Forum

Recruits/Recruiting Thread

9 years 6 days ago #67385 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic Recruits/Recruiting Thread
Next BIG Star for UGA will be Natrez Patrick. He will fill the void at ILB for the next 3-4 years for sure. Was not recruited for that position but is a natural for it. With his size and speed he will be a force to be reckoned with over the middle and run stuffer.

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller, Buc

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 6 days ago #67386 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Recruits/Recruiting Thread
ogredawg, was looking around the internet and I settled on reading some very interesting chatter about Natrez Patrick. Looks like we are again on the same wave length.

Believe I read that the head coach said Natrez has turned a lot of heads. It was also said that Patrick looks real good in the middle, mentioned he might have to drop a few pounds. I am not going to worry about the "baby fat" at his point, do hope that he comes back from Summer ready to take up where he left off.

Takes me to this. There was a lot of hoopla about the LOI not being signed by Roquan Smith, another one of those players from growl's area. ogredawg, if Roquan Smith is all that, this group of coaches really have to be beside themselves. Of course they would not or will not say it, but privately there has to be some "heady talk" going on. Appears the defensive coaches are on the same page, needed for a long time.

Reggie Carter, one you have stood by since his arrival in Athens along with Natrez Patrick in the middle, good place for running backs to avoid. However, if running backs avoid that area, outside linebackers appear to be all that.

Thought about your earlier post, team not going to sleep when we line up against the gators. Have to believe that is one game that this group of defensive coaches and players will reflect on . . . . the 2014 game. Many on this team got it handed to them, players and last but not least, coaches.

Takes me to this . . . . We beat the absolute pp out of Auburn in 2014. Same rule applies to this game as the one mentioned above. Only thing is, Auburn, at home, they will play against us like I suspect we will play against the gators in JAX this season. Outside of Alabama, Auburn will play against Georgia like no other team on their schedule in 2015. Noticed that Gus Malzahn has chosen his starting quarterback for 2015.

growl, Auburn has always been a pain in the butt in Middle Georgia, with the new coaches, maybe it swings back in our direction.

Going to say this . . . . see where our head coach said in the Savannah gathering that folks have to realize there are usually about 20-25 scholarships available most years. To that I say this . . . . appears the new coaching hires understand that and have done more to get the best 20-25 young men that the State of Georgia has to offer. Win, lose or draw, recruiting has changed and changed for the better in my opinion.

Really looking forward to Rashad Roundtree's efforts for the Red and Black. Mentioned a while back that he reminds me of that "Davis Dude" that played for Georgia and now the Carolina Panthers. His hits/tackles have a way of saying to the player(s) he brings down . . . . Don't really want you in "my area". Believe he and Natrez are going to log a lot of hours between the Hedges . . . . that is a very good thing.

Depth yankeedawg1 . . . . once only talked about on this board, things appear to have changed, big time. End with this . . . . this years middle linebackers are going to be talked about for a long time to come.

The following user(s) said Thank You: ogredawg

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 5 days ago #67387 by rockdawg
Replied by rockdawg on topic Recruits/Recruiting Thread
Buc,

Rashad Roundtree is also a great kid. Mature, good student, and great personality.

After all the thugs we endured for a while, I think this has become more important to the coaches. There are great players out there who are also great human beings. I'm glad we're getting some. This is one area that the CMR factor helps in recruiting - the parents place more trust in someone like him than they might in some other coaches.

I don't know if he will make an immediate impact, but RR is going to end up being one of the greats in Athens.

Anyone heard any rumors of Smith moving to DB? I have not... just curious.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
9 years 5 days ago - 9 years 5 days ago #67388 by Buc
rockdawg, with the addition of the new coaches, it is easy enough to figure out that what has been going on in the recent past is no longer permitted.

Am I foolish enough to think that there won't be problems, nope.

One thing that I do understand about young men playing college football, especially D1 football. Finally, Georgia is sure enough of itself that no longer do we have to "overlook" some things that were "handled differently" not that long ago.

I know some think that I am too much on the side of Pruitt and Company. Like you and some others here, I want the best for these young pups, and that is exactly what they are, young pups.

Appears that we are getting closer to being a "solid D1 team". You and I along with many others here know just how much "mutual respect" means between player and those that coach them.

rockdawg, don't want to lose it over Roquan Smith, but when I look at his tape(s) . . . . no way does he not play between the Hedges . . . . right away. The Good Lord blessed him with talent, now he gets to practice with those that have learned the lessons presented by Pruitt and Company, will find he also needs to adjust.

Players like Rashad Roundtree will be in his corner or dorm room, there is something different going on in the Classic City. Players believe, good things happen.

One more thing . . . . starting to be impressed with Rob Sales. I make no bones about believing in "offensive lines". Lines that Coach Will Friend brought to Athens through hard work and I will never forget this . . . . Coach Will Friend returned to be with his players for the Belk Bowl.

I remember a defensive coach that departed soon after the JAX game and finding what he believed to be "fame and fortune" in Louisville. Still have problems mentioning his name.

Thanks for the update on Roundtree. There will be those that will follow him. Seems to me that the fence is getting tighter /higher around the State of Georgia.

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 5 days ago #67389 by Buc
You folks "knew" that I would have more to say. Can't help it. Certain things that we give up as we get older, one however for me is not UGA Football. Get pp'd sometimes, but like you, I am in for the long haul. Gives me something to "squawk" about both pro and con.

Went back again as I remembered something else that ogredawg had said a long time back.

ogredawg and I both have South Georgia Roots, and we are proud of it.

For too long ogredawg and I watched talent like we see now choosing Georgia, moving to Tallahassee, especially South Georgia talent.

Yes, I have the posts.

Will make this quick . . . . maybe. :)

Jimbo Fisher knew what needed to be done. He did it and was rewarded with a National Championship. One thing that Jimbo Fisher knew was this . . . . the "old way" had to be "reworked". He did that, and he did it with several "hirings" and also "releases" to get FSU back to pay dirt. If Bobby Bowden had been allowed to remain as head coach, things would not look the same in Seminole Country today. Never forget, Steve Spurrier had Bobby Bowden's number, and of course SS let BB know that.

Have some friends that are big time supporters of FSU, insurance type folks if you get my drift. They sit and enjoy football without worrying about urinals overflowing, they don't pp in troughs. Maybe should not have said that, but you know me.

Has Mark Richt recognized what needs to be done in Athens? That my friends has to be answered by everyone that claims to be "deeply involved" with the Red and Black. One thing I do know . . . . there are different "layers" of those that claim to be invested in Georgia Football. Over a period of time, it is easy to recognize the "different layers". Not being ugly, just know who I am and where I want "our" program to go.

DAWGtm, you doing OK? :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: ogredawg, yankeedawg1, DAWGtm

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 5 days ago #67390 by DAWGtm
Replied by DAWGtm on topic Recruits/Recruiting Thread
Doing good Buc. Just enjoy reading your thoughts. Did see where CMR is on the advisory board only coach there. Ticks dug in a little deeper on the Dawgs back not going anywhere soon so I hope he has changed his way of thinking. Do like the coaches he has surrounded himself with also is it me or do we have a lot more "quality control " personal more of the influence of the younger coaches so maybe he is listening. Let's hope he has someone in his ear to help call plays in critical situations.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
Time to create page: 0.071 seconds