Forum

From Athens- Friday Thoughts

8 years 11 months ago #67604 by NC_Dawg
Replied by NC_Dawg on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
Want more proof that the anointed one rarely, if ever, learns from the transgressions of his past.....

Georgia RB commit still considering Vols

Four-star running back B.J. Emmons, a Georgia commitment, says he's keeping his options open following his latest visit to Tennessee on Saturday for the Vols' junior day...

Finishing the Drill?!?!?!

This young man is from my area, I've spoken to him...and I wouldn't be a bit surprised if UT didn't steal him from us....

Sad,.....

"My advice to you is to start drinking heavily." - Bluto
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #67605 by swampdawg
Replied by swampdawg on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
1. In a symphony the music sounds the same when you have the same conductor. No matter who the musicians are.
2. On a team the performance is the same when you have the same leaders. No matter who the players are.

Wasn't that fun? Oh well. just trying to make a point. We have the players, the leadership is what is on the burner.

For us, next big decision point is to watch the SC game and go from there. Lose SC, Gators, Tech again and I don't care whose "fault" it is. In fact if we aren't SEC champ material then wtf. Change starts at the top under those circumstances.

More...

Admit it. College football is the stepping stone to the pros if you play for the right team.
No IPF (IAF or whatever) is enough for some recruits to say no to the program. Real pros want modern facilities and that goes for coaches too.

Hard to believe the cash flow is not there to accomplish this. Maybe we need to take a look at the books.

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #67606 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
Buc wrote:

Georgia goes to Columbia, Missouri and kicks the you know what out of Missouri. 34-0.

When the 2014 Season is finished . . . . Missouri Tigers are the SEC East Champions.

Any thoughts on what happened?

What happened was we ran into a gaytor team that was prepared and wanted the game more than we did. We were not prepared on either side of the ball and the coaches not preparing the team cost us the SEC East. All we had to do is beat the gaytors win the Aubuurn game(which we did) and we play in the ATL. Coaching is what happened IMHO...

Bad thing about the above is that it has become the norm for us to back into the East and that someone will lose so we can play in the ATL. Backfired once again...and Mizzou gets back to back East titles...but guess what we still won TEN GAMES so all is good and the savior is coming....

thecountrynation.com

More
8 years 11 months ago #67607 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
NC_Dawg, privately have had some concern about B.J. Emmons. Believe you mentioned a while back that he is a very talented running back. North Carolina seems to have a solid grip on producing talented running backs. Our game with UT this season in Knoxville is going to be a game to watch. Follows the Alabama game in Athens, and that is going to be "more than interesting" because of coaches involved. Believe Tennessee will be in a better position because we face off with Bama prior to going to checkerboard country. Game scares me for several reasons. One thing being they know right now who their quarterback is, along with two very good running backs.

ogredawg you said and it is a simple truth . . . .

Bad thing about the above is that it has become the norm for us to back into the East and that someone will lose so we can play in the ATL. Backfired once again...and Mizzou gets back to back East titles...but guess what we still won TEN GAMES so all is good and the savior is coming....

Also, play Missouri Tigers after Alabama and Tennessee. My opinion, Missouri has one of the top five football coaches in college football. Does a hell of a lot more with less.

This is where the "depth issue" has always been front and center for 14 of the 15 years under Richt. Say again, thank you Coach Will Friend.

swampdawg, good to see you back. We have always agreed on one point in particular . . . . Change starts at the top. Mahogany Row will change nothing until some "brash new hire" steps up and as you say, uses the WTF. Thank you Jeremy Pruitt, even though the public relations department is trying to shift the recent gain of the IPF to Mark Richt. I say, WTF.

More
8 years 11 months ago #67608 by NC_Dawg
Replied by NC_Dawg on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
Your concerns are likely similar to mine. Young man NEEDS direction, needs a solid environment, with a purpose. Is this not the type of "person" CMR supposedly loves to recruit, develop,.....etc???....From what I gather, there has been very little "love" shown from the Classic City.....UT on the other hand......

"My advice to you is to start drinking heavily." - Bluto

More
8 years 11 months ago #67609 by sadlerdawg
Replied by sadlerdawg on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
Buc, you are 100% correct on the Bowden comparison. I watched my family go through it firsthand. I've posted that before, and in fact had a couple of members tell me I didn't know what I was talking about. The only difference in the situations is that Bowden could at least deliver a couple of NC's before the game passed him by.

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!

More
Time to create page: 0.073 seconds