Forum

Arkansas Game Day Thread

9 years 6 months ago #63706 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic Arkansas Game Day Thread
I watched the first half at the local watering hole. Awesome playing from the Dawgs. Then I ran an errand and ate at Cracker Barrel. Thank goodness I missed the 2nd half. I can look at the score and tell it went badly.

But ANOTHER WIN!! GO DAWGS!!

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 6 months ago #63707 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic Arkansas Game Day Thread
Awesome run D cover guys still need lots of work

Dumb penalties and once again we get a big lead and the Offense goes into play not to lose mode, just when I was about to give Bobo kudos his play calling reverts back to the same old same old in the 2nd half...I thought for sure we would see some of Ramsey with that lead but the 3rd qtr. squashed that thought quickly...

Over all not too bad but we have to get out of the play not to lose habit...

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

• ogredawg
  • ogredawg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 6 months ago #63708 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Arkansas Game Day Thread
You guys are not going to like me for this . . . . never win a NC with our head coach. Can't speak for the rest of the coaches, but I damn sure know this, someone better thank their lucky stars that Pruitt/Rocker and Company are on board.

It is late, watching the FSU defense, not the same as last season. They don't understand coverage.

Say this . . . . At some point we will have coaches that understand that when the other team is down, put them to sleep.

Great first half, guess that is enough.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, sadlerdawg, ogredawg

More
9 years 6 months ago #63709 by sflanagan21
Replied by sflanagan21 on topic Arkansas Game Day Thread
Buc, I disagree with you on never winning a NC with Richt, as a matter of fact I see it happening this season. I think we are working on something special right now in Athens. Mason has looked better in the last two games and in my opinion he has turned the corner and will only get better. I have been his worst critic and he is making me eat my crow and I have NO problem with that! I think our O is one the best in the Nation and we are missing Gurley and Michel. Our D is still a work in progress but even where they are right now I believe is enough to get us to the SEC ship easily. To get to the playoff's we need to get their with one loss and obviously win it. Our only hurdle is Auburn and as long as we keep our key players healthy then we have punchers chance. Our secondary needs to keep improving and I know they will under Pruitt. We can score with any team in the Nation right now and thats with out Gurley and Michel. We must tighten up things in our secondary or Marshall will make us pay in a big way. We get past Auburn then I think we are the team to beat.

I don't think there is one dominating team this year, at least not yet (we could very well be that team by the AU game). I see about 7 good teams and we are one of them. We are only getting better and with Michel coming back we are going to be hard to stop, not to mention that we are probably going to get a healthy and hungry Gurley back, plus Mitchell is going to come up big right when we need him too, oh yea and I Mac is always one step away from flipping a game. I don't even think Richt can mess this one up Buc. I'm being VERY optimistic but I think this could be the year...
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc

More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #63710 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic Arkansas Game Day Thread

sflanagan21 wrote: Buc, I disagree with you on never winning a NC with Richt, as a matter of fact I see it happening this season. I think we are working on something special right now in Athens. Mason has looked better in the last two games and in my opinion he has turned the corner and will only get better. I have been his worst critic and he is making me eat my crow and I have NO problem with that! I think our O is one the best in the Nation and we are missing Gurley and Michel. Our D is still a work in progress but even where they are right now I believe is enough to get us to the SEC ship easily. To get to the playoff's we need to get their with one loss and obviously win it. Our only hurdle is Auburn and as long as we keep our key players healthy then we have punchers chance. Our secondary needs to keep improving and I know they will under Pruitt. We can score with any team in the Nation right now and thats with out Gurley and Michel. We must tighten up things in our secondary or Marshall will make us pay in a big way. We get past Auburn then I think we are the team to beat.

I don't think there is one dominating team this year, at least not yet (we could very well be that team by the AU game). I see about 7 good teams and we are one of them. We are only getting better and with Michel coming back we are going to be hard to stop, not to mention that we are probably going to get a healthy and hungry Gurley back, plus Mitchell is going to come up big right when we need him too, oh yea and I Mac is always one step away from flipping a game. I don't even think Richt can mess this one up Buc. I'm being VERY optimistic but I think this could be the year...

I tend to disagree. Either Mississippi team will beat us and it will be 1 of the 2 plus Alabama, FSU or Notre Dame depending on the outcome of tonites game and Oregon for the NC. This UGA team is not a top 4 team...top 10 maybe but not top 4...

Like your optimism but it ain't going to happen this year

We will never win a NC as long as CMR is the HC....

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, sadlerdawg

• ogredawg
  • ogredawg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #63711 by sflanagan21
Replied by sflanagan21 on topic Arkansas Game Day Thread

ogredawg wrote:

sflanagan21 wrote: Buc, I disagree with you on never winning a NC with Richt, as a matter of fact I see it happening this season. I think we are working on something special right now in Athens. Mason has looked better in the last two games and in my opinion he has turned the corner and will only get better. I have been his worst critic and he is making me eat my crow and I have NO problem with that! I think our O is one the best in the Nation and we are missing Gurley and Michel. Our D is still a work in progress but even where they are right now I believe is enough to get us to the SEC ship easily. To get to the playoff's we need to get their with one loss and obviously win it. Our only hurdle is Auburn and as long as we keep our key players healthy then we have punchers chance. Our secondary needs to keep improving and I know they will under Pruitt. We can score with any team in the Nation right now and thats with out Gurley and Michel. We must tighten up things in our secondary or Marshall will make us pay in a big way. We get past Auburn then I think we are the team to beat.

I tend to disagree. Either Mississippi team will beat us and it will be 1 of the 2 plus Alabama, FSU or Notre Dame depending on the outcome of tonites game and Oregon for the NC. This UGA team is not a top 4 team...top 10 maybe but not top 4...

Like your optimism but it ain't going to happen this year

We will never win a NC as long as CMR is the HC....

Well it's a good thing they have to play the game on the field and not go off what the people on this board think! I'm out...
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg

More
Time to create page: 0.063 seconds