Forum

Time to make a Orange Crush!!!

9 years 6 months ago #63766 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Time to make a Orange Crush!!!
I sincerely hope that this group of young men get some rest, let their bodies heal and . . . . get after the gators.

While some might not believe this to be true, the gator nation at this point will not be "totally disappointed" if Georgia wins. There is no neutral ground for the "spoiled" gator fans.

Until Steve Spurrier took over as head coach, the gators were basically an after thought. They got a taste of the "good life" and since then they expect their team to be "all that" every season.

Don't be surprised to see the gator sections in JAX coming down on their team and head coach if we get after them and spoil their wishes for the fourth year in a row.

Will Muschamp is an after thought at this point, guarantee anyone reading this, Jeremy Foley has his list of possible head coaches in his pocket. Will not be a coordinator this time around, Foley knows that he has to bring in a "high profile" head coach to regain control of those that put their butts in the seats. Bull gators are not pleased with the way the "liar" left things and totally pp'd with the failure of Muschamp.

Foley has 4 more years on his contract, would not be surprised to see him leave then. He does not want to go out the same way that Muschamp is about to. Needs a win in JAX, not for Mushcamp's sake, for his. Remember Foley hired Muschamp. Foley also knows that Steve Spurrier is going to bring his team into the Swamp and he will try his best to stomp the gators. Most of his "ire" will be at Jeremy Foley. No love lost between those two.

Lots of talk down this way about Muschamp's replacement. It will be a high profile head coach that is known, if not, rebuilding the team will take longer, simply because big name head coaches attract big name players. There are many big time players in the State of Florida, Foley knows he has to make the right decision this time.

Realize that many on this board and those that read this board want to talk x's and o's, that will happen in the next two weeks. Just trying to bring some of what I know to our board.

Believe this . . . . the players want to beat Georgia, they will play hard, many of those players could care less about what happens to Will Muschamp. There is still deep hate in those that play the game in JAX. Have to believe that there will be some serious hitting in November.

Florida has a lot of speed on defense, many players that could easily play for any top rated college team. Would like nothing better than us starting out like we did against Arkansas. Not sure the gators have played against a better defense than the one they will face in JAX, yes, that includes Alabama. Georgia is in my mind getting better as some on this board especially have said from the beginning. Yep, have many of those posts in the vault.

Take no prisoners, the gator players don't like living in the shadows of the University of Georgia. Pay backs are hell, we owe the gators at least one more . . . . :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, wlayton, dawgs_fans_dad

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 6 months ago #63767 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Time to make a Orange Crush!!!
KM hasn't looked 100% but even in this age, sometimes these things take 2 years to really get past.. not just the physical part, but the mental. He will have a senior season and a chance to really show what he can do.

wlayton, spot on about CJP doing a lot... with what he has left to work with.

Some other coaches on that side are doing a good job as well.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton

More
9 years 6 months ago #63768 by rockdawg
Replied by rockdawg on topic Time to make a Orange Crush!!!
Buc,

Very rare that I find myself in disagreement with your posts, but one more against Muschamp won't do it for me. I'm a firm believer in compound interest... especially when it comes to the gators!
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, Buc

More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #63769 by Buc
rockdawg, for sure I am on your side, that of course is the "Red and Black" side.

Spend a lot of time watching high school talent in the State of Florida, and elsewhere. Seem to have a better grip on the high school talent in Florida. Another boat load of really good players are heading to the SEC from this state.

For certain adding Pruitt/Rocker to the recruiting efforts being made by us, along with McClendon, and the closing power of Mark Richt in living rooms, the University of Georgia has in recent years made serious inroads to a talent rich state.

With the above will add this . . . . Time for us to use our talent wisely, has not always been the case.

Same can be said for Muschamp and Foley. Players believe in results when looking at their future. Another reason for the success that highly rated players find themselves moving across state lines on their way to Tuscaloosa. Many young men today play the "high profile" game which the media encourages.

Guess what I am trying to say is 8 win seasons with our talent don't really impress like the results we see coming from Alabama year after year. Not going into a "thingy" again, but I keep my eyes and ears open.

Have to say this. Muschamp was left with an absolute mess by urban meyer. It is if Foley needed a "fall guy" because he knew that the program had serious problems. Problem was, in my opinion, they hired a defensive coordinator, not a legitimate head coach. Muschamp tried to bring the hammer down on the "stuff" that urban left behind, his actions were to rebuild the program, one problem, that is not what he does best.

In my humble opinion, Jeremy Foley probably already knows who the next head coach will be. I sincerely hope their next head coach does not leave Michigan State, that would change a lot of things. I say that for this reason . . . . Foley understands that he has to hire a "very high profile head coach". He cannot repeat the sins of his recent past.

Whether we like Florida or not, the right head coach in Gainesville, Florida will be blessed with the opportunity to recruit high profile players year after year. gators have had a problem with that area of football for the past couple of years. FSU and Georgia have capitalized on the gators mismanagement.

Last chance for Will Muschamp to get a lick in against the university that gave him his original chance to get ahead in the coaching profession. Some take longer than others to mature.

Wartdawg, so much truth in your statement about taking time to get over a serious injury, mentally. Probably the biggest hurdle. Known fact that the surgeons these days do a great job repairing what used to be crippling injuries.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton

More
9 years 6 months ago #63771 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Time to make a Orange Crush!!!
Buc, sure hope they don't go after Dantonio. He's on the "borderline" age at 58 now but he's a great coach. Not sure how well he would recruit down here in Foley's mind.

You know they will offer Mullen first but now that he has that program where he wants it, I just don't see him leaving. Foley knows he can recruit Florida and the south.

Freeze??

Btw, as you have pointed out, UF can still play on D. They only gave up 119 yards against Mizzou (although Mizzou's offense really wasn't on the field that much because of D and ST scoring). We need to jump on them early and even the D may just quit.

PVBDAWG
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
9 years 6 months ago #63775 by Buc
wlayton, amazes me sometimes when I see a successful program go down. Truthfully, what is going on in Gainesville, I put at the feet of Foley. Guess the same could be said about our team. While I was a big supporter of grantham, he could not get out of Athens quick enough to suit me after watching him and his "ways".

Old fart that I am, solidly in the camp of those that think college football is more than ready for some changes to be made in the coaching ranks. At this point appears to me that the newer coaches that are making progress were recently coaching high school football.

You make a very good point about Dantonio and age. Guess the same could be said about Jeremy Foley, he will be 62 in December, and in my mind his last two head coach choices have caused the University of Florida problems. Guess their next head coach needs to fit somewhere in the middle of meyer and Muschamp.

Never want the gators to beat the Bulldogs, but I also want to see "all universities" and especially those in the SEC doing well and the young men moving forward to a better life. Put it this way, the players that truly want the college experience without the BS.

After this "thingy" with Todd Gurley, there will be no doubt that anyone interested in playing for Georgia will have to understand that there are consequences for bad behavior, or simply breaking the rules, rules that they need to be aware of. Simple solution . . . . close mouth, open ears.

Good post wlayton. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, wlayton

More
Time to create page: 0.051 seconds