Forum

Arkansas Game Day Thread

9 years 6 months ago #63737 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Arkansas Game Day Thread

Buc wrote:

sadlerdawg wrote: True about winning out but my point is not putting teams away has haunted this program for years and if we continue to blow leads it will cause us to lose one we shouldn't. Glad we won but it seems silly to me to just shrug off a continuing problem that should be easily corrected and could mean the difference between a W and L.

Say again, why would Hutson Mason step up to the "mike" and suggest that we took our foot off of the gas.

Might be a dumb question on my part, just not understanding "situational". I know the meaning of the word, just not sure how that applies to keeping ones foot on the pedal. Does it mean that Mike Bobo said at halftime or soon thereafter to "back it down"? Call me confused on this one.

Reread my post 9623, that's what I meant by "situational". Imo pretty reasonable they could have a second half like they did with the 32 point lead even though I'm not "pleased" with what I saw.

They are 18-22 year old kids, they can lose focus for many reasons I eluded to....my opinion. Anyone that has played a sport has lost focus from time to time.

Just win

PVBDAWG

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #63738 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Arkansas Game Day Thread
dawgs_fans_dad posted: All that said, take the foot off the pedal against Auburn and.....

What an absolute perfect statement to the point of this conversation. Bet this, Gus Malzahn will not take his foot off of the pedal in Sanford Stadium. Gus is about getting back to "the game". He could give a hoot less about "style points".

We will have Auburn in our "house", that has to mean something. We have played in their "house" the past two seasons.

If I am allowed to look past the gators, will say this about Auburn. I believe that we have the necessary talent to win, period. Especially after watching Hutson Mason rid himself of the "demons" that he has been surrounded by for a long time.

Demons meaning this . . . . following AM, five years on campus, no starts until AM is injured. Press all over him from the beginning of the 2014 Season. That also applies somewhat to me and others on this board and other boards. Hard to talk about the "overall game" that any player has until the "saddle fits".

Watched Hutson Mason ground a couple of balls that made me question . . . . his manhood. Hutson Mason grew up in Little Rock, he in my mind is no longer possessed.

We have an offensive line that yesterday stood tall for their quarterback. When a good offensive line does that, answers many questions that sometimes seem to hang around and prevent quarterbacks from moving forward. Will say this . . . . I watched the Razorbacks offensive line give up yesterday in the first half. Much of that was because they could not figure out what Pruitt/Rocker and Company were doing. Defense provided the help needed for Hutson Mason and Nick Chubb and the entire offense to realize what they were capable of.

It is and always will be a "team sport". Look forward to watching what happens when the LOI's are delivered.

Yes, I believe that Will Friend speaking to Mark Richt about Jeremy Pruitt has changed the face of our program. Did not take Pruitt long to come up with his defensive line coach. Tracy Rocker is special, as are the other defensive coaches that believe in the defensive system being put in place.

Just a closing thingy . . . . mentioned a few times that I really like the way our right side of the offensive lines plays the game. There were "many" that were calling for Will Friend's head a short time back, seems now much of that is only a whisper. Have to say this, those Alabama boys understand football. I am damn sure a believer in Will Friend. Other person on this board that was all in with me on that was AllDawgs5. Friend of mine that played football in Lowndes County and for VD says the offensive lineman have total faith in Will Friend. Good enough for me.

More
9 years 6 months ago #63739 by DAWGtm
Replied by DAWGtm on topic Arkansas Game Day Thread

Buc wrote: yd1 posted: Also true throwing pick 6's will get you a L just as fast

That comment brings this thought to my head. Just a short time back Mike Bobo said to Hutson Mason . . . . let'er RIP. Mike Bobo said that Hutson Mason had to trust what he could do, and basically come out of his "shell".

Hutson Mason came out of his "shell" in Little Rock, did things with his arm that I did not think he could do. Good example of that. First pass to Conley was a beautifully thrown ball. Played the position, understand the difference in a "catchable pass" and those that take miracle efforts on the receiver to pull in. Football had "air" under it, as did several more tosses by Mason.

Why would we take that away from Hutson in the second half, especially when he had his "stuff" working beautifully? I say at this point it is more in the area of the offensive coordinator losing faith in what Hutson Mason could do, or take ones choice, maybe a lack of the necessary play calling. Everything underneath was open from the first series on.

Team plays scared, bad things can and do happen. This group of Bulldogs were first off, not afraid, and took control of the football field and the partisan crowd right away. In my mind, this game could have been over on the first series in the second half. Not blaming, just asking questions relating to what I watched in Little Rock.

Wouldn't it be great if we had a duel treat QB that could lead our team so when we are maintaining a lead teams can't just tee on our backs. Oh wait we do but I forgot about him because we never get to see him.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
9 years 6 months ago #63740 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Arkansas Game Day Thread
Might not be the place to post this, but you folks know me. :)

Some folks that I know are saying that Muschamp is going to leave on his own volition. Figure there will be a "buy out" and Muschamp will move on. Not sure that he will find a great place to start over right away.

Conversation is that many of the recruits are "looking around, and looking around for real".

If Muschamp had not been so "full" of himself, better things could have happened for him. Muschamp is a lot like the 17 to 23 year olds . . . . he has some maturing to do, and does not readily accept or understand "how things work" especially when sitting in the cat bird's seat.

Comes down to this . . . . Muschamp has to leave or Foley's stock drops, and it appears that the gators have already made their decision.

Folks down my way are saying things that they hate to say . . . . loss in JAX and FSU is going to force Foley's hand. Foley puts up a "big front" but holding a pair of deuces won't beat a pair of aces.

Muschamp has been through several offensive coordinators, and . . . .

Allow me this folks . . . . Many of the things that Will Muschamp said when arriving in Gainesville were said by an individual that "thought" he had a grip on everything "football". His problem, he did not have a grip on himself. Truth. Often I use the word "Leadership", also have said that it comes in a variety of ways, much like Heinz 57 Varieties. I am privileged to know folks that have "some" insight into high school and college football in the Sunshine State. If the changes are not made soon, sets the gator program back several "years".

Might want to remember what I am going to say now. Jeremy Foley has a "huge ego", much like the one that urban "liar' meyer has. Foley knew that the "liar" had to leave, much bad press was going to rise to the top, and the "liar" had made no friends in this state, especially the folks carrying press passes.

End with this. Georgia needs to stomp the hell out of the gators in JAX. Week off, get ready and remember, what is left of the gator football team wants to do one thing, beat Georgia. More so than FSU. Has to do with being a part of the SEC, and Will Muschamp, liar meyer and Jeremy Foley are getting what they deserve.

Anyone believe that Steve Spurrier, ole ball coach, SS will take his foot off of the pedal against the gators? Saturday, November the 15th in the "swamp" Foley will feel the animosity that SS has for him. SS wanted to return to Florida after leaving the Washington Redskins. One can only imagine what Spurrier could have done with the talent that the Sunshine State has, and quite frankly what he can do with "talent".
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
9 years 6 months ago #63741 by Dawg With Style
Replied by Dawg With Style on topic Arkansas Game Day Thread
Buc Turman is out for the season.

How Bout them Dawgs!!!!!!!

Ride it like you stole it

• Dawg With Style
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 6 months ago #63742 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Arkansas Game Day Thread

ogredawg wrote:

yankeedawg1 wrote: We all agree that a win is a win so that out of the way

We move on to none of us being happy with our play in the second half

Be sure to include our defense in allowing 26 points while only giving up 6

In the first half. Lets remember that Bama only scored 14 on that same Hog D the week before

Both Bama and us played the Hogs as a away game. BAMA at home vs TAM just saying

Also TAM might have been OR.

How many on this board would have taken bets that we would lead college football on

D. Take a ways in week 7

No question. Things to fix...... saying we could lose by going conservative is true

Also true throwing pick 6's will get you a L just as fast

Those who want to lead a race start to finsh once we got the ball for the first time that's

Exactly what we did...As big Al said just win..... what would the conversation here be

If we had lost by 3 like all the wizards predicted? Go Dawgs

3 and outs are what cost the D most of those 26 points 13 of them in the 3rd qtr. when we went 3 and out on 3 consecutive possessions...tired D comes back on the field is just that TIRED and really shakey in the cover department with no depth as well...no long drives is what we need, get the first downs and keep them off the field

, maybe that is why they lead in takeaways on the field due to our multiple 3 and outs...can't count on the O so lets get a turnover so we can get some REST :evil:

Here's a thought. Why didn't our D get 3 and outs too. Certainly not tired at the beginning of the 3rd qtr.

Besides, by mid season those players should be in good enough shape. They weren't tired, they just got beat and beat themselves with a lot of stupid penalties that gave Ark 1st downs.

Seems the blame always goes back to CMR/Bobo.......the D should step up, especially the front 7 that has all the depth we've been bragging about for weeks.

The D needs to take responsibility for itself.

PVBDAWG
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
Time to create page: 0.060 seconds