Forum

Time to make a Orange Crush!!!

9 years 6 months ago #63776 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Time to make a Orange Crush!!!
Dead on Buc, you have "inside information" about the Gainesville Clan.....please keep us informed. :woohoo: ;)

PVBDAWG

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 6 months ago #63779 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Time to make a Orange Crush!!!
I do know a "couple of Bullgators", but so do you. One of which I did a lot of banking with back in the 1980's. It was his "bank". :) Also have some ties to FSU, and you know that there are going to be some "situations" that soon will cause embarrassment to the university.

Have to "insert" this. Think I said it not too far back on this board . . . . I sincerely hope that FSU beats the ever loving you know what out of Petrino/grantham. While I have some issues with FSU, I have open "distaste" of Petrino/grantham.

Jimbo Fisher has made his "move". Nothing that comes out of the recent "mess" will affect his status in Tallahassee. Truthfully, Jimbo Fisher residing in Tallahassee as head coach benefits Georgia when it comes to players that have moved away from the gators. Fisher can't sign every player in the State of Florida. We are connected in the State of Florida, going to be interesting especially in 2016.

Know many that read and post on this board don't need for me to "chirp" so much, but I do it because I "think" I know how it furthers our program in Athens.

Have to say this, again . . . . Pay McClendon. :) Keep hearing "little things" that bother me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton

More
9 years 6 months ago #63780 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Time to make a Orange Crush!!!
Buc, did you see the interview with Fisher on the field after the game? Couldn't help but smirk a little when he talked about his players and how much they care for each other, play together etc etc.....and show integrity on AND OFF the field.....REALLY???

Couldn't help but chuckle at that one. ;)

PVBDAWG

More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #63781 by Buc
wlayton, the business that you are in, decides which way you take the account based on depth of conversation. Believe that to be right.

Jimbo Fisher is not dealing with the same type of folks that you surround yourself with to make your "market share grow".

Even if the FSU football team does not end up wearing the "crown" again, just being in the final four will keep the FSU program moving forward.

Really don't know how to say this any other way . . . . Jameis Winston will play his last college football game in 2014. Whatever has happened to Jameis in Tally will soon be forgotten by many young men that will sign on. There will be an "open" quarterback battle. Depth on the team is more than substantial.

Difference between FSU and Florida and Miami, the folks that played for FSU over the years are 100% behind the program. Players that have gone on to make a name for themselves like, Derrick Brooks, Warrick Dunn and too many to mention in this post insure the return of FSU football.

We are beginning to get some of that in Athens, but not the depth that Florida State is getting. I am not a FSU "homer", I just know what I see.

Again, that leads me to the gators, they have much to overcome, that is not done overnight.

Example of that . . . . Pruitt/Rocker and Company are making inroads, they have the media taking notice, but are we there yet? High school players with "big reputations" find out quickly that the SEC is the #1 college football conference in the D1 football world. Players also understand that they need to be in a conference that has the medias attention. SEC is hard to dismiss if you "want that attention".

End with this. FSU is LOADED. Alabama is LOADED. Georgia appears to "want" to play with the "Big Boys". Playing with the "Big Boys" comes down to beating teams like Florida and Auburn. Crossed fingers, think I see positive signs not only on the playing field, also in the area of recruiting.

wlayton, Jimbo Fisher should coach football and leave the "other stuff" alone. JMHO.

More
9 years 6 months ago #63782 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Time to make a Orange Crush!!!

wlayton wrote: Buc, did you see the interview with Fisher on the field after the game? Couldn't help but smirk a little when he talked about his players and how much they care for each other, play together etc etc.....and show integrity on AND OFF the field.....REALLY???

Couldn't help but chuckle at that one. ;)

I actually heard the interview where Jimbo Fisher was talking about how people were trying to hang poor ole Shame-us Winston over the fact that he signed a few autographs for his adoring fans (that somehow ended with many sequentually numbered autographed mini-helmets at a memorabilia store)..

To be perfectly honest.... the guy sounded like a complete moron, so I'm not surprised by anything else he has said. He may know his football, but he needs to live in that world exclusively... because he sounded dumb as a box of rocks, and I'm not the sort of person that
goes around saying that about people flippantly.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

More
9 years 6 months ago #63783 by Buc
Wartdawg said, I believe.

To be perfectly honest.... the guy sounded like a complete moron, so I'm not surprised by anything else he has said. He may know his football, but he needs to live in that world exclusively... because he sounded dumb as a box of rocks, and I'm not the sort of person that
goes around saying that about people flippantly.

More
Time to create page: 0.060 seconds