Forum

Recruits/Recruiting Thread

9 years 6 days ago #67327 by Buc
Recruits/Recruiting Thread was created by Buc
Coming up on a stretch of the year when there is not a lot of available football talk, yes that includes those that earn most of their money from college football, the media folks.

Thoughts are that I could pull up some videos and "chirp" about recruits and recruiting. Along with that is what the "newbies" on the team this year have done in the Spring Practices and a lot of what has and is being said about these young pups.

If you agree with this venture, jump in, all that is asked is this . . . . If you come only to post videos and no thoughts on the particular player or players, would request otherwise. Conversation counts. As ogredawg said this week, seems there is a handful that actively participate during the "slow times". He is right again. That however happens elsewhere, not just this board.

Realize that I "chirp" a lot, but I have the time, feel qualified and most of all care about this board and its members and those that wear the Red and Black.

Might be that Steve could start a spot on the board where we can move this type of thread forward. Just suggesting.

Start with this . . . .

Natrez Patrick, Mays High School, now wearing the Red and Black. A lot has been said about this young man during the Spring. Seems as the practices moved along, the chatter about Natrez Patrick got louder and louder. Talk and praise not coming from one individual or coach, for the most part it was players, and more than one.

Another Freshman that is going to be hard to keep off of the field on Saturdays.

247sports.com/Bolt/Georgia-LB-Natrez-Pat...-the-inside-36767878

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 6 days ago #67328 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Recruits/Recruiting Thread
Darion Anderson is a commit for 2016, comes from Chief Growl's neck of the woods. Many talented young men come from Middle Georgia, need to make sure we keep our share in the future.

Watching the film on Anderson, he is a player that myself and many others refer to as a "football player". Leaves little doubt that he enjoys the game, and he has a "nasty side" as can be seen in the video below.

He was recruited to play wide receiver, no doubt he is an excellent receiver. From where I sit, Darion Anderson would be an outstanding safety, that is easily backed up by watching the video also. His defensive hits remind me of Thomas Davis, and any Georgia fan knows that is "high praise".

www.hudl.com/athlete/2455637/darion-anderson

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 6 days ago - 9 years 6 days ago #67331 by Buc
Most probably know this . . . .

Some on this board have had a lot to say when BMac's name is mentioned. Much should be said. If ever he was to move on to another SEC university, I might have to follow him . . . . TIC. Really believe that Natrez Patrick is wearing the Red and Black because BMac recruited him.

Have said before that I am aware of McClendon's hard recruiting work in South Florida. He is a thorn in the side or a pain in the butt to the gators, Miami, UCF and FSU. Ask Jeremy Pruitt about his short stay in Tallahassee and BMac's efforts in the entire state.

Bryan McClendon

Hometown:
Chicago, Ill.

High School:
Mays

Last College:
Georgia '05

Position:
Assist. Head Coach/Recruiting Coord./WR Coach

Birthdate:
12/28/1983

Men like Bryan McClendon don't come along often, he needs to be appreciated . . . . a bit more than I have seen so far.
Attachments:

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 6 days ago #67332 by Buc
This young man is "all that". Team player, respectful, smart as a whip. Ambitious, cares, great student of the game.

Watch Malik Young in coverage . . . . college and pros talk about hips . . . . Malik can turn on a dime, originating from his hips, not everyone can do that. Pruitt and BMac know that Malik Young is a "very special young man."

This is another young man that the "***stars" mean "zero." He "had" a 3***star rating by those that think they know . . . . Colleges all over the Southeast are sending recruiters trying to get Malik to go elsewhere.

Bryan McClendon and Jeremy Pruitt recruiting, hard combination for any university to top.

Say again folks, Bryan McClendon has UGA in South Florida hard to deal with.

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 6 days ago #67333 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Recruits/Recruiting Thread
Buc. It was just a short time ago this and other sites called us out for not being able to recruit

IMO. we have made major steps not only in quality but recruiting to our needs

As you and others have pointed out key to building depth

Side bet.... CTomB will haul us a player or two.... A ...game at recruiting..very good thing

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
9 years 6 days ago #67334 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic Recruits/Recruiting Thread
Thought the word was when Bobo left recruiting would suffer.

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
Time to create page: 0.084 seconds