Forum

Arkansas Game Day Thread

9 years 6 months ago #63712 by BullDawg2010
Replied by BullDawg2010 on topic Arkansas Game Day Thread
I think we MIGHT be able to make the playoffs, don't know about winning a national title.
Seems like I drunk too much koolaide after the first half, bobo and Richt show up again playing not to lose. Just kills me sometimes, keep your foot on the peddle and break them down.

Don't know if we will ever win a NC with Richt, might make the playoffs this year. Ball would have to bounce our way a few times, but every week we have shown improvement.

Take the bye week, then we become the reason muschamp loses his job. Talk about a guy who looks completely lost.

Lot of football left to be played, need to remind myself that sometimes. No lead is safe with our current offensive coaching staff.

Still impressed with our defense in the first half. Keep the defensive coaching staff together. We will be scary good in a few years.

GO DAWGS.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, DAWGtm

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 6 months ago #63713 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic Arkansas Game Day Thread

sflanagan21 wrote:

ogredawg wrote:

sflanagan21 wrote: Buc, I disagree with you on never winning a NC with Richt, as a matter of fact I see it happening this season. I think we are working on something special right now in Athens. Mason has looked better in the last two games and in my opinion he has turned the corner and will only get better. I have been his worst critic and he is making me eat my crow and I have NO problem with that! I think our O is one the best in the Nation and we are missing Gurley and Michel. Our D is still a work in progress but even where they are right now I believe is enough to get us to the SEC ship easily. To get to the playoff's we need to get their with one loss and obviously win it. Our only hurdle is Auburn and as long as we keep our key players healthy then we have punchers chance. Our secondary needs to keep improving and I know they will under Pruitt. We can score with any team in the Nation right now and thats with out Gurley and Michel. We must tighten up things in our secondary or Marshall will make us pay in a big way. We get past Auburn then I think we are the team to beat.

I don't think there is one dominating team this year, at least not yet (we could very well be that team by the AU game). I see about 7 good teams and we are one of them. We are only getting better and with Michel coming back we are going to be hard to stop, not to mention that we are probably going to get a healthy and hungry Gurley back, plus Mitchell is going to come up big right when we need him too, oh yea and I Mac is always one step away from flipping a game. I don't even think Richt can mess this one up Buc. I'm being VERY optimistic but I think this could be the year...

I tend to disagree. Either Mississippi team will beat us and it will be 1 of the 2 plus Alabama, FSU or Notre Dame depending on the outcome of tonites game and Oregon for the NC. This UGA team is not a top 4 team...top 10 maybe but not top 4...

Like your optimism but it ain't going to happen this year

We will never win a NC as long as CMR is the HC....

Well it's a good thing they have to play the game on the field and not go off what the people on this board think! I'm out...

When we take our foot off the gas and not impress the selection committee that is why we will not make the top 4...I go by what I see on the field and I saw UGA once again playing not to lose....was impressed by the 1st half of play and then very unimpressed by the second half of play...boils down to coaching and coaching is going to cost us a shot at the NC...that is what I THINK...

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, DAWGtm

• ogredawg
  • ogredawg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #63714 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Arkansas Game Day Thread
Early Sunday morning, have had a chance to watch many of the talking heads and what "they think". Watch the highlights and lowlights from other games played around the Nation.

On any of the major channels, not one did I see pick Georgia for the final four. Did get a couple of comments on first half play versus second half play.

No doubt this group can score points, to me that is not the "prime question" at this time. Want to feel that everyone should be allowed to register where they believe we are at this point. If for example I believe looking at the second half of this game, do I honestly believe we are "at this point" . . . . a top four team? Would be interested to see how many on this board think that we are that good, and will play for the National Title in 2014.

If I "only" watch the first half, my guess would be that we definitely belong in the consideration of the "committee" for final four status.

If I am on the committee and I have watched the second half of the Georgia/Arkansas game, mixed with the first half, would tend to look closer at Alabama and the way their game was played against TAM. I would also look at the final outcome between Ole Miss and Tennessee, as compared to Georgia/Tennessee. Whether we like it or not, this is one of the ways that the "committee" will select the final four.

This is a "good" football team that is "loaded with talent" that many in the coaching ranks would love to have playing football for them on Saturdays. We actually "sit" talent on this edition of the Georgia Football Team that would start for other universities. Not only start elsewhere but the universities mentioned include D1 schools.

Have said many times recently that the coaching changes made on the defensive side of the ball have changed "some" thought patterns on the offensive side of the ball. That is good, in my opinion, just need to "work" on a few things that seem to have lingered for years, and always brings this type of post out. It is not "hate" it is all about improvement.

Good win in Little Rock. Believe that ogredawg predicted 12 point win. Know that I said two touchdowns, guess that is 12 points, not counting the extra point. Guess we are losing our grip, won by 13. Guess we have to improve also, just like we want to see improvement in our coaching, both sides of the ball.

Week of rest and we move on to whether or not we want to aid in the dismissal of Muschamp. Funny how things come back to their origin. Same Muschamp that took the gator job and low rated the University of Georgia, the university that gave him his chance to get to where he is. He is the one coach that I would never approve of returning to Athens. While I am a forgiving man, I also have the right to neglect those that have neglected me. Florida fans are in Foley's ear big time and it will only get louder. My opinion, Muschamp is a "position coach" he is not a head coach. We live, we learn . . . . hopefully, some do some don't.

Georgia, saw some great effort in Little Rock, would like to see the same effort and results of our first half against Arkansas in JAX. At this point it is not a question, lose to Georgia in JAX, unemployment line gets longer . . . . for "position coaches".

Edit: This is not something I said, picked it up from another site. A lot of this is being said about the game yesterday. Brings back memories of our recent past.

Georgia went into halftime possessing a 38-6 lead, but Georgia put on a second-half clinic on how not to hold on to a big lead. The Bulldogs offense came out of halftime flat, failing to score on each of its three third-quarter possessions after scoring every time it touched the ball in the first half.

Not being ugly, just shows that it is not only this board that says and thinks like the above bold paragraph. There seems to be a pattern that has developed.

Edit #2:“I think we’ve just got to do a better job of come out in the second half and not be content,” Mason said. “I don’t think we were content, just kind of laid of the gas a little bit. If you were to ask any of the coaches or maybe us, we didn’t really do as good as we could in the second half, but we found a way to win in the second half and that’s all that matters.”

What was said above in my opinion has to be addressed by the coaching staff, play calling in particular on a certain second half drive that in my opinion could have changed the outcome in a much different way.

We might also remember that the defense caused 4 turnovers, touchdown on one of the turnovers. I have been tough on #5, but yesterday he stepped up and played grown man football . . . . whatever that is. Damian Swann finally has a coach that got through to him and he played a great game. High fives to Damian Swann.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg

More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #63715 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Arkansas Game Day Thread
For those that care or have followed Muschamp's reign in Gainesville, Florida, below is "some" of what is being said down this way. Now there are "serious" conversations about retaining many of the recruits that have yet to sign the LOI.

Never has there been a lack of talent in the State of Florida. Comes down to what a coach does with the talent.

Realize this is primarily a Georgia board, but when an ex-player runs us down the way he did, we will see how long he lives by the words that came out of his mouth.

If we win in JAX, I for one hope that we do not "take our foot off of the gas". Mister nice guys we do not need to be. Don't think for a minute that Foley and anyone that he hires would ease up on Georgia. Foley's bread is buttered to the degree it is because he was kicking our butts for a long time and letting it be known that it would remain that way. Guess somewhere in the calculation he did something wrong. Maybe hiring Muschamp?

members.jacksonville.com/opinion/blog/40....com%3A+UF+Sports%29

And this . . . .
www.gainesville.com/article/20141018/columnists/141019557
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg

More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #63716 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic Arkansas Game Day Thread
Some of you guys are really mad about the 2nd half. Understandable.I am with you on that one.

I am on the fence. I see lots of good playing, then sloppy playing. Playing is as different as day and night. Ying and Yang. Up and Down. Do and Not Do.

I am attributing that to a team that is still figuring things out. When they play scrappy, they do good. When they try to hold exactly to he drill, maybe not so good. What exactly went wrong in the second half?

I am hopeful the good playing will over rule the other obstacles.

Still, to just get out of the box and try something different I think we should be drawing plays in the dirt during the huddle in times of intense pressure. Who knows better than the guys on the field?

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

9 years 6 months ago #63717 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Arkansas Game Day Thread
Great win....

A bit disheartening to see us play not to lose in the 2nd half and make it much more of a game than it ever should have been, but that's just who Mark Richt is, so whatever..... Going fast and hard scares him and he never misses a chance to get out of the throttle. Man just can't wait to apply the brakes....

We won.... that's all that matters about yesterday. I'll worry about Mark Richt's mangina tomorrow.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, yankeedawg1, DAWGtm

More
Time to create page: 0.053 seconds