Forum

Thoughts..

9 years 4 months ago #65046 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic Gotta Agree With DFD,...

NC_Dawg wrote: The Thomas Brown rant was wayyyyyy over the top! I'm not exactly certain if TB trolls Dawgs.com, or if Scooby actually replied to his blog, nonetheless Scooby is entitled to his opinion and the hate filled vulgarity wasn't necessary. I've read several of Mr. Browns blog entries and while much of the content is fact based and interesting, his delivery and constant reference to conspiratorial powers railing against him are bewildering and often take away from his intended point.

Mr. Brown, if you frequent Dawgs.com, you know that there are many, herein, that agree with much of what you say, but we engage each other like adults. Playground retorts, laced with personal attacks are a disservice. Fell free to join the discussion Mr. Brown.

Just my .02!!!

Mr Brown is entitled to his opinion just like Scooby is entitled to his...over the top or not he is passionate about UGA...

thecountrynation.com

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 4 months ago #65047 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic They (Nebraska) likely don't,....

dawgs_fans_dad wrote:

Wartdawg wrote: Let's be honest here.

As much as we all might want to dog Hutson Mason, this team with him at the helm should not have lost the 3 games we lost.

Not a one of them. All of them could have been UGA victories even with Mason at QB... every single one of them. The SC loss was because we got trucked on defense and because we didn't hand the ball to Todd Gurley. The Florida loss... we got beat every way someone can be beat... our players said we did not prepare and took them lightly. Then we all saw the bone-headed call made by RICHT after Mason led the team to the go ahead TD with less than 20 seconds left.

So yes... Mason isn't great by any means. He probably isn't the best QB on our team, but we lost 3 games this year we should have won even with him under center.

Period.

Pretty sure none of us knows if he was the best quarterback on the team, unless someone on this board was at practice every day. He was #12 in the country in QBR, #8 in the country in completion %. He had 20 TDs and 4 interceptions and as bad as that last interception was, it was a play that never should have happened. Without an epic coach's blunder he's at 20 and 3 and his last pass in Sanford is the game winner against GT.

I heard the comparisons to Joe Cox, so I went ahead and checked his stats the year he started.
Not. Even. Close.

OK, now I'm out. This loss has really put people over the edge and when you start attacking people the way Scooby was attacked, then it's just absurd and Thomas Brown needs to check himself.

Good luck in the bowl game! I'll be watching. If it's the Peach Bowl, I'll be there!

Well you're right... Mason may be the best we had.. maybe not. If you check back on all of my posts you will see I mostly supported Hutson and often said he was much better than Cox.

What I did with that post was again say regardless of what anyone thinks about Mason, we still should have won the games we lost.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, dawgs_fans_dad

More
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #65049 by NC_Dawg
Replied by NC_Dawg on topic Gotta Agree With DFD,...

ogredawg wrote: ....Mr Brown is entitled to his opinion just like Scooby is entitled to his...over the top or not he is passionate about UGA...

Of course he is, but you missed the point! TB used a discussion on this forum to blog a hate filled retort from the comfort and security of his blog!....This is a Faux News tactic that lacks integrity. If TB wants to disagree and take issue with a member of this forum, he should "man-up" and do it here.

No one doubts his passion, we all are passionate fans. It's the personal attacks and vulgarity that I take issue with. FTR: I've been a member of this site since the late 90's, I've defended and will continue to defend its members against unwarranted attacks....and Steve and I both remember the early days of foriegn conference invaders!! We may disagree, my friend, but I nonetheless have your back too!

GO DAWGS!!!!

"My advice to you is to start drinking heavily." - Bluto
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, yankeedawg1, DAWGtm, dawgs_fans_dad

More
9 years 4 months ago #65050 by dawgs_fans_dad
Replied by dawgs_fans_dad on topic They (Nebraska) likely don't,....

Wartdawg wrote:

dawgs_fans_dad wrote:

As much as we all might want to dog Hutson Mason, this team with him at the helm should not have lost the 3 games we lost.

Not a one of them. All of them could have been UGA victories even with Mason at QB... every single one of them. The SC loss was because we got trucked on defense and because we didn't hand the ball to Todd Gurley. The Florida loss... we got beat every way someone can be beat... our players said we did not prepare and took them lightly. Then we all saw the bone-headed call made by RICHT after Mason led the team to the go ahead TD with less than 20 seconds left.

So yes... Mason isn't great by any means. He probably isn't the best QB on our team, but we lost 3 games this year we should have won even with him under center.

Period.

Pretty sure none of us knows if he was the best quarterback on the team, unless someone on this board was at practice every day. He was #12 in the country in QBR, #8 in the country in completion %. He had 20 TDs and 4 interceptions and as bad as that last interception was, it was a play that never should have happened. Without an epic coach's blunder he's at 20 and 3 and his last pass in Sanford is the game winner against GT.

I heard the comparisons to Joe Cox, so I went ahead and checked his stats the year he started.
Not. Even. Close.

OK, now I'm out. This loss has really put people over the edge and when you start attacking people the way Scooby was attacked, then it's just absurd and Thomas Brown needs to check himself.

Good luck in the bowl game! I'll be watching. If it's the Peach Bowl, I'll be there!

Well you're right... Mason may be the best we had.. maybe not. If you check back on all of my posts you will see I mostly supported Hutson and often said he was much better than Cox.

What I did with that post was again say regardless of what anyone thinks about Mason, we still should have won the games we lost.

True enough. It was more of a general reaction to the Mason = Cox = Tereshinski theme that we heard BEFORE THE FIRST SNAP this year and really raised its head again after the OT pick Saturday.

More
9 years 4 months ago #65057 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic They (Nebraska) likely don't,....

dawgs_fans_dad wrote:

Period.

Not. Even. Close.

Hey, don't check out. Really enjoy your posts mainly because I always agree with them. Hang around, I enjoy reading your thoughts. ;)

PVBDAWG

More
9 years 4 months ago #65058 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Thoughts..

gillette wrote: Folks, I live in an area filled with fans of many teams. They are fans of GT, USC, Clemson, UT, UF, to name a few. I feel like I live in the melting pot of college football fans.
The one constant question I’m asked this time of year by every single one of them is “Why can’t Georgia reach the next level with the amazing talent they have year after year?

My first response is we have a coach that has a main priority of being a mentor to the kids he “coaches”.

His entire tenure at UGA has been one long mission trip to help those boys calibrate their lives to be a responsible adult “AFTER” football. Keyword here is “AFTER”. Some of the best “ATHLETES” Georgia has had failed to make it through that mentorship and we all know those who have failed and we all know a few that made it through.

My thing is that I have no problem with a great man such as Mark Richt mentoring young men into being a great man and being a responsible adult and having faith in God. In fact, I encourage ANYONE who has that unique ability to do so and do it often.

However, there’s a line here the “higher-ups” at UGA seem to ignore. That line is winning and losing when you have the talent to win consistently every year. It’s a line where you put more importance on beating the USCs and the UFs and the GTs every year with no exception. It’s the job he was hired to do. If UGA wants a mentor to do this, hire one and I will support that in every way I can.

That line is one Mark Richt will never, EVER cross. SO, all we can hope for is he’ll hang it up all on his own and start a youth ministry somewhere where he will not be judged as a coach but judged as a “difference maker” off of the football field. I have no doubt he’d do a fantastic job in doing just that and making a difference in the kids he comes in contact with and society. We all know this country needs it badly. But this Godly service doesn’t need to bring Georgia Football to a 2nd tier team in the SEC at the same time. Or does it? Can both objectives be achieved?

I think his record on both sides of the issue speaks for itself. He can’t do both and someone needs to sit him down and have that conversation. The sooner the better.

There are my thoughts.

Sorry I haven’t had the time to participate more than I have this year. “Maybe next year” I will be able to do that.

You know, imo I believe both CAN be done.....I just don't think CMR can do it.

PVBDAWG
The following user(s) said Thank You: gillette

More
Time to create page: 0.099 seconds