Forum

Recruits/Recruiting Thread

9 years 1 week ago - 9 years 1 week ago #67341 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Recruits/Recruiting Thread
Ever get the feeling that "we stole one". Tae Crowder is going to turn heads big time when he puts on the Red and Black. Often those that rate players can't see the forest for the trees. Tae Crowder in my opinon was an absolute "2015 gift" to Georgia.

DWS and I definitely agree on Tae Crowder. Other folks will later on. :)

Edit: Started to say this when I first posted, did not. Then read this elsewhere . . . . I agree, thank you Chris Carson. Wish you the best, but I believe you "boosted" our program with you going elsewhere.

Carson leaving...A blessing in disguise? This kid has good size and quickness!

Only name mentioned was Mark Richt, good get Mark.

sports.yahoo.com/uga/football/recruiting...r-Tae-Crowder-162126

Two **stars my butt.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 1 week ago - 9 years 1 week ago #67342 by Buc
ogredawg, you said this in the G Day Game Day Thread.

A small group that participates here. Lots to say when the season starts. Easy enough to talk about football "after the fact". Little tougher when "some" go out on a limb and discuss what the possibilities are before kickoff in September.

As some, one or two have said to me . . . . Buc you are retired, we have to work. Wonder where the "workers" are when the season starts each year. Not "retired" then. I call BS.

Over 500 views of this thread . . . . Three members (3) with posts.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 1 week ago - 9 years 1 week ago #67343 by Buc
Aaron Dowdell, 2016 commit. If he gets his hands on you, you are "out of the play, done, finished, over".

Never ceases to amaze BMac's name pops up with recruits playing every position on the field. Has been said several times, Georgia Athletic Department are getting their "money's worth" from McClendon.

Once upon a time Rodney Garner held the title of Recruiting Director. He did well some years, for sure. Never accomplished what I see coming from BMac.

Rob Sales is not letting any grass grow under his feet either. Watched some video on Rob Sales, sounds a lot like Mark Hocke to me. Both are very intense. From where I sit, Georgia Football recruiting and otherwise needed some intensity.

ogredawg said in this thread, Post #6 . . . . Thought the word was when Bobo left recruiting would suffer.

That comment has been with me for a couple of days. That is what those who have everything figured out have said for a long time. I have been one to not jump all over Bobo every chance that was available. Same has been said about our head coach . . . . many times on this board. Probably the main "battle cry" that we still hear on many boards.

Guess I think along these lines . . . . Ohio State changed head coaches, Alabama changed head coaches, FSU changed head coaches, Auburn changed head coaches, Tennessee changed head coaches, Ole Miss changed head coaches, Mississippi State changed head coaches, long list of coaching changes, does not seem to alter the recruiting efforts. Just a thought.

www.hudl.com/athlete/1721154/highlights/210082398/v2

Edit: Might add to the above, some of those changing head coaches have done rather well. Just saying . . . .

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 1 week ago - 9 years 1 week ago #67344 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Recruits/Recruiting Thread
My thoughts..... without any games posters can''t trash coaches not that they don't deserve it at times

Can't question coaches faith in .the off season as nothing relating to it is taking place...no

Contact with recruits and there family

action would pickup with the arrest of a player or a suspension. don't wish for either

Yes Buc Saratoga ponies bought a few rounds of brew and pizza.

About fishing tackle rigging

Been on our in the water since I could walk. Upstate NY and the Adirondack Mtns loaded with lakes and streams

Native brown or rainbow was the order. Mother's. Family from Maine. Summer's on the coast

Uncles had commercial lobster boat . Learned to rig many types of bait and lures

Lastly learned how to run a trot line on the TN river after moving to Chattanooga

Major problem. Is Athens is not a water town..... Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
9 years 1 week ago #67345 by Buc
yankeedawg1, cannot tell you how much I appreciate you being a board member. Probably don't have to say much more than that. Thanks.

Never in my life have I been a "supporter of excuses".

Too many in this game called "American Football" expose themselves when they talk, therefore avoid saying what they truly think.

This board has some folks that are much better at posting than they think, or they prefer to "coach" when the season starts.

If this board decided to "drop out" . . . . Steve shut it down, where would some of the "game time posters" post? Probably the AJC, in my way of thinking.

AJC is trying their best to pull posters in their direction, and I have one simple question . . . . Why?

Anyone on this board and others that read this board (we know who you are) see where GATA no longer is available for comment? Someone that I really like lead me to that board with a request to do so. No longer a site, up for grabs.

I would say this to the members that do care about this board . . . . Steve has been around a loooooog time and he is still here. Wonder how many have ever sent a contribution to the site. Nothing is totally free in the world of college or NFL football. Damn hamburger and fries cost more than 5 bucks.

Looking forward to some of the "supposed" Georgia Football fans that post here and live by their continued lame excuses come fall when they come up and explain the game of football, especially Georgia Football.

I am much like the new recruit Natrez Patrick and the Sophomore Lorenzo Carter, not going to be pretty for some.

Gloves are off.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 1 week ago - 9 years 1 week ago #67346 by Buc
Chidi Okonya, 2016 recruit. Another young man that I hope remains in the State of Georgia. Lots of height, body will allow him to put on a lot of muscle. Like the fact that Pruitt and Rocker are wanting him to spend time in Athens.

As you mentioned yankeedawg1, building that depth. Have never seen effort like this going on for fifteen (15) years. Truth. Pruitt and Rocker, hard combination to beat.

Hope Chidi Okonya chooses UGA, two coaches, Pruitt and Rocker have reasons they are wanting him.

www.hudl.com/athlete/2110398/highlights/157178375/v2

Edit: Chidi Okonya will probably dress out at 260 after a year or two at UGA. Meant to post his measurements earlier.

247sports.com/Player/Chidi-Okonya-38807

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.101 seconds