Forum

Time to make a Orange Crush!!!

9 years 5 months ago #63784 by dawgs_fans_dad
Replied by dawgs_fans_dad on topic Time to make a Orange Crush!!!

Buc wrote: Have to "insert" this. Think I said it not too far back on this board . . . . I sincerely hope that FSU beats the ever loving you know what out of Petrino/grantham. While I have some issues with FSU, I have open "distaste" of Petrino/grantham.

Takes a lot for me to cheer for F$U, but I support this post. 40-3 would bring a smile....
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #63785 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Time to make a Orange Crush!!!
While on the subject of "not being on the subject". :)

When I look at FSU this season, also look at their defense.

Did Pruitt leaving Tally and arriving in Athens have anything to do with the "FSU defense" not being as strong when he was there?

I have watched Alabama closely since Pruitt left for FSU, has anything changed in Tuscaloosa since Pruitt left? I would make this bet . . . . if for some reason Pruitt wanted to leave Athens, he would have an open invitation to return to Alabama.

We have heard those with "press passes" say after the Clemson game that Pruitt/Rocker and Company have changed the way Georgia plays football. Not just DEFENSIVE FOOTBALL, has a lot to do with OFFENSIVE FOOTBALL. Not really shouting, just rolling some things around that cross my mind. There again we played a "solid half of football" . . . . at home.

Press went "stoopid" after the first half of the Arkansas game, many said the game was over, Pruitt/Rocker and Company were the greatest thing since sliced bread. Have to admit, I did like what I saw, but allow me this . . . . I saw the offensive side of the ball change the way the game would be played in the "first half". Defense was there, but for openers, Hutson Mason along with his offensive group let it be known that they were in Little Rock to play "D1 Football". They did.

This old fart believes that we finally understand how to play with, allow me this . . . . Building Blocks, you know, those same blocks that had different colors and stacked up nicely, back when you and I were "toddlers" and our children and grandchildren and great grandchildren do the same now. I fit in all of the above mentioned categories including great grandchildren.

Once again, saying the same thing over and over, this "Georgia Football Team" has my attention. Keep our eyes on #59, Jenkins is and will be "all that" for the remainder of this season and maybe 2015. Some in my group no longer refer to #47 as Ray Drew or Drew, he is officially the "preacher" in our circle, a circle that is getting larger.

Expectations are growing. I don't think for a minute that this group in Athens does not know or understand that. One member of a group that I watch and talk football with says this . . . . the current group believes that they are a team, that has often been said over the past 13 years, finally it appears that there is truth in the statement. All of us want to believe and have wanted to believe what we have heard not only from the players, also from the coaches, we play as a team.

Stop with this. It took some time to assemble a "competent coaching staff".

More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #63786 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Time to make a Orange Crush!!!
I still can't believe that a fine, upstanding, and proud place of academia like Louisville
would tarnish itself with the pile of dung known as Bobby Petrino.

I lost immeasurable respect for that place when they rehired him.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #63787 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Time to make a Orange Crush!!!
"Wartdawg said, I believe."

"To be perfectly honest.... the guy sounded like a complete moron, so I'm not surprised by anything else he has said. He may know his football, but he needs to live in that world exclusively... because he sounded dumb as a box of rocks, and I'm not the sort of person that
goes around saying that about people flippantly"

DITTO

PVBDAWG

More
9 years 5 months ago #63788 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Time to make a Orange Crush!!!

dawgs_fans_dad wrote:

Buc wrote: Have to "insert" this. Think I said it not too far back on this board . . . . I sincerely hope that FSU beats the ever loving you know what out of Petrino/grantham. While I have some issues with FSU, I have open "distaste" of Petrino/grantham.

Takes a lot for me to cheer for F$U, but I support this post. 40-3 would bring a smile....

Thursday, October 30th FSU vs Louisville Cardinals.

Papa John's Cardinal Stadium, Louisville, KY 7:30 p.m. ET ESPN.

That night I will order pizza for the group that I will watch this particular game with from PIZZA HUT, or DOMINO'S or any other dough roller that is not Papa John's.

Petrino and grantham thought they had "things" figured out joining the ACC.

Both of the above mentioned coaches remind me of what Wartdawg had to say about Jimbo Fisher and his "stoopid" interview for all to see. Still say that grantham will leave . . . . soon.

dawgs_fans_dad, totally on board with the numbers you posted above.

More
9 years 5 months ago #63789 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Time to make a Orange Crush!!!

Buc wrote: While on the subject of "not being on the subject". :)

When I look at FSU this season, also look at their defense.

Did Pruitt leaving Tally and arriving in Athens have anything to do with the "FSU defense" not being as strong when he was there?

I have watched Alabama closely since Pruitt left for FSU, has anything changed in Tuscaloosa since Pruitt left? I would make this bet . . . . if for some reason Pruitt wanted to leave Athens, he would have an open invitation to return to Alabama.

We have heard those with "press passes" say after the Clemson game that Pruitt/Rocker and Company have changed the way Georgia plays football. Not just DEFENSIVE FOOTBALL, has a lot to do with OFFENSIVE FOOTBALL. Not really shouting, just rolling some things around that cross my mind. There again we played a "solid half of football" . . . . at home.

Press went "stoopid" after the first half of the Arkansas game, many said the game was over, Pruitt/Rocker and Company were the greatest thing since slice sliced bread. Have to admit, I did like what I saw, but allow me this . . . . I saw the offensive side of the ball change the way the game would be played in the "first half". Defense was there, but for openers, Hutson Mason along with his offensive group let it be known that they were in Little Rock to play "D1 Football". They did.

This old fart believes that we finally understand how to play with, allow me this . . . . Building Blocks, you know, those same blocks that had different colors and stacked up nicely, back when you and I were "toddlers" and our children and grandchildren and great grandchildren do the same now. I fit in all of the above mentioned categories including great grandchildren.

Once again, saying the same thing over and over, this "Georgia Football Team" has my attention. Keep our eyes on #59, Jenkins is and will be "all that" for the remainder of this season and maybe 2015. Some in my group no longer refer to #47 as Ray Drew or Drew, he is officially the "preacher" in our circle, a circle that is getting larger.

Expectations are growing. I don't think for a minute that this group in Athens does not know or understand that. One member of a group that I watch and talk football with says this . . . . the current group believes that they are a team, that has often been said over the past 13 years, finally it appears that there is truth in the statement. All of us want to believe and have wanted to believe what we have heard not only from the players, also from the coaches, we play as a team.

Stop with this. It took some time to assemble a "competent coaching staff".

Buc, I was listening to a good sports radio station today, the host is a gator and his sidekick is a Nole. They were talking SEC football etc and the Nole made the comment....."I believe there is a sleeping giant about to rise up, up north". He was referring to UGA and said with the way they are improving, it isn't a given that somebody from the West is going to win the SEC. He pointed out the talent, Pruitt and improvement watching how they are playing without TG etc etc.

Fine with me if they stay under the radar a while longer.

PVBDAWG

More
Time to create page: 0.052 seconds