Forum

From Athens- Friday Thoughts

8 years 11 months ago #67622 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
Sugar sprinkles on top with Tyler Clark. We beat out the Gus Bus and Rodney. Sweet!!

Player with a very bright future as a Dawg. Who's going to start the fire???

Go Dawgs!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 11 months ago #67623 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
Looking over some of his stats yd1, very impressive 40, especially for a interior defensive lineman, "4.9". Asked by one beat writer what he wanted to improve on over the summer . . . . answer was speed. Also asked about his "grades", answer was A's and B's.

More talented football players than I have ever seen. That not only goes for UGA, the entire SEC is landing young men qualified to play in the SEC.

Also have a feeling that one of the reasons that Schottenheimer was hired is his offensive past in the NFL. Young men today feed on anything that will improve their chances of playing NFL football after college.

Seems to be working well for Tracy Rocker and his past involvement with the NFL. Great hire.

McGarity is going to have to open the "vault" again, sooner rather than later if this recruiting level continues.

Comes down to coaching these talented players up.

More
8 years 11 months ago #67624 by Buc
Recruiting update: Georgia heavy on early in-state commits

By Seth Emerson

Cannot remember when I have read a headline like the one above. Think most of us know what changed for Georgia on the recruiting front.

There has been a lot of "talk" in the past few years, but a year or so ago is when the coaches lived up to keeping the Georgia High School Talent at home. That would be the "new hires". Quite frankly, BMac was the one coach that put forth effort "every recruiting season". Season for BMac, 12 months a year, 24/7 if needed. Some of the coaches that have departed did recruit, but not like BMac has for a number of years. Bryan McClendon put his recruiting efforts in where improvement was needed, not just the area he was assigned to. Can't tell that I am a huge supporter of BMac right? Coach Brian McClendon is a "team coach". BMac is one coach that I hope "retires from football" when he calls it quits in Athens, looking for a long term arrangement.

If our defense shows improvement in the 2015 Season, hard for me to believe that the young men living in Georgia won't take a hard look at the Red and Black. That however is based on "coaching improvement". Will leave that alone, for now. ;)

One thing that I do know personally and feel that ogredawg bases some of his feelings on . . . . if you play "defense in the SEC" you have a better than average chance of putting smiles on fans faces. I will say this . . . . he is right and I sincerely hope that what I see coming from our Defensive Coaches, Pruitt/Rocker and Company reaches the goals that ogredawg understands. Simple SEC History.

yd1 . . . .

www.usatoday.com/story/sports/horseracin...ace-course/27310227/
The following user(s) said Thank You: ogredawg, yankeedawg1

More
8 years 11 months ago #67625 by yankeedawg1
Remember when CJP spoke about if our "O". scores 35pts it should win. Hmmmm

Seems to be taking steps to see that happens. And.... Working to lower that number.

You are spot on about Seth's. Headline. What difference....

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!

• yankeedawg1
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 11 months ago #67626 by yankeedawg1
Waiting on the call to the post........ Crowd moving toward the rail......

Go Dawgs!

• yankeedawg1
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 11 months ago #67627 by Buc
Lots of rain . . . . :(

More
Time to create page: 0.075 seconds