Forum

Anyone Hearing,....

9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #65356 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic On the Topic of Transfers,....

Wartdawg wrote:

Buc wrote:
Anyone ever notice in Richt's pressers that he is "never" asked the tough questions. Reminds me of other press conferences for politicians . . . . those that ask the questions understand that a "return engagement" for them has to be along the "party line".

Politicians use plants in the room to offer up only soft-toss questions.

Richt doesn't have to use plants because he has the AJC and WSB reporters.

One of the best posts I have read in some time. Truth. As did VD. Fact.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 4 months ago #65358 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic On the Topic of Transfers,....
Our roster is a top 4 playoff team in and of itself.

They are coached down to 10th in the country.

PVBDAWG
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #65359 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Anyone Hearing,....
Steve you were around much of what you posted above in earlier years.

You made the following comment Thank God for the Internet or all we would be consuming is PR drool. and if anyone pays attention, the coaches that say they never read anything on the internet . . . . truly they think that we don't "understand" what goes on in the "arena".

How many that post and read here (there are many that read) would like to make 1, 2, 3 hundred thousand dollars a year, for years? Then what about 3.5 million a year and hoping to finish in the top ten in college football with top five talent. Not just this year, check the 3.5 million being paid yearly and look at the talent that arrived in Athens after the 3.5 million guarantee was made.

Just how clear does it have to be to the "worshippers" that it "is" about the money. Do these coaches not understand that those of us that were supposedly "never in the arena" have watched the "controlled pillage" that has and is going on in college football? Yes pillage, controlled pillage, not wartime pillage. More and more the distance/gap between coaches and fans/supporters widens. Support that with this . . . . Would anyone disagree in the past few years that more and more Georgia fans are speaking out against those that are "still" in control?

Can remember on this board when the support of the current regime was a positive on Mark Richt. I was one of those, and there are many here now that have been for a long time that were.

At some point the "light has to come on" or . . . . we can hope to continue to finish in the top ten with top five talent as expressed by our head coach. Fact, Jack.

Edit . . . . Vegas numbers at this point. Numbers worth watching, won't remain the same.

Belk Bowl: LOUISVILLE vs. GEORGIA (-7.5)
Over/under: 59.5

More
9 years 4 months ago #65360 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic Anyone Hearing,....
More drivel from Mr.SEC

Mark Richt, Georgia (9-3, 6-2)

B / Slightly Below Expectations

Georgia was expected to battle South Carolina for the East Division championship. Instead, the Dawgs wound up battling Missouri, a team they ripped 34-zip head to head in Columbia. The problem was UGA's loss in the league's other Columbia... to South Carolina. Toss in a pair of first-in-a-while losses to rivals Florida and Georgia Tech and you have a Bulldog team that underwhelmed its fan base. This wasn't Mark Richt's best work and the loss to Tech at year's end punctuated that fact. But it's hard to grade him down too much over a 9-3 season in which he almost got his team back to the SEC title game.

Season High: Things were looking up when the Dawgs' poleaxed Auburn 34-7 in November.

Season Low: The Georgia Tech loss hurt, but losing by 18 to a Florida team that didn't even have to throw the ball was the bigger flub.

thecountrynation.com

More
9 years 4 months ago #65361 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Anyone Hearing,....

Buc wrote: truly they think that we don't "understand" what goes on in the "arena".

They are right to a large degree.

There are a lot of people commenting who have never played the game in any organized manner.

There are a lot of people who have never played any competitive sport at any level past the age of 10 that like to spew nonsense out of their pie-holes.

There are lots of people making comments about Richt that have never coached anything or been in charge of any sort of team.

There are plenty who think they "know" when they really don't at all.

Here's where they get it wrong though...

Those people are called "RICHT APOLOGISTS"

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

More
9 years 4 months ago #65362 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Anyone Hearing,....
ogredawg, moved away from reading the Mr. SEC site long time back. You posting their nonsense reminds me why I don't go there. Thanks, know the reason you placed it here, I certainly get the point my friend.

On occasion Wartdawg, will be in a group conversation and it is not hard to "sort" the types out that you mention in your post. Sometimes I "casually" ask a specific football question just to get the deer in the headlights look from those that try and bark the loudest. Love the "looks". Sometimes I like being "ugly" in a subtle way, using indirect methods to achieve something or prove someone is a zero. :whistle:

More
Time to create page: 0.059 seconds