Forum

Recruits/Recruiting Thread

9 years 5 days ago #67392 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Recruits/Recruiting Thread
Truthfully as we get older, changes do occur in our lives. Once upon a time when we were full of "piss and vinegar", would not give a second thought to changing our mind. I believe that some of that is happening with Mark Richt, getting a little longer in the tooth. The turn around that some of us see can be attributed to the young coaches being full of "piss and vinegar".

My opinion . . . . it was time for choosing up sides. It happened the day that Pruitt stepped out about the Indoor Practice Facility. After that there was the "rumored" war between Richt and McGarity. Snake with two heads accomplishes nothing. McGarity soon forgot his first words when becoming Athletic Director. Put on a power play, one learned from spending 10 years under Jeremy Foley in Florida. Again, my opinion. If McGarity had won the battle, he would also have won the war. What Pruitt did many did not recognize . . . . he was actually covering Richt's back. Yep, Battlefield positions changed, and changed quickly.

This group of young coaches should not be underestimated. They coach hard, but they also have their eyes open to the welfare of the football program. The Golden Goose. Much more to our football program that Saturday afternoons.

DAWGtm you are absolutely right about the "tick" in the dog's back. Let's hope that it does not reach the point of Lyme's Disease. Mark Richt has only to look at the caliber of players that are finding their way to Athens, look at the folks that are responsible for that and remember much of this started with Pruitt stepping out to cover Richt's back, not McGarity's. Fact.

Bet this . . . . when the facility is completed, even before that, McGarity and the Public Relations group along with Mahogany Row will cover the media up with just how great they are. Remember this . . . . butts in the seats, go by the name "fans" are responsible for the Indoor Practice Facility. The same fans that Bill King pointed to in an article and criticized the Athletic Director without calling his name for "fans" walking in wet places. Just expressing a point of view, maybe I should say many points of view.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DAWGtm

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 5 days ago - 9 years 5 days ago #67393 by Buc

ogredawg, picked the paragraph below up, thought you and others might read again what you said in this thread about Mike Bobo.

Thompson committed to UGA over offers from pretty much everyone else in the country. If there was a number two, it would probably be Auburn. He was also heavily recruited by Alabama and Florida State. Some thought that it would hurt UGA when Mike Bobo left for Colorado State, as Bobo was his main recruiter. Little did they know that defensive line coach Tracy Rocker had built just as strong of a relationship with Trent.

Truth is . . . . not knocking Mike Bobo, all of us know that he was a recruiting machine. Many of us believe that Tracy Rocker is invaluable.
Attachments:

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 5 days ago #67395 by Buc
This post is about recruiting . . . . NFL recruiting. :)

Question . . . . 2014 Season in the Red Zone, 1st and goal, against South Carolina. Who is responsible for the play calling?

www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000487038/...ince-adrian-peterson

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 5 days ago - 9 years 5 days ago #67397 by Buc
The following article mentions some things about the new coaching staff for the gators that has been mentioned here. Going to say this again . . . . We need to get our act together, soon McElwain will have the gators in contention again. I have mentioned that McElwain has been a serious uplift for the gator fans.

urban meyer and muschamp did little to move the gators forward at the end of their time as head coaches. muschamp is strutting around the Plains like he is all that, might be, but he sure as hell proved that he is not head coach material.

To me, this is some of the material that you and I as Georgia fans need to read, keep an eye on. McElwain is all over Orlando as mentioned in the article. The area that AJ Turman is from. While Orlando is not the size of Atlanta, it is small by no means. Living in East Central Florida, I am aware of the talent that plays football in Central Florida, year after year. AM playing Central Florida, Tampa area, not Orlando.

I am a happy camper with the addition of the new coaches in Athens. If that had not occurred, sparks would be flying.

Thank our lucky stars again that we have Bryan McClendon running the recruiting area of our program. He is strong in the entire State of Florida, he is tough as nails in South Florida.

Just sounding a word of caution, much is happening down this way. Never take anything for granted.

www.gainesville.com/article/20150422/art.../150429886?p=2&tc=pg

Edit: Indoor Practice Facilities. This is in the article above.

— McElwain said he's enjoyed watching the progress of the construction of UF's new $15 million indoor football practice facility, which is due to be finished in August. The steel frame of the building is nearly complete. “One of the great things is all the facility enhancements that we are going through right now and the support of the university,” McElwain said. “From (President) Dr. (Kent) Fuchs to (athletic director) Jeremy Foley and what we're committed to doing. That's not the only piece, but it's the most visible right now.

Takes some longer than others . . . . Snooze, you lose.

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 5 days ago #67398 by Buc
Really hate to see Christian Robinson leave Athens. It is the right thing for him to do. Speaks to the "depth" of the defensive coaching staff in Athens. That is a good thing for us also. Not any "holes" to be "filled". Cannot remember when I could say that.

Christian Robinson, Damn Good Dawg.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 5 days ago #67399 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Recruits/Recruiting Thread
Buc. With Christian leaving removed reminds me of Thomas Brown's journey in his coaching career

DGD. Wish him well....Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
Time to create page: 0.070 seconds