Forum

Thoughts..

9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #65088 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Thoughts..
Seems we had a short conversation in this thread about the "Group" breaking out the "stuff" . . . . correctly said from ogredawg . . . . BS.

Anyone cares enough to look, there are articles like the one ogredawg listed popping up all around the internet. Just the beginning, and as NC_Dawg labels our head coach "St. Richt", much more to come. It has become a hotter seat than before, it is the marketing group that is working the fire hose. Probably the "Group" will put the fire out, especially after the "LOI Party".

I think about this. Pruitt said that those earning playing time will play. I agree with that, not the way it was prior to his moving to Athens. Question in my mind is this . . . . Those being released with the exception I think of one, were recruited and signed prior to Pruitt coming on board. Speaking to the issue of defensive backs. Points in the direction of the head coach and his hires in my mind.

I will remember this and stick it in the vault . . . . Pruitt has already stepped on McGarity's toes. Pruitt has fire in his belly, will at some point in the near future be taken to task for his remarks about the Indoor Facility.

What we are seeing now is a shifting of the "blame". Trying to move the "stoopid" game time calls to other so called problems, giving our head coach some breathing room. If the player dismissals stop, look for more coaching changes. The "Group" absolutely will not consider Mark Richt being replaced.

Again we see changes in the S&C area. What seems to be the problem there? Have time, read the article below and check the salaries other S&C coaches are making. Again McGarity and his tight fisted ways show their ugly head. Said before, say again, firm believer in supporting the Golden Goose. Not only is our head coach firmly situated in Athens, McGarity is also.

We are told that we are making changes for the betterment of the team. BS, it is called CYA. Seems to happen quite often under this head coach and athletic director.

espn.go.com/colleges/georgia/football/st...h-conditioning-staff

Anyone remember this coach? Dave Van Halanger. Another Richt friend that a job was created for after his removal from S&C. Bobby Bowden mistakes being duplicated in Athens.

One more question. What has McGarity really accomplished since arriving in Athens?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 4 months ago #65089 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic Thoughts..
Buc you come up with some jewels..."the marketing group that is working the fire hose" (lol at the phrase)
So true. ING is driving the ship. $$ is motivation. Outside investors are the beneficiaries. Fans are just part of the show. MR is a brand.
Maybe next year they will provide him with a game play sheet and a script for after game press talks. :whistle:

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

9 years 4 months ago #65090 by Buc

stevedawg wrote: Buc you come up with some jewels..."the marketing group that is working the fire hose" (lol at the phrase)
So true. ING is driving the ship. $$ is motivation. Outside investors are the beneficiaries. Fans are just part of the show. MR is a brand.
Maybe next year they will provide him with a game play sheet and a script for after game press talks. :whistle:

Steve as you well know, IMG has long roots, much like "crab grass", almost impossible to stop. Don't mean to be ugly, it is however hard for many that really love UGA Football to see what has happened and sadly is just the beginning. Head coach is bad, Athletic Director is awful.

More
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #65091 by Buc
This paragraph lifted from the above posted link.

"I just think it's the approach," McGarity said. "I think it's having a leader in place that -- [Tereshinski] mentioned this to me, and I said, 'Go for it. It's your department to run. You've got to run it. I trust you to run that department. Mark trusts you to run that department. You make the decisions, and you have to deal with all the elements that are in that program. I'm not in there with you every day. It's got to be a group that you get along with and that challenge not only you as a coach but the student-athletes also.' "

Talking down to underpaid coaches. By the way McGarity/Richt, how is that raise coming along for McClendon. Have to mention his name on occasion or the "Group" will let it pass on, stay as is. Dare I ask when the "Group" with McGarity as its speaker will come out with the long awaited news on the Indoor Facility. McGarity, you are a perfect fit for Mahogany Row in Athens.

Amazing how quickly this salary "thingy" got shoved to the front of the line so quickly

Georgia athletic director Greg McGarity received a two-year contract extension Thursday that will run through December 2017. McGarity, who was hired in September 2010, is getting a $40,000 raise to bring his annual salary to $500,000 effective July 1.

Ask the question again. What has McGarity done to improve sports in Athens? Has the football team moved forward under his leadership? How does a 9 win season sound at this point. Lost to South Carolina, Florida, Georgia Tech. Improvement? What the hell, release JTII.

More
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #65092 by Buc
Probably most have read the article below. Often find myself going back just to make sure that what is being said is factual.

From the article this paragraph is lifted. Takes time to get the Indoor Facility moving forward, did not take long for McGarity to get his raise. Folks, they love our money in Athens.

"We're moving as quickly as possible," McGarity said Tuesday night. "But it's impossible to be ready by 2015. There's just so much to do."

www.macon.com/2014/11/18/3431474_pruitt-...99/160/166/823/&rh=1

At some point the following statement will probably cost Ekeler his job in Athens. Not a doubt in my mind that he is on McGarity's "hit list".

"We need one. I mean it's crazy, it's amazing we don't have one," Ekeler said. "It's absolutely crazy. It's absurd. But that's not my (decision). But I'm sure that will happen, surely."

Comments like the one from Ekeler are allowed to die. Folks forget, plays right into the hands of the "Group". Reason that I keep a vault.

Edit: This was left out of many articles written on the subject of an Indoor Facility. Some have to tread lightly, not many like Ekeler that call it like it is.

“They got it done in seven months at Florida State,” said Pruitt, defensive coordinator for the 2013 season there. “The first day I took the job on Jan. 7, they broke ground and it was done the first day of practice.”

That’s not expected to happen at Georgia by next season.

McGarity said Tuesday night that the school recently selected an architect.

“That’s the first part of the process,” he said. “It’s just impossible for it to be done next year. We’re not sure how long it’s going to take. We don’t know where it’s going. We don’t know how long it will take. …All we know is we’re moving forward as quickly as possible.”

More
9 years 4 months ago #65093 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic Thoughts..
Ya think maybe the AD and HC are just actors in a badly scripted play? Or a script intend to maximize profit? Or something?

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.

Time to create page: 0.068 seconds