Forum

Thoughts..

9 years 4 months ago #65012 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Thoughts..

Buc wrote:
As for the comment that if our head coach were to be fired, UGA would surely go down the drain. All such garbage talk is just that, garbage.

What.. are we going to return to the Jim Donnan level of success?

Guess what... we're just about there right now with St. Richt.

Only difference is Richt beats Tech...

Oh wait...

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 4 months ago #65013 by Rdawg
Replied by Rdawg on topic Thoughts..

Buc wrote: As for the comment that if our head coach were to be fired, UGA would surely go down the drain. All such garbage talk is just that, garbage. So as many on this board and others have said at one point or another . . . . Mark Richt is a great recruiter. OK. And just what has this great recruiter provided to the paying customers? He satisfies many with 9/10 win seasons. Seems to me that our head coach is real comfortable in that Ford truck.

It's a simple risk vs. reward scenario. If you aren't willing to take the risk, don't expect any type of reward. Some teams fall flat after a coaching change and some exceed that of their previous coaches. It happens. It's called life. Why even have a football team if all you care about are 9 wins against scrub teams? Hell, when did this team start playing soccer? :P

Here's to hoping that Nebraska is in the hunt/winning championships in a few years, so if we still have Richt in that time, people will start with the "what ifs" and the snowball effect will happen from there.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
9 years 4 months ago #65014 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Thoughts..
It's so fitting that the last time we saw Bo Pelini... he was beating Mark Richt.

That's a real knee slapper that one is....

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

More
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #65015 by NC_Dawg
Replied by NC_Dawg on topic Thoughts..

Rdawg wrote: .....Hell, when did this team start playing soccer?....Here's to hoping that Nebraska is in the hunt/winning championships in a few years, so if we still have Richt in that time, people will start with the "what ifs" and the snowball effect will happen from there.

Easy with the soccer slams sport! :evil:

All kidding aside........... >>>> MASH HERE !!! <<<<<

I seriously doubt Nebraska will make an offer, but stranger things have happened.....I know what I'll be praying for tonight!!!

"My advice to you is to start drinking heavily." - Bluto

More
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #65016 by Rdawg
Replied by Rdawg on topic Thoughts..

NC_Dawg wrote: Easy with the soccer slams sport! :evil:

All kidding aside........... >>>> MASH HERE !!! <<<<<

I seriously doubt Nebraska will make an offer, but stranger things have happened.....I know what I'll be praying for tonight!!!

I knew I would get to someone. ;)

I am trying to understand why Nebraska would even want Richt. The man would last a few years max there. They already made the statement that they don't want mediocrity and Richt is identical to Pelini in that aspect. If anything, Richt will do worse there due to the lower level of talent that Nebraska pulls in. I don't care how good of a recruiter you are, location plays a huge roll in recruiting success.
The following user(s) said Thank You: growl

More
9 years 4 months ago #65018 by NC_Dawg
Replied by NC_Dawg on topic They (Nebraska) likely don't,....
Just a speculation article from SDS on Vegas odds....I'm certain the money speculators out west have heard plenty from the growing number of dissatisfied Dawg fans!

"My advice to you is to start drinking heavily." - Bluto

More
Time to create page: 0.097 seconds