Forum

Time to make a Orange Crush!!!

9 years 6 months ago #63759 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Time to make a Orange Crush!!!
Sony Michel is hurt. Young man would be ready for JAX no doubts had the injury been anything less than it is.

Some talk about our defensive backfield having some problems, and that is true to a point. Any football team with a good quarterback and solid receivers are going to win a lot of battles. That is true both in the professional ranks and college also.

Pruitt is the coach in charge of the defensive backfield and all I can say, what a great job he is doing. By that I mean this . . . . Pruitt has used seven (7) different lineups thus far, that to me is spectacular this day and time. Pruitt the coach/teacher is on a mission and he has our football team believing in that mission.

All I have to do at this point in 2014 is look back at 2013. Nuff said.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, AllDawgs5, DAWGtm

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #63760 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Time to make a Orange Crush!!!

Buc wrote: Sony Michel is hurt. Young man would be ready for JAX no doubts had the injury been anything less than it is.

Some talk about our defensive backfield having some problems, and that is true to a point. Any football team with a good quarterback and solid receivers are going to win a lot of battles. That is true both in the professional ranks and college also.

Pruitt is the coach in charge of the defensive backfield and all I can say, what a great job he is doing. By that I mean this . . . . Pruitt has used seven (7) different lineups thus far, that to me is spectacular this day and time. Pruitt the coach/teacher is on a mission and he has our football team believing in that mission.

All I have to do at this point in 2014 is look back at 2013. Nuff said.

BINGO....done a really great job with what he has had LEFT in the secondary.

PVBDAWG
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #63761 by Buc
wlayton, for sure losing some of the young men to coach dismissal, some quit not able to accept "positive team leadership from the new group on the defensive side". yd1 likes to refer to them as "ME" players not "TEAM" players.

Looking back just a "few months" and Pruitt/Rocker and Company coming in with nothing more than a lot of film study prior to Spring, accomplishing what they have, and have yet to see one coach on that side of the ball look for pats on the back. Think we are also listed at this point in time as being in the top five in recruiting. Those guys are working their butts off. Players recognize that, sets a very good example. As Wartdawg said, it starts at the top.

When I look at the talent we have and the talent that will probably sign on for 2015, in my mind it has been a remarkable change that we see now, and can expect next season even more when the "newbies" land in Athens.

Really want to say this. When Hutson Mason got nailed in Little Rock, got up carrying the pain with him and just a short time later shaking his fist and moving back into the huddle, that got as much respect from me as some of the tosses he made. For sure that brought his teammates even closer, both offense and defense.

Still not sure exactly where we are at this point, other than watching a good group of college athletes join together and wear our colors with pride. Yep, I see a lot of pride in this group and they are vocal about the closeness. I also think we have the best looking uniforms in college football, and the colors are being respected by these young pups. Lots of great athletes over many years have worn the uniform proudly.

One example of closeness and respect . . . . Nick Chubb was "baited" quickly after showing what he can do and those in the media were looking for something different than what he said . . . . Nick Chubb quickly told those asking the question this . . . . Todd Gurley is the "man". On top of the statement, Nick was being totally sincere. Sony Michel is cut from the same cloth.

No reason to believe that JAX should look any different than the last three face offs, fourth win would settle a lot of issues that some of us carry. Muschamp could learn a lot from a young man like Nick Chubb, think the word is humility.

Sure like the way our veterans are playing in the big games . . . . Conley and Bennett have always rose to the occasion, expect the same from them in JAX.

Goose I guess I am in the same camp with Wartdawg, last time out seemed that Marshall got dinged early, just did not look 100%. Injuries have a way of sitting in our brains, sometimes it is too hard to move past. Have witnessed that before. Have to believe that Keith is heart broken, young man came to Athens with so much talent, now watching others do what he so badly wants to do. I would still like to see Keith Marshall lining up in the slot, great hands.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, Dawg With Style

More
9 years 6 months ago #63762 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Time to make a Orange Crush!!!
Great post Buc.

Think we all were impressed after that shot HM took.....it was a shot too. Team responds to that every time. As you say.....leadership!

Really pulling for KM as well. He definitely has "temporarily" lost a step but hopefully he can regain his form by the end of the year.

Gotta love KM....

PVBDAWG
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
9 years 6 months ago #63763 by Buc

wlayton wrote: Great post Buc.

Think we all were impressed after that shot HM took.....it was a shot too. Team responds to that every time. As you say.....leadership!

Really pulling for KM as well. He definitely has "temporarily" lost a step but hopefully he can regain his form by the end of the year.

Gotta love KM....

I do wlayton. :) Still have that catch he made in Orlando against Nebraska dancing around in my head.

More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #63764 by Dawg With Style
Replied by Dawg With Style on topic Time to make a Orange Crush!!!
i found internet thanks too everybody for posting there is a lot of things to be proud of but a lot of the same old same old always a DAWG fan till I DIE I feel the defense is coming along but with what we have lost CJP an company doing one hell of a job!!!!!

Enjoying the beach life NC Dawg its 5 o'clock always here and SADLER october feast was loaded with everything worth going too my friend and brother own the road!!!

Buc and wlayton the Mexico beach a little different than floridaaaaa!

How Bout them Dawgs!!!!!!!

Ride it like you stole it
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, sadlerdawg

• Dawg With Style
  • Dawg With Style's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.052 seconds