Forum

G Day Game

9 years 1 week ago #67296 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic G Day Game
Hopefully you won't take as long as it took McArthur to get back too the Phillipines. ..Buc...Lol

Get hungry. .... BPS this week is super sized.... Gabby Hayes rides again....

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 week ago #67297 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic G Day Game
yankeedawg1, you do read "between the lines, Sir".

Gabby Hayes was a childhood "hoot". Would shimmy up to the cashier and lay my 10 cents in the window and watch Roy Rogers, Dale Evans, Gabby Hayes and Pat Brady. What a team.

yd1, still a few things that I need to sort out.

As close as I can come to answers, rather than questions . . . . I sincerely hope that we have seen a "different" Mark Richt emerge. Take the pats on the back, comes with being the "leader"? That applies to many, not only in the football world. Richt needs to sit down in front of a mirror and ask himself this question . . . . "Do I believe that the same rules apply to football in 2015 as they did in 2001"?

If his answer is yes, then he needs to be removed. Bought out, thanks and goodbye.

If his answer is no, then admit that the ship was sinking. Some outsiders with a better understanding of SEC football, several recently coaching high school, penetrated what some consider to be and using an old term . . . . "stubborn as a Jackass".

Usually successful folks whether in sports or in the business world, quick to catch on to good hiring practices. Up until 2014, Mark Richt failed half of his time as head coach in Athens. My opinion and I believe it is justified until "shown differently". Ratings that I have seen from those outside the loop . . . . Mark Richt is locked in somewhere close to the 5th best coach in the SEC. Maybe "they" are right. Last SEC Championship? Guess we don't have "talent equal to other SEC football teams. Anyone that believe that last statement is true, take a little time and check the players that have worn the Red and Black and where they finished in the SEC. Then check the number of players from the group mentioned that have gone on to play in the NFL. Maybe that was AM's reasoning. Needed outside coaching help while in college to get drafted.

Makes sense to me.

"Happy Trails To You, Until We Meet Again" . . . .
The following user(s) said Thank You: DAWGtm

More
9 years 1 week ago - 9 years 1 week ago #67298 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic G Day Game
Find the article below interesting. I have harped about the Columbus, Georgia denial since it was announced. Until today, did not seem to garner much attention from the beat reporters. More public relations work being fed to the fans from those in charge. Richt not there last year, this year zero coaches, not a scheduled stop on the busy schedule of Mark Richt.

Found interesting that Pruitt was there last year. One of the comments below mentions that there was "red meat" coming from Pruitt. Pruitt talks football, Richt, not sure, I get lost when he speaks.

Columbus did not fit into the 4 million dollar Richt schedule. Not a bright move by our head coach and those that try to cover for him. Auburn loves our head coach and his tactics.

www.ledger-enquirer.com/2015/04/16/36728...f-revamped.html?rh=1

More
9 years 1 week ago #67299 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic G Day Game
I can see with attendance dropping under 100 that Columbus or any other city with declining

Numbers would get cut. Follow the money....havr experience with scheduling events and working

The logistics out of were you get your best bang.....not easy much like the player cut list after

Tryouts.... money says CJP or CBS sees a player from the Columbus area. The dog and pony show

Will be sitting in that recruits living room....CMR...iincluded

Many winter Saturdays with several feet of snow on the ground with more falling

Double feature matinée.. Gene Aurty. ..Hoppy...Cisco Kid...Lone Ranger. Coke and bag of popcorn

20 cents....... Hail to the Horse Opera....... Go Dawgs b

Go Dawgs!

More
9 years 1 week ago #67304 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic G Day Game
Grrrrrrrr....

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.

• stevedawg
  • stevedawg's Avatar Topic Author
  • DAWGS.com moderator
Time to create page: 0.058 seconds