Forum

Recruits/Recruiting Thread

9 years 1 week ago #67377 by DAWGtm
Replied by DAWGtm on topic Recruits/Recruiting Thread
We have been recruiting talented players for years but the change I see is now we are recruiting the needs of the team and not just the stars. I know y'all love that we have gotten some big time o lineman for 2016. I know we can't count our chickens before they hatch but it is nice not to be the last one to the dance and get stuck with the big girl in the corner.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 week ago #67378 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Recruits/Recruiting Thread
Good new. Is CJP and his merry Bama Band have a year's headstart on UF and UA

Huge..... players already in house they recruited. Teaching defense 202.

Anybody think thereisa better group of teaching coaching in the east SEC?

Stand toe to toe with the SEC west also. Yea I know. Stop the run well Bama had a few

Burps there also...... Good working to get better each day....... nobody will out work us today. CJP

Go Dawgs!

More
9 years 6 days ago #67379 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Recruits/Recruiting Thread
DAWGtm, spot on.

Defensive side of the ball, coaches not letting up. High school coaches recently turned college coaches that do understand depth. Interesting looking at names that don't ring a bell, no one has heard their name before. That in my book is recruiting. DAWGtm, noticed that the media has commented on the defensive coaches not having a lot to say. Don't think that will ever change if we produce some wins over top 25 college teams. Lead by example, that is what I believe Pruitt and Company are doing. Teach these young pups, they will pass that along. Sounds like a plan to me.

yankeedawg1, believe it was ogredawg that said, don't look past the Gamecocks. If not him this time, he has said it before. Looking around, many seem to think we are going to drop 3 or 4 games in 2015. If that turns out to be factual, going to be interesting to see the "cause".

thriller, if we play our butts off, make no serious coaching mistakes, this 2015 team will get a lot of attention from all quarters. Talent coming, but there is talent in Athens that needs to show up against SEC schools.

Having thoughts enter my gray matter about the punting. Said before, was not sold on our punter out of high school. He has to get the ball in the air quicker. As many have said before me, Special Teams have to be solid, know that ogredawg has pounded on that more than once. He is right.

Have spent some time in the past few days going back through posts that make so much sense. There are many here that "know their football". Fact.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 6 days ago #67380 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Recruits/Recruiting Thread
Buc. Put this in the vault. No matter who is the QB. we will score a bunch of points

And. This will be a fun team to watch. They all love to play the game and getting some really good coaching/teaching....

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!

More
9 years 6 days ago - 9 years 6 days ago #67381 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic Recruits/Recruiting Thread
Don't think we should look past any team, especially one coached by Spurrier or as taught to us last year by the team that resides in Gainesville and I don't mean Ga. Hopefully the coaches will have the team prepared for all the games this year.

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1

More
9 years 6 days ago #67384 by growl
Replied by growl on topic Recruits/Recruiting Thread
Buc, surely agree with you about Marquez Calloway, I listened to a lot of the Demons games this past year and his name was mentioned over and over. Did'nt think UGA would be on his scope, guess I did'nt listen close enough.

Why can't we have three better than average QB's, look what happened to the OL in such a short time?

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day

More
Time to create page: 0.097 seconds