Forum

Thoughts..

9 years 4 months ago #65100 by NC_Dawg
Replied by NC_Dawg on topic Thoughts..
One has to wonder if CJP has a plan in mind for next year, to include 2015 recruits....?

Not about to begin the search for my rose colored glasses; I think I gave them to the Salvation Army.....see what I did there,....seems like he's gonna have a blank slate to work with....?

"My advice to you is to start drinking heavily." - Bluto

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 4 months ago #65101 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Thoughts..

Buc wrote: Read elsewhere that Nick Saban uses the "grayshirt" method of moving his team forward.

Thinking about that, wondered just how accurate the statement is. Accepting it as fact, my curiosity is really aroused. Why would Nick Saban and crew be able to secure top recruiting classes year after year if "grayshirting" is so prevalent? As Wardawg says, these are roughly 19 year olds, anyone with football knowledge can concede that they are impressionable, and vulnerable.

Well a couple of things...

Many people decry Saban for grayshirting, but many, many schools do it. Plus Saban claims he is up front with the
kids about it, and if they don't mind it then what is the problem? It is not illegal and it violates no NCAA rules.
It's just a kid putting off enrolling in school until spring so his scholarship and eligibility don't kick in
until the next year.

I don't really see a problem with it at all as long as you are up front with the kid that grayshirting is what you
plan on doing. It's a helluva lot smarter than under-recruiting or sitting on some moral high horse and refusing to do it thinking you are adding to the universities moral fiber or some such nonsense. If you are up front with the kid, and the kid doesn't mind not enrolling in school until the following spring, then so be it. My only issue is we have one of those moral high-horse coaches that would rather under recruit than to do something as morally reprehensible as having a freshman not enroll in school until the following spring. I know that sort of heinous act really destroys kids <eyeroll>.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

More
9 years 4 months ago #65102 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Thoughts..

Wartdawg wrote: Well I agree with that and don't dispute it at all.

Not arguing that point.

Just saying.. had he been placed at DB and left there he might have been a solid contributor who
isn't leaving to go elsewhere. He did what was asked, and played very well at RB despite our opinion, but then
got shipped back to D and no playing time.

Agree, very unselfish player, respect that.

Bottom line for me though is if JJ wants to only play RB, he would be better served at a smaller school....not a SEC back imo.

PVBDAWG

More
9 years 4 months ago #65103 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Thoughts..

wlayton wrote:

Agree, very unselfish player, respect that.

Bottom line for me though is if JJ wants to only play RB, he would be better served at a smaller school....not a SEC back imo.

No disagreement there.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

More
9 years 4 months ago #65104 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Thoughts..

NC_Dawg wrote: One has to wonder if CJP has a plan in mind for next year, to include 2015 recruits....?

Not about to begin the search for my rose colored glasses; I think I gave them to the Salvation Army.....see what I did there,....seems like he's gonna have a blank slate to work with....?

Have wondered the same as above.

It will be interesting to see how Pruitt handles the remaining and incoming group, especially in the defensive backfield.

Having thoughts about the defensive line also. I believe when John Taylor messed up, it had a lot to do with our lack of stopping the run. Almost to a man those on the defensive side of the ball, players and coaches alike said Taylor was a man among boys. Will probably play for Muschamp at Auburn.

Beginning to get nervous about Terry Godwin. Alabama needs to fill a large hole on their offensive side, Godwin would be a good place to start at wide receiver. Have to say this, another player that UGA apparently is undecided about, offense or defense. Surprise, surprise. Thoughts of JJ and Langley and others that have made their way through this coaching staff.

Example of telling it like it is . . . . Nick Saban told Thomas the Tech quarterback that he would not play quarterback at Alabama. We seem to be unable to make good decisions . . . . all the way around, players and play calls.

Good post Wartdawg. Goes to show the difference between head coaches in the SEC. Does our head coach really and truly believe that he is that much of a force as a head football coach? Second question. Why?

More
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #65105 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Thoughts..
Even though our 2015 class is rated #2, with everyone we have lost and are losing CJP really has his hands FULL for next year.

New QB.....new leader at Center.....DB's

Next year looks bad to me.

PVBDAWG
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
Time to create page: 0.055 seconds