedges I am proud to be a part of

The Nation. Because of my late arrival I have no opinion about Bowden and CMR. Was not

Exposed as many here have been. My eyes see our problems for a different angle. Yes they are

Numerous areas of concern however the solutions must come from those inside the program as noted changing HC at this time is not going to happen.

Does the name Mickey Rivers. ring any bells. He is whom. I know when it comes to FSU football

His sister Kathy who was a school teacher lived 3 houses from ours in Hixson (Chattanooga).

What I know about the man he had many challenges loss of a son and then his grandson

Never heard anyone speak unkindly about him. Shared some time at a cookout once.

Small world. Buc. nothing wrong about growing old beats the hell out of the alternative

We both have seen a great deal of change in our lifetime. That in itself is cause enough to believe

Me knows that a old dawg named Buc has learned a few new tricks over the years and. Has a few

More to go. Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #67639 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
The Macon and Athens newspaper writers do a decent job of being objective. That is a compliment guys. The bloggers, different story.

Blogs taking the feed from the machine regardless of the real situation is about what you expect these days. There are blogs everywhere. They are free web space for the most part so their investment is usually zero. No way to avoid it if we want open Internet. Everybody has an opinion. And you know what else everyone has.

However, every blog writer is invited here to discuss the issues with knowledgeable Dawg folks. I think it would be an interesting discussion with them if it were a two way conversation.

Just sayin...

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1

Time to create page: 0.054 seconds