Forum

Time to make a Orange Crush!!!

9 years 6 months ago #63790 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Time to make a Orange Crush!!!
wlayton, from your post, sounds to me that some of the "talking heads" are beginning to "jump on the bandwagon". Promise you that is not said with malice.

If for any reason that we (UGA) slips before the season is over, the same "talking heads" will haul a$$ from what they are saying now. You and I both know and understand that.

Going to move back to what Dawg With Style opened this thread with. Crush the Orange.

If, if grantham were still in Athens, not a doubt in my mind that we would not have reached the point that we have. Along with that, I am not sure that the current coaching staff would be in place. Not calling names, no need at this point.

Have said this and will again. Will Friend came to the Red and Black, and if anyone reads the AJC or follows "Pouty" . . . . Will Friend would be history, not this year, couple of years back. Pruitt/Rocker and Company would not be in Athens now had not Mark Richt talked with Will Friend.

Getting away from that. I am looking at our offensive line, and how they will line up and play against the gators. This group of offensive linemen, and quite frankly some of the players coming off of the bench, seems to me that Arkansas and Missouri understand what the "front wall" is doing. If I look over the 2014 Season, where we are now, if I have to say something ugly about out football team, it will not be featuring the offensive line. I do believe that our "right side" is better than our "left side". Have however seen some good things starting to happen on the left side . . . . Kublanow is beginning to understand that "penalties" are not a "good thing". Also looks like Theus with the "help" from a fullback can protect the left side. Not being ugly, all any of us have to do is "watch". Favoritism is not in my vocabulary for the most part. One thing that I do know, usually the best pass rusher(s) come from the "left side".

Staying on the offensive line, Mike Bobo understands that the right side is a very good place to run the football. If you have not watched Pyke, take a play or two off and watch him work his magic.

Will add this . . . . If you are an Atlanta Falcons supporter, cross your fingers that Greg Pyke will play on the same line with a healthy Jake Matthews. Falcons much like the Georgia Bulldogs, seems it takes a while for the message to get through.

Not being ugly, just looking at things.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 6 months ago #63791 by rockdawg
Replied by rockdawg on topic Time to make a Orange Crush!!!
If we do stay under the radar and make it to Atlanta, and IF the winner of the Egg Bowl is there too, do you think the novelty of being there will affect their play, as opposed to AL or AU, who have been there, done that?

That game brings a lot of pressure with it. If the West teams start listening to the press and think that Atlanta is just a stepping stone to bigger things, and that they won't have to fight for their lives, then we may surprise a much bigger audience than the SEC.

Just a thought.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
9 years 6 months ago #63792 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic Time to make a Orange Crush!!!

rockdawg wrote: If we do stay under the radar and make it to Atlanta, and IF the winner of the Egg Bowl is there too, do you think the novelty of being there will affect their play, as opposed to AL or AU, who have been there, done that?

That game brings a lot of pressure with it. If the West teams start listening to the press and think that Atlanta is just a stepping stone to bigger things, and that they won't have to fight for their lives, then we may surprise a much bigger audience than the SEC.

Just a thought.

I really don't know if it would be a novelty for the teams, maybe the fan base as lots of people down here have not really jumped on either Mississippi bandwagon as of yet....most are LSwho and Tide fans but you do see a lot more Ole Miss than you do MS. State shirts etc...which brings me to say that they have the wrong Mississippi team ranked #1...that Ole Miss D is bad ass for sure...

thecountrynation.com

More
9 years 6 months ago #63793 by kentdaddy
Replied by kentdaddy on topic Time to make a Orange Crush!!!
1. I moved 2000 miles away from Florida and still hate the gators more than any other team.

2. Both Mississippi teams lose twice.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dawg With Style

More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #63794 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Time to make a Orange Crush!!!
Question. Is there any doubt what Pruitt/Rocker and Company have accomplished in Athens?

My thoughts go to the new defensive group "coaching up" players that were "throwing their arms in the air a season ago". Every reason to believe that this group gets better the more time they spend with our defensive coaches.

Don't take this as being "completely negative", however . . . . The comment below from Mark Richt was expected. What I am saying is this . . . . Mark Richt does not do one thing when it comes to the way the defense is run during a game or on the practice field. If it were so that he is involved with the defense, he sure made some improvements when we look at 2013. C'mon we know that you are the head coach, Pruitt is not after your job. Stay out of the way, we know what is going on, and quite frankly, we are not in the arena.

I can buy into what the head coach said, I have also "repeatedly requested" that our head coach do that which he does best . . . . recruit.

Statistics below spell out exactly what has happened in Athens, in one short season. Will Friend's "friend" turned the program around, on the defensive side of the ball.

Georgia leads the nation in turnover margin, flipping the script from last season when it ranked a lowly 102nd in FBS in that category.

The Bulldogs are now plus-13 on the season.

“I’m very pleased with that,” Georgia coach Mark Richt said. “We work hard on it.”

Georgia has 17 turnovers gained and only four lost.

More
9 years 6 months ago #63800 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Time to make a Orange Crush!!!

rockdawg wrote: If we do stay under the radar and make it to Atlanta, and IF the winner of the Egg Bowl is there too, do you think the novelty of being there will affect their play, as opposed to AL or AU, who have been there, done that?

Just a thought.

The GOOD news is many of our coaches have been there before....CMR, Bobo, Pruitt, Rocker etc

If the West winner "reads their press clippings" they may be in for a surprise.

Hey, let's get there first.

PVBDAWG

More
Time to create page: 0.083 seconds