Forum

Arkansas Game Day Thread

9 years 6 months ago #63743 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Arkansas Game Day Thread

Dawg With Style wrote: Buc Turman is out for the season.

There has been some talk about A.J. Turman leaving Athens. DWS, he is a really good running back, have watched A.J. as a high school player, was excited when we signed him.

So much has happened since he signed the LOI and with the injuries, he does not have a good chance of seeing playing time. Turman along with Faton Bauta on the same team, probably elsewhere, would be a hard combination to beat. Brother, so much talent in Athens, makes me scratch my head every time I say that . . . . so much talent in Athens, sitting on the bench.

Most of these young players are not going to remain in Athens as did Hutson Mason. That is not a shot at this point against how "some things" are playing out in Athens, really goes to show that our team is a strong drawing point for young men from all over.

Going to move in another direction that I have not posted about recently . . . . never, ever stop recruiting offensive linemen that can play in the SEC. Know that you like Nick Chubb, you spoke about Nick often in the early going, while Chubb was still a senior in high school.

Starting to get a bit "riled" with the press when they say that we are or "insinuating" that we are better off without Todd Gurley, BS. Hell, we had first and goal against South Carolina from inside the five yard line with Todd Gurley . . . . need to say more about that?

Would love to go to JAX knowing that Todd Gurley could play. If you are going to defend against Georgia at this point, especially after Hutson Mason "stepped up" in Little Rock, would hate to be coaching on the other side.

This is a good football team. A deep group that "wants" to win. Just ask Bielema what he thinks about the Bulldogs. I have read some comments, he knows that we have "talent". Some of us older folks have know that for a very long time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, yankeedawg1, Dawg With Style

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #63744 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Arkansas Game Day Thread
Buc I remember watching film on Turman after you mentioned him. He reminded me of a combination of TG and KM.

PVBDAWG
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
9 years 6 months ago #63745 by Buc

wlayton wrote: Buc I remember watching film on Turman after you mentioned him. He reminded me of a combination of TG and KM.

wlayton, when we played Nebraska in Orlando, coaching staff had Turman over to the Citrus Bowl and Turman was a wanted man. Played for Boone High School and after talking to and being recruited by, get this . . . . McClendon, his mind was made up.

Should not do this, but will . . . . don't let McClendon get away. He is just as valuable as Pruitt or anyone else in the coaching ranks. A solid group of recruiters located in Athens, Georgia, of which I think McClendon is a man that would be next to impossible to replace.

A lot is being said about play calling, as it should be on certain occasions. Have to say this, don't want to recruit against McClendon, he is a special coach and person. Pay him, chances are that we are going to hear more good news about his efforts . . . . soon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, yankeedawg1

More
9 years 6 months ago #63746 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Arkansas Game Day Thread
If we would be told we would walk away with a 13pt win, we all would have taken it no questions asked.

I'm just as disappointed as anyone about the second half, and the explanation is simple:

We struggle in the 2nd half because we stop doing what we did successfully in the 1st half. If we do keep doing those things then we stop doing them well. One is on coaching and one is on players executing. Both however come from the same attitude (or lack thereof) and for me the attitude of a team flows from the top down. Just my opinion.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, ogredawg

More
9 years 6 months ago #63747 by Buc

Wartdawg wrote: If we would be told we would walk away with a 13pt win, we all would have taken it no questions asked.

I'm just as disappointed as anyone about the second half, and the explanation is simple:

We struggle in the 2nd half because we stop doing what we did successfully in the 1st half. If we do keep doing those things then we stop doing them well. One is on coaching and one is on players executing. Both however come from the same attitude (or lack thereof) and for me the attitude of a team flows from the top down. Just my opinion.

And a good opinion it is.

More
9 years 6 months ago #63748 by NC_Dawg
Replied by NC_Dawg on topic Missed the game,....
Was deep in the mountains of Virginia for a wedding...Cell coverage was spotty. Was able to get updates via ESPN Scoreboard App. Large group of rabid dawg fans hung on every update...First half excitement turned quickly to worry...then celebration!...Got in late last night and watched the recorded game....My thoughts,....

Great first half! NC is a beast and will step into TG's empty shoes without missing a beat....Can't wait to have all the lame and stalled thoroughbred's in the back field.....SOON!....It was mentioned earlier that HM has turned to corner,....I agree!...While he certainly isn't and won't be AM....IMVHO, he has clearly broken away from the "also ran" classification. Our O line is,....IMPRESSIVE!...Biggest surprise for me is the D. Improves each week. If this continues, good things could be in store for the remainder of the season.

As for CMR/Bobo....I certainly understand the angst, our group was feeling it waiting for each ESPN update,....BUT,....this is NOTHING new. In fact, THIS IS CMR!...This has been the script since he arrived in Athens. We either build a lead and rely on our D to hold on, or we get bitch slapped and scramble to recover. We've been moderately successful in each scenario. We've also been wildly embarrassed. I distinctly recall in CMR's early years, when he was the OC, his critics lamented about his lack of a "killer instinct"!.....This hasn't changed one iota!....So, I wasn't in the least bit surprised when we lapsed into our 3rd quarter vanilla coma....Been there, done that, signed t-shirts on E-Bay....TOO SOON???? .... :woohoo:

Personally, I could give a ratz azz about the "committee" or the pontification on the "final four". At this point in the season, that's just "red meat" sound bytes for the media bobble-heads to toss out. If we continue to improve, get all, or as many of our absent players back and limit the cranial flatulence, we could find ourselves right in the middle of it all.

Great win......GO DAWGS!!!!!

"My advice to you is to start drinking heavily." - Bluto
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1

More
Time to create page: 0.055 seconds