Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 11 months ago #67629 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
Horse racing much like football yd1.

Everybody lines up and the winner is not known until the action starts and ends.

Have to say this . . . .

Right now we have a lot of "studs" that are going to line up, many of us, both players and fans are hoping for more "studs" to lineup in Athens after the spread sheet is laid out in February of 2016. Always a chance that some will not make it to the finish line in the Classic City. Playing time this day and time has a lot to do with the "dotted line".

Many or most of these young players that will head to Athens have enjoyed their time in high school, deserved for their efforts in high school. Changes come quickly after high school and entering college. Many of these highlight videos that we watch are actually really good players lining up against players that will not go on to play the game in college. Pancakes and sacks become much harder and fewer in number.

What changes? Everything.

My hope is that those that choose the Red and Black leave their egos behind, recognize that every player on the squad at one time was "all that in high school". Adjusting can be a very hard thing for some to do, won't list names but we have had more than our share for too long that refused to adjust. Becomes more of a "team game" in college when trying to make the Final Four.

I see it a bit like this. Watch these young men after high school, many not get playing time in college. Then comes the NFL draft, many not getting drafted that had really good high school and college football days.

Simple fact . . . . get an education, enjoy the game.

More
8 years 11 months ago #67630 by Buc
Food for thought . . . .

Below in the link listed is Marty Schottenheimer's Coaching Tree. As an older member I am/was aware of Brian's Dad and his coaching efforts.

Would like to see Mark Richt's Coaching Tree since his arrival in Athens. Not trying to be ugly, just trying to bring facts to this board.

I believe if we look close enough, most will recognize what has occurred with our team over many years.

Seems in 2014 there was some semblance of recognizing for two many years, coaching basically, lack for a better word, "sucked".

Say again not player talent solely. I am a great believer in "Talent recognizes Talent". Meaning . . . . More of the Georgia players seem to like what they see in our "new" coaching staff. Much changed when the seat began to "heat up" after JAX and the combination of Richt/grantham failures.

Thank you again Coach Will Friend. Only problem I have sir . . . . you probably saved Richt's job forever.

Admit it now Mark Richt . . . . Jeremy Foley and his brassies are the reason for the IPF. You are at best a "Carney Barker". Barkers have been "duping" the unknowing forever. Say what?

www.fieldstforum.com/2015/05/17/schottenheimer-2-for-1-special/

More
8 years 11 months ago #67631 by Buc
Change for good as I see it.

This coaching staff is not allowing the media to tell them who and at what position we need to recruit.

Why is it that many like what they see from the defensive coaches? There has been a turnover starting in 2014.

Two areas that will allow a SEC team to be in contention for the SEC Championship Game, most seasons. Offensive line and defensive line development and recruiting our butts off in those two areas. Never understood in Athens by the coaching staff before 2014. Not over yet, but the two lines are steadily moving forward. Nick Saban has built a seven (7) million dollar head coaching job doing just that. Not rocket science, solid understanding what it takes to win year after year. We have been on a roller coaster ride for "years". Ten (10) wins a year don't mean spit to the coaches that arrived in Athens recently.

Anyone want to go back to Mark Richt, Head Coach, prior to 2014 and his coaching philosophy?

Accused by some for being anti-Richt . . . . not true. Have many problems with pro-Richt lack of understanding and posing for the media. I said that.

Question easy enough, have asked this before.

Who wants to have Mark Richt as Head Coach for another lengthy period of time. Add this . . . . without folks like Pruitt/Rocker and Company. Return to grantham, Martinez way of coaching and others that need not be mentioned. So some are now patting Richt on the back for what many see as improvement in Athens. How long has that taken?

Pat Coach Will Friend on the back. He was the "leader of the pack". Little mention of the "real change in Athens" created by Richt "listening" to Friend. Fact.

ogredawg, feel good about coaches that at least have the "brassies" to take a stand . . . . win, lose or draw. Media, all about themselves and we get very little from them other than pushing their agenda. "Clicks". Fact. Media coming from Athens is definitely lopsided in the direction of a system that has been misguided for 14 going on 15 years. ABH and others trying to force readers into "joining". Macon and Columbus Ledger tried the same. Now the AJC is making an effort to act as if they need to be read through "clicks".

Couple of thoughts on a Sunday afternoon. Sometimes it is in our best interest as "true UGA supporters" to question those that don't have "our history".
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
8 years 11 months ago #67632 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
Good Stuff Buc as always..... Don't know if you read this but post it anyway good article.

onlineathens.com/sports/2015-05-16/back-...kouts-dont-slow-down

from the ABH note the last word in the article and who says it........very interesting..........

Braves grilling the fish peaceful in the Classic City... Go Gawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #67633 by Buc
yankeedawg1, I have read the article. I appreciate your attention to the same.

Herschel Walker was a "quiet performer". Nick Chubb is the same.

I have problems when I read our head coach "suggesting" that Nick Chubb is capable of taking 35 handoffs. Nick Chubb will take 50 handoffs if that is what it takes to win. Would like to think that Mark Richt is speaking to Chubb's "ability", has gotten to the point that Mark Richt sounds exactly the way Bobby Bowden did in his declining years.

Wish I could put some faith in Mark Richt, just can't. That is the reason that I continue to post this type "stuff" . . . . Just stay out of the way, take the pats on the back such as you are doing now.

Question. Does Mark Richt know more about coaching the offense than Brian Schottenheimer? If Georgia has an outstanding 2015 Season offensively, who takes the credit? Will it be because Schottenheimer ran the Richt offense as it has been run for 14 years and the credit goes to Richt?

This is the truth as I see it.

Mark Richt basically reached as high as he could using the Bowden method. Hiring friends and family. Where did that get him? On a serious hot seat at one point, and after JAX against Nebraska the seat heated up again.

Those that "control" Georgia Football, the "money maker" finally got their "ears pinned back" and saw the "numbers" surrounding UGA Football change. No longer was it 75% pro Richt, it has moved to "less" than 50% pro Richt. Public relations department and the media are in a "wait and see" 2015 Season.

Coach Will Friend saved Richt's butt. I said that.

Georgia finally has some "FOOTBALL BRAINS" involved with Georgia Football. Young, aggressive coaches that don't make four (4) million dollars a year. Said that also. The new group of coaches have their "hands in the dirt". Finally.

Say again board members, if you see something different than what I see, let's talk.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
Time to create page: 0.100 seconds