Forum

Recruits/Recruiting Thread

9 years 1 week ago #67335 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Recruits/Recruiting Thread
Ogre. Early in the game still may prove true with Bobo....

Kids build relationships so it seems we might loose one by not having CMB And then turn around

And gain because of a CRS or CBS. As I posted earlier think our new RB coach will net us a few

Keepers before NDS. My 2 cents... Bobo had a better brand to sell with UGA then CSU

If CSU raises it stock then he and CWF. May have better results recruiting in the SE

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 week ago - 9 years 1 week ago #67336 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Recruits/Recruiting Thread
Will be interesting to see the results of Mike Bobo's efforts in the first two years at CSU.

One thing for sure, Bobo/Friend will be working the Southeast for CSU like never before. How two Southern coaches will do in the West . . . . one with Georgia roots the other with Alabama roots, interesting . . . .

As far as Thomas Brown coming home, from Wisconsin to Georgia, not a doubt his presence in Athens will be felt by other coaches recruiting against him. Seems Thomas Brown did well when he left the South and took the coaching job in Wisconsin. One of his players could be the first running back taken in the NFL Draft this time around.

Recruiting . . . . I visualize Thomas Brown and his skill recruiting the same way I saw Will Friend come and teach some in Athens the best way to build a football team from the ground up.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 1 week ago #67337 by Buc
Noticed that another site is going to do the same thing that is being talked about here. Again, check "time lines".

Will be interesting to see which site gets the most views.

Now that spring practice is finished, we’re going to start a series reviewing who UGA has coming to campus in June from the 2015 class. First up is a kid that was dying to be a Dawg. It’s hard to tell where guys are going to end up, especially before they even hit campus. One thing is for sure in this case, we have one that is going to work his tail off and make you proud that he’s in the red and black.

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 1 week ago - 9 years 1 week ago #67338 by Buc
Chauncey Manac, 2016 Commit.
Those committing don't always end up with their first choice. Think that Manac will play for UGA when he leaves high school

Chauncey appears to be another in the building list of really good defensive players that choose to play for Pruitt/Rocker and Company. A while back we were never sure what the next recruiting class would look like. Defensive coaches have put a stop to that it appears.

Chauncey Manac is listed as a defensive end, spends much time at inside linebacker. Run stopper. Another year and then some time spent with Mark Hocke and Company.

www.hudl.com/athlete/1613369/chauncey-manac

www.hudl.com/athlete/1613369/highlights/191593377/v2
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 1 week ago #67339 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Recruits/Recruiting Thread
Not to long ago any skill player on defense would be a automatic Bama recruit ...

I posted last year that CJP was on a mission to become the best DC in college football

He is gathering his troops and teaching them his way...... we will see a progress report when

Tide comes calling. ... best start pulling your chin strap tight.... has the feel of a prime time night game

The Hedges will feel the the ground shake. Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, growl

More
9 years 1 week ago - 9 years 1 week ago #67340 by Buc
Most indicators are that Pruitt and Company can be counted on for hard work. In my opinion it was past time for some serious thought to be applied to recruiting. Before the "new coaches" arrived, seemed to me that it was the shotgun approach.

Quite frankly, those that are coaches and upper room coat and tie folks needed real Georgia fans to speak up and basically demand "change".

Staying on the subject of recruiting, loud voices demanded that something be done about the Indoor Practice Facility. One voice that was "heard" happened to be Pruitt . . . . (the only one apparently). Anyone remember the coaching staff pushing the issue of the IPF prior to Pruitt? I don't, and I follow Georgia football closely.

It was a simple "Recruiting" message. Want the players to stay on this side of the Chattahoochee? Now we read where Georgia will have the greatest IPF in the country. How did that happen? Coaches that understand what it requires to build winning football teams. Wins against higher rated teams, not just those that are in the category of outside the top 25 year after year. There are "wins" and there are "wins".

Some of the first words out of Jeremy Pruitt's mouth when he arrived in Athens . . . . "Interceptions, our defensive team will intercept". Marquez has very good hands, and he will hit. Video shows more offensive play than defensive, but this young man plays both sides equally well. He will intercept for Pruitt and Company.

Another player from your area Chief Growl. Habit forming . . . . :)

247sports.com/Player/Marquez-Callaway-37269

www.hudl.com/athlete/2143662/highlights/115942375/v2

247sports.com/Season/2016-Football/Compo...hSchool&Position=ATH

yankeedawg1, so right about best defensive talent taking up residence in Tuscaloosa. I think that Kirby Smart is all that, if not, Nick Saban would have let him move to Athens. Fact. Kirby now has competition from those that took over our defense and made a "Dawg Fight" out of recruiting in Georgia.
The following user(s) said Thank You: growl

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.067 seconds