Forum

Thoughts..

9 years 4 months ago #65006 by sadlerdawg
Replied by sadlerdawg on topic ZIPS IN THE WIRE !!!!!

Buc wrote: After reading your excellent post NC_Dawg, prompted me to enter the "vault" and pull this out of the hat. Sound a bit familiar? Maybe insert "Georgia" where "Nebraska" appears in the article.

sports.yahoo.com/news/why-nebraska-s-sur...191005106-ncaaf.html

I guess since Nebraska used to be a powerhouse, they have the right to expect to return to powerhouse status...but since UGA has never been one, our higher ups and the majority of the fan base must think we don't deserve to ever become one, even though the pieces to do just that have been there for more than a decade.

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: NC_Dawg, Buc, growl, Dawg With Style

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 4 months ago #65007 by NC_Dawg
Replied by NC_Dawg on topic ZIPS IN THE WIRE !!!!!
Fear of a fat account can be very compelling.....

"My advice to you is to start drinking heavily." - Bluto
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
9 years 4 months ago #65008 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Thoughts..

Wartdawg wrote: Just finished reading some Bradley garbage over at the AJC.

He spends the majority of the article explaining how the past 5 years of Richt is about the same as the 5 year record of Jim Donnan (and here I was making Bo Pelini comparisons.. My apologies to Bo for the insult)

Then he concludes the article by saying but with the way UGA recruits they can't afford to fire Richt as next year may finally be his and UGA's year.

Really??? REALLY???

Jeezshus H Christmas.... really?

Then he concludes the article by saying but with the way UGA recruits they can't afford to fire Richt as next year may finally be his and UGA's year.

How many years have we heard this song and dance. As has been said in this thread, will not change. Right after the LOI's are in, the "Marketing Group" . . . . one portion of the "Group" will come out on fire, screaming to the heavens that we now have just signed another top 5 class.

Another case of an AJC beat writer looking for "job protection" . . . . understanding UGA football fans be damned.

The press conference for our head coach was a prime time to get to the "real stuff". Writers don't pursue soon after the head coach breaks into the middle of a question. How can he do that we ask . . . . been doing it for many years.

Looking around at length, it is going to be a "little" different than some years past, even as bad as the "game winning call by our head coach" . . . . couple of sites that have been around for a while are saying things that have not been said before.

Much like sadlerdawg and others have said, all will be forgiven before the 2015 Season, yep the 2015 Season starting with a quarterback that rode the pines this season for the most part.

Sorry, Mark Richt has no fire in his belly. Watched Pinkel on the sidelines against Arkansas, that is a football coach. Not many 4 and 5 star athletes, those that the beat writers place in that area. Pinkel like many coaches and teams that we play (Georgia Tech) don't get the same athletes that we do.

The term coach'em up is not understood by Mark Richt, Saturday against Tech between the Hedges proves the point again. Not the first time, not the last time as has been said in this thread, same will happen every year he remains as head coach, which is far longer than some might think.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg

More
9 years 4 months ago #65009 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic Thoughts..
If I were CEO of the team I would do a management change. Management being the coaching staff.

In business you can't keep coming to the meetings saying you made a bad call and lost it all. The company invested a lot of money into your project and you made a bad call in the last few seconds to blow the whole deal. Your worth to the team will be greatly diminished and you will be excused so someone else can come in to do the job. It's just business.

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, Buc, DAWGtm

9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #65010 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Thoughts..

stevedawg wrote: If I were CEO of the team I would do a management change. Management being the coaching staff.

In business you can't keep coming to the meetings saying you made a bad call and lost it all. The company invested a lot of money into your project and you made a bad call in the last few seconds to blow the whole deal. Your worth to the team will be greatly diminished and you will be excused so someone else can come in to do the job. It's just business.

Keep returning to Rdawg's comment. Post #14.

Our head coach is a lot like many that post on various sites, including . . . .

Mark Richt's days repeating the same message tend not only to be less than credible, it is simply job protection.

As for the comment that if our head coach were to be fired, UGA would surely go down the drain. All such garbage talk is just that, garbage. So as many on this board and others have said at one point or another . . . . Mark Richt is a great recruiter. OK. And just what has this great recruiter provided to the paying customers? He satisfies many with 9/10 win seasons. Seems to me that our head coach is real comfortable in that Ford truck.

Sorry, in the "world of football" Mark Richt is "still a second stringer".

More
9 years 4 months ago #65011 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Thoughts..

stevedawg wrote: If I were CEO of the team I would do a management change. Management being the coaching staff.

Especially when your repeated bad calls are calls most 10 year olds with 3 years of rec football can make better.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

More
Time to create page: 0.088 seconds