Forum

Now What?

9 years 5 months ago #64330 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Now What?

DAWGtm wrote: We do less with more. I have a tought maybe it's not that the coaches are comfortable maybe it's that they don't have a set to step out and take chances. I belive that they do a risk/reward assessment and pick the safest one. Why else would HM still be starting or not try to push it down the field before the half or play not to lose instead of pouring it on. In summary our HC coaches scared and that will never get us to where we ought to be.

I have little doubt that Hutson had preached to him time and time and time again that all he
has to do is not turn the ball over, and that has probably helped make him timid. I am under no illusions that he is some great QB, but this season has seen him a lot more timid than he
was last season and there is no progress...only regression.

You are spot on about our coaches and the "safe choice". The "safe choice" is what those that
never reach the ultimate goals use to keep their jobs. If you make the risky choice, yes you can achieve great things but you also open yourself open to scrutiny for your risky decisions
if things don't work out. If you make the "safe choice" then it's hard for people to place
blame on you.

Richt is great at one thing, and that's deflecting blame away from himself. If he put as much effort into getting his team ready to play as he did on deflecting blame away from himself or the offense, then we're all probably getting ready for Kentucky after beating Florida again.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DAWGtm

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 5 months ago #64331 by TN Dawg
Replied by TN Dawg on topic Now What?

Wartdawg wrote: I of course hope we win, but I'm not going to get too upset about it if we don't.

Our season was shot by two inexplicable losses as it always is, so this is just another run
of the mill UGA season.

Winning or losing the game probably means little other than a game in Orlando or a game in Nashville in late December, neither of which excite me very much. I've been to that dance.

Truer words have never been spoken. I couldn't have said it any better.

More
9 years 5 months ago #64332 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Now What?
Placing this here for those that have not read this article.

So many holes in the article itself, and the comments, well . . . . this is what insures the 3 or 4 million dollar head coach.

georgiasports.blogspot.com/2014/11/getti...orgia+Sports+Blog%29

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #64334 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Now What?

Wartdawg wrote:

Buc wrote:
Two regulars on our 2014 football squad step up and tell the truth about preparation and what is said by the head coach? Basically does not want the truth to be told. Keep the muzzles on, don't want any more heat in my ....

Imagine if we had a coach who would have said "Ramik is 100% correct, and that falls on me as HC to have my team ready to play.
That performance Saturday is all on me".

What would the players think of a coach who said that? They would probably walk through fire for him.

Instead... and don't be mistaken about this... our HC deflected the responsibility away from preparation and readiness (his job), and that puts it right back on the players.

Personally I wish we had the HC that would have taken one for the team right there. I know some other with rings who probably would have.

First of all before I'm blasted, I agree with everyone, ok?.....but....doesn't the players need to take responsibility AS WELL in getting prepared to play? This is freakin FLORIDA. A coach wouldn't have to tell me anything, I would do whatever it took to be ready to play THAT game especially.

I'm not putting 100% on the coaching staff by any means.

PVBDAWG
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, OldSouthDawg, DAWGtm

More
9 years 5 months ago #64336 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Now What?
AllDawgs5.....I would really like to hear your comments. :)

PVBDAWG

More
9 years 5 months ago #64337 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Now What?
In agreement wlayton, to a point.

If the players don't step up, forfeit the game.

Just do not see that being anything more than a lack of a head strong coach insuring that this does not happen at least twice and sometimes more each year.

Could see a let down against certain other teams, but the GATORS . . . . you and I both know the consequences for that lack of preparedness.

Certainly do not like the way the head coach is handling this. Went back and looked at games of the past, this is his post game history. He accepts no responsibility.

Will add this. Seems many think this loss is the sole responsibility of the defense. Those that think that way did not or do not know what to look for during a game. Our offense was again a product of days gone by.

Guess my question is this . . . . Just what is our head coach's responsibility?

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.056 seconds