Forum

Thoughts..

9 years 4 months ago #65094 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Thoughts..

ogredawg wrote:

and I think we’re getting our players to buy in 100 percent, and when we keep doing that and keep recruiting like we are, great things are gonna happen.”

Found the above interesting in Buc's quote of CMR about the players buying in 100% and keeping the status quo.

well..........I guess JJ Green and Brandon Langley did not get that memo....2 young men pulled 3 or 4 different ways by the HC, OC and DC...they deserved better from the 3 stooges of UGA coaching....how many more are NOT going to "buy in" and leave and how many of the commits are going to cash it in and NOT "buy in"...

I am sure this is not over by any means...one word

STOOOPID

I understand JJ wanting to leave if he wants to play RB...he certainly doesn't see playing time on that side of the ball with the RB's we have in Athens and quite frankly, I don't want to rely on smaller backs in this league. He played as much CB in HS as RB and I thought he was doing a good job on D when healthy. In the SEC, he is probably better suited at CB.

He'll play at a smaller school if he pursues RB position imo.

PVBDAWG

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 4 months ago #65095 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Thoughts..
Watched JJ make good gains, good moves, and for sure is not afraid.

This coaching staff went to great effort to sign JJ.

At this point in time, this coaching staff does not have much needed answers, not sure they know where to find them. Head coach has said more than once that we are heading in the "right direction". Following script as Steve mentions.

Sad story line . . . . Seems the players are willing to do anything asked of them. Head coach still using the term, "moving in the right direction".

2016, eh. :whistle:

More
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #65096 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Thoughts..

wlayton wrote: I understand JJ wanting to leave if he wants to play RB...he certainly doesn't see playing time on that side of the ball with the RB's we have in Athens and quite frankly, I don't want to rely on smaller backs in this league. He played as much CB in HS as RB and I thought he was doing a good job on D when healthy. In the SEC, he is probably better suited at CB.

The one thing we don't know is how the moving back and forth might have affected his thinking.

Had he been recruited to play DB here and then been allowed to concentrate on that one area... he might gotten a lot more PT. Had he been receiving significant playing time in the defensive backfield, he may not have been as eager to move on somewhere else to play RB. He also did perform really well when given the chance at RB despite his size. He could have been a role RB. Sure he's not going to supplant a Chubb type player, but I don't know that he was demanding to be a starter getting 25 carries a game. I'm just going to go back again to the way we played musical chairs with what position we wanted him to play. He may have thought "you know, I did well enough to have been a part of that backfield... especially when Michel and Marshall were out, and Gurley was suspended". Unfortunately that was when the music had stopped while he was over on the D's side of the practice field.

There are a lot of variables going on regarding what and why and how that affects the thinking of a 19 year old kid.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

More
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #65097 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Thoughts..

Wartdawg wrote:

wlayton wrote: I understand JJ wanting to leave if he wants to play RB...he certainly doesn't see playing time on that side of the ball with the RB's we have in Athens and quite frankly, I don't want to rely on smaller backs in this league. He played as much CB in HS as RB and I thought he was doing a good job on D when healthy. In the SEC, he is probably better suited at CB.

The one thing we don't know is how the moving back and forth might have affected his thinking.

Had he been recruited to play DB here and then been allowed to concentrate on that one area... he might gotten a lot more PT. Had he been receiving significant playing time in the defensive backfield, he may not have been as eager to move on somewhere else to play RB. He also did perform really well when given the chance at RB despite his size. He could have been a role RB. Sure he's not going to supplant a Chubb type player, but I don't know that he was demanding to be a starter getting 25 carries a game. I'm just going to go back again to the way we played musical chairs with what position we wanted him to play. He may have thought "you know, I did well enough to have been a part of that backfield... especially when Michel and Marshall were out, and Gurley was suspended". Unfortunately that was when the music had stopped while he was over on the D's side of the practice field.

There are a lot of variables going on regarding what and why and how that affects the thinking of a 19 year old kid.

Imo, he's better suited as a DB in this league.

PVBDAWG

More
9 years 4 months ago #65098 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Thoughts..
Well I agree with that and don't dispute it at all.

Not arguing that point.

Just saying.. had he been placed at DB and left there he might have been a solid contributor who
isn't leaving to go elsewhere. He did what was asked, and played very well at RB despite our opinion, but then
got shipped back to D and no playing time.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

More
9 years 4 months ago #65099 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Thoughts..
Read elsewhere that Nick Saban uses the "grayshirt" method of moving his team forward.

Thinking about that, wondered just how accurate the statement is. Accepting it as fact, my curiosity is really aroused. Why would Nick Saban and crew be able to secure top recruiting classes year after year if "grayshirting" is so prevalent? As Wardawg says, these are roughly 19 year olds, anyone with football knowledge can concede that they are impressionable, and vulnerable.

The other side of the coin . . . . the same young men can and do look at the situation around them. They also spend time "chatting" with each other about their college situations. Anyone think that JJ and others are not and have not done that?

I would answer the person that mentioned that elsewhere like this . . . . Sounds like another case of joining in and being a part of what has come out of Athens for far too long. Realize that many cannot get a grip on the fact that Alabama is in the Final Four with another victory this Saturday in Athens. We (UGA) will not be a part of that, again. If the Alabama program is breaking rules, remedy that through regulation.

Frankly speaking . . . . Talent galore in Athens, again. Come to the same conclusion that I have before . . . . lack of "Leadership", "Leadership" from the coaches, not the players.

Even if we get every player that says they will wear the Red and Black next season, we still have one very serious problem.

The Group is at this point, having been there before with coaching decisions. "This Too Shall Pass". It will, and that will happen as soon as February. Most of those that are disappointed now will be ready to go through the same in 2015. That is why some are pointing to 2016. That two years away thingy.

More
Time to create page: 0.122 seconds