Forum

From Athens- Friday Thoughts

8 years 11 months ago #67610 by sadlerdawg
Replied by sadlerdawg on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
Also Buc, as far as Narcisse is concerned, I'm sure the only reason he was offered is because in richt's mind it is better for him to be pacing on our sideline with headphones on than getting the job done for another team. The fact that MAYBE he (or Faton, for that matter) could get the job done for UGA has never entered the one track pro-set mind of our "coach"

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: NC_Dawg, Buc, DAWGtm

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 11 months ago #67611 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
Something that really sticks out in my mind with this board is . . . . not one piss fight about the main reason we are posting. That in my mind is a word that has become the underlying truth . . . . "Leadership".

One of the board members that I haven't read a post from in a long time, 36869. He raised the protest flag back when there were probably more posters and readers on this board that were in the Richt camp than not. Did notice the lower case "r" sadlerdawg.

Cannot deny and it is evident in my posts as to what I think about the way Faton Bauta has been relegated to the sideline. Then I see where a young man with the same talents is offered. sadlerdawg, you were/are on point when you mention "program protection". Exactly what I have come to believe the Richt camp did in the case of Faton Bauta.

Comes down to this for me . . . . parroting what you said above . . . .

Also Buc, as far as Narcisse is concerned, I'm sure the only reason he was offered is because in richt's mind it is better for him to be pacing on our sideline with headphones on than getting the job done for another team. The fact that MAYBE he (or Faton, for that matter) could get the job done for UGA has never entered the one track pro-set mind of our "coach".

yankeedawg1 said it in this thread . . . . it is what it is.

However, the "Roman Empire" came tumbling down, the IPF BS came tumbling down, and the reason . . . . folks that care enough about Georgia Football are beginning to "create cracks" in the lack of "Leadership" . . . . that word again.

sadlerdawg, same thing happened in Tallahassee. Who would have thought that Bobby Bowden would not retire as head coach at FSU some years back? The folks that put the "big money on the table in Tallahassee" changed how the game needed to be played. Like the program or not, a lot of very talented football players, get this . . . . from all over the country want to play there.

247sports.com/Season/2016-Football/CompositeTeamRankings

247sports.com/Season/2015-Football/CompositeTeamRankings

Both polls Georgia is listed as 6th, and we did what with "Top Ten Talent" . . . . 2014? 2015 yet to be played.

We went to the Belk Bowl. Couple of "smarter decisions" by the head coach and we win 12 games not 10. Something like that ogredawg?
The following user(s) said Thank You: sadlerdawg, ogredawg, swampdawg, yankeedawg1

More
8 years 11 months ago #67612 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
Smarter coaching would of won us the Carolina game no doubt, but you can come back from a early loss but not the late ones, it is all about how you finish and we did not finish well to compete for the NC. Even if we had beaten the gaytors and won the east the loss to Tech would have kept us out of any NC consideration. You would of had to have multiple 2 loss teams to be considered even winning the SEC as a 2 loss team would not have gotten them in with the likes of Oregon, FSU, Ohio State, or TCU. As strong as the SEC is a 2 loss team will not make it in if there are 1 or 2 undefeated and 3 or 4 one loss teams.

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: swampdawg, yankeedawg1

More
8 years 11 months ago #67613 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
Sometime ago when we had a flurry of peeping contests among us'n. It was posted we can

Disagree without being disagreeable. True then Truth today. Again I feel that our past history

Not our talent is being reflected in our poll position. We fix the stoopid stuff noise can be made

With this team and its talent. It comes down to how our HC will it be the same ole same oh

Or can a old dog learn much needed new tricks. Halftime USC game the picture will become

Much clearer. Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: swampdawg

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 11 months ago #67614 by Buc
ogredawg, the strength of your posts on this board are deeply appreciated by myself, and others that I am aware of.

Can take the "boy" out of "South Georgia", can't take the Red and Black out of same. You have been around Georgia Football for more years than many of us want to speak to, but for reasons that lead us to what we say here, there are "supposed leaders" that don't understand the "arena" as much as you and the person that introduced "arena talk here". That would be sadlerdawg.

A word for you sadlerdawg, Boston Bomber received the "Death Penalty". Know you are aware, but again, stay safe, much is wrong in today's world.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sadlerdawg, ogredawg, DAWGtm, growl

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #67615 by Buc
Chief, your area of Georgia has been producing "talent" for a long time. Not a lot of difference in Macon and south of Macon to compare with ATL. Abuurn has always been a pain in the butt there for us, seems that the new group of coaches are bound and determined to face off with Abuurn and others.

You guys ready for this . . . . ?

If Alabama is defeated by Georgia and one more team from the West side of the SEC, think there will be any noise from the "faithful"?

Many in the media are trying to get "hits" by posting that Abuurn will take Alabama.

Recruiting has moved through the "gear shift" six-speed has replaced the old four on the floor.

Where does that leave Georgia and Abuurn at their place?

From where I sit . . . . last season (2014) we had a "gift schedule". Not this season, bet that.

Will say this, even though I don't like "chirping" about "2 years out", I have few doubts that the defense will continue to improve, but we are talking about young pups that have not faced off with talent like "other SEC teams have". Some of the 5***** talent is based on a lack of understanding. By that mean this . . . . Big, powerful, fast lineman, offense or defense will kick most butts that they face in high school. Those that understand know what to look for. "Pancakes" in high school are one thing, count the same number of "pancakes" once these young men play in the SEC.

Back to this . . . . Many are talking a lot about Nick Chubb. That is as it should be, he earned that. Anyone that believes he can play every game on the schedule in 2015 and carry the ball more than 25 times a game, asking for trouble. Why do I say that . . . . Check Marshall's tape out, check Michel's tape out. What I am trying to say . . . . I sincerely hope that Brian Schottenheimer with all of his NFL experience understands. That is not a shot at Brian Schottenheimer, that is a fan of UGA football hoping that our "offensive coaches" have watched film and understand that the NFL "prefers" young running backs that enter the draft without "serious injuries".

I understand that I talk about a lot of things that many boards do not, but you and I are the same. Want "solid play" between the Hedges, but want that solid play backed up with "understanding" that there is more to the game than a coach moving his standing forward. Sorry, have seen a lot of that. Called "self preservation".

More
Time to create page: 0.054 seconds