Forum

Anyone Hearing,....

9 years 4 months ago #65347 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic On the Topic of Transfers,....

sadlerdawg wrote:

Buc wrote:
"We have a chance to finish in the top 10 in the country, which is where I think a lot of people would like to be," said Richt, now in his 14th season at Georgia.

Well, guys, at least we now have our season goals clearly laid out for us. If I understand correctly, since richt considers this a successful campaign, the goal each year is to lose to at least two teams we should not lose to, hope that alot of the good teams lose 2-3 games to help our ranking, hope that a team we beat loses so we can back into the conference championship, when that doesn't happen secure a 3rd tier (at best) bowl bid so that we can play for a chance to be in the top 10, which is where alot of other teams would like to be. K, got it.

And here we thought the goal was to win our conference and be in the mix for a NC. Silly us.

sadlerdawg, have to say this.

Head coach still does not understand the simple rule he should follow . . . . keep your mouth shut. What comes out explains why you make the calls like fourth down pooch kicks.

Anyone ever notice in Richt's pressers that he is "never" asked the tough questions. Reminds me of other press conferences for politicians . . . . those that ask the questions understand that a "return engagement" for them has to be along the "party line".

Beginning to believe that some have awoken to the M&M, Disney, ESPN "stuff" that was presented on this board, not others, and now we are beginning to see just how far advanced this board is compared to most. I said that.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 4 months ago #65349 by NC_Dawg
Replied by NC_Dawg on topic Nothing more than,....

sadlerdawg wrote:

Buc wrote:
"We have a chance to finish in the top 10 in the country, which is where I think a lot of people would like to be," said Richt, now in his 14th season at Georgia.

Well, guys, at least we now have our season goals clearly laid out for us. If I understand correctly, since richt considers this a successful campaign, the goal each year is to lose to at least two teams we should not lose to, hope that alot of the good teams lose 2-3 games to help our ranking, hope that a team we beat loses so we can back into the conference championship, when that doesn't happen secure a 3rd tier (at best) bowl bid so that we can play for a chance to be in the top 10, which is where alot of other teams would like to be. K, got it.

And here we thought the goal was to win our conference and be in the mix for a NC. Silly us.

Captain Christian standing before his congregation of doe-eyed presenting them with the hope than springs eternal from his leadership! While the awaken will see these words as justification for his continued mediocrity, the remaining majority will get all warm and fuzzy, cuz we are #THIS close!!!

Buc, gotta disagree with you on, "Head coach still does not understand the simple rule he should follow . . . . keep your mouth shut." I believe he knows EXACTLY what he is doing when he makes remarks like this. It's a cultish environment and we are the rogue former members who've escaped the "arena"!

"My advice to you is to start drinking heavily." - Bluto
The following user(s) said Thank You: ogredawg

• NC_Dawg
  • NC_Dawg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 4 months ago #65350 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Nothing more than,....
NC_Dawg you make a very good point. Guess I should have been a bit more to the point . . . . Won't call him stoopid, maybe something along the lines of "slow". At some point even the "sheeples" will start to understand . . . . maybe not, "slow" seems to apply to all phases of of Richt's decision making, media barking.

This I know. Head coach removed JTII from the premises, more or less, and I know that the decision he is about to make will improve next seasons record. Not making the final four or a major bowl, JTII's fault. If that is the case, wonder why JTII was taken out of the film room and promoted to head the S&C operation. Another head coaching miscue?

Both on and off the field, can anyone explain to this old fart why this (will be nice) head coach rakes in the salary he now has? Seems to me that the "Empire" is again going to have to step up and save our leader from himself. Heavy hitters, on the way, don't doubt that.

More
9 years 4 months ago #65351 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic On the Topic of Transfers,....

Buc wrote:
Anyone ever notice in Richt's pressers that he is "never" asked the tough questions. Reminds me of other press conferences for politicians . . . . those that ask the questions understand that a "return engagement" for them has to be along the "party line".

Politicians use plants in the room to offer up only soft-toss questions.

Richt doesn't have to use plants because he has the AJC and WSB reporters.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg

More
9 years 4 months ago #65353 by dawgs_fans_dad
Replied by dawgs_fans_dad on topic On the Topic of Transfers,....

Wartdawg wrote:

Buc wrote: "We have a chance to finish in the top 10 in the country, which is where I think a lot of people would like to be," said Richt, now in his 14th season at Georgia.

Where a lot of people would like to be, amazing. The BS never ends. If you are reading this board, let that statement "sink in" . . . . if you choose.

A lot of people, and he is referring to other universities and coaches. Other coaches would love to have the talent that "sits" on the Mark Richt bench.

I don't know about you guys, but I feel a heckuva lot better knowing we have "a chance" to finish 10th in the nation.

Yep Buc... a lot of others would love to have "a chance" to finish in the top 10..... and there are a lot of others that would already have that nailed down if they had our talent.

We have "a chance" to finish in the top 10... after what, the 60th+ rated difficulty of schedule that was faced by a team that almost every year has top 10 recruiting classes. I wonder if all those other coaches would have loved to have the chance to take what should have been an 11 win team and have them lose to 2 different .500 clubs.

C'mon, man, it's only been 14+ years.

I know basketball isn't football and I know this means I'm old, but Bob Knight was in the Final Four in his second year with the other guy's upper class men and his Freshmen. Had the best team in the country in his 4th year, had the best team in the country and won the NC in his 5th. And again in his 10th. And again in his 16th. And was competitive for the NC in several other years besides those.

Can't agree with EVERYTHING he did, but I don't think he ever said "We have a chance to finish in the Top Ten..."

Just saying...
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg

More
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #65355 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic Anyone Hearing,....
BUC Wrote: "Anyone ever notice in Richt's pressers that he is "never" asked the tough questions. Reminds me of other press conferences for politicians . . . . those that ask the questions understand that a "return engagement" for them has to be along the "party line"."

It appears that anyone at HC position and above has handlers because everything that is said seems to be calculated.
Public relations (PR) people love to control the news cycle. The HC press conference starts a big news cycle that carries the Sunday news and spreads on into the week.. You can count on M%M for continuity of this and the long term revenue plan. PR, ad and news coordination is their forte.
A lot of news these days is just that... PR news cycles. Filter those out and the news is what is left. I guess that's why I get news these days from anywhere exept ajc, img and other similar operations.
Thank God for the Internet or all we would be consuming is PR drool.
Done here. Rant over.
Go Dawgs!!!

Added later: Does anyone think there is a HC that tells the PR people to shut up and just tells it like it is at a press conference?

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.

Time to create page: 0.097 seconds