Forum

Arkansas Game Day Thread

9 years 5 months ago #63731 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Arkansas Game Day Thread
We all agree that a win is a win so that out of the way

We move on to none of us being happy with our play in the second half

Be sure to include our defense in allowing 26 points while only giving up 6

In the first half. Lets remember that Bama only scored 14 on that same Hog D the week before

Both Bama and us played the Hogs as a away game. BAMA at home vs TAM just saying

Also TAM might have been OR.

How many on this board would have taken bets that we would lead college football on

D. Take a ways in week 7

No question. Things to fix...... saying we could lose by going conservative is true

Also true throwing pick 6's will get you a L just as fast

Those who want to lead a race start to finsh once we got the ball for the first time that's

Exactly what we did...As big Al said just win..... what would the conversation here be

If we had lost by 3 like all the wizards predicted? Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, DAWGtm

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 5 months ago #63732 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Arkansas Game Day Thread

sadlerdawg wrote: True about winning out but my point is not putting teams away has haunted this program for years and if we continue to blow leads it will cause us to lose one we shouldn't. Glad we won but it seems silly to me to just shrug off a continuing problem that should be easily corrected and could mean the difference between a W and L.

Say again, why would Hutson Mason step up to the "mike" and suggest that we took our foot off of the gas.

Might be a dumb question on my part, just not understanding "situational". I know the meaning of the word, just not sure how that applies to keeping ones foot on the pedal. Does it mean that Mike Bobo said at halftime or soon thereafter to "back it down"? Call me confused on this one.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DAWGtm, dawgs_fans_dad

More
9 years 5 months ago #63733 by dawgs_fans_dad
Replied by dawgs_fans_dad on topic Arkansas Game Day Thread

Buc wrote:

sadlerdawg wrote: True about winning out but my point is not putting teams away has haunted this program for years and if we continue to blow leads it will cause us to lose one we shouldn't. Glad we won but it seems silly to me to just shrug off a continuing problem that should be easily corrected and could mean the difference between a W and L.

Say again, why would Hutson Mason step up to the "mike" and suggest that we took our foot off of the gas.

Might be a dumb question on my part, just not understanding "situational". I know the meaning of the word, just not sure how that applies to keeping ones foot on the pedal. Does it mean that Mike Bobo said at halftime or soon thereafter to "back it down"? Call me confused on this one.

I've got one foot in both camps. Got the W good. Disappointed in the second half. Especially the 26 points.

Remember that a lot of folks had the 'dawgs at 4-3 and planning another trip to Orlando, or worse, after Mizzou and Arky.

All that said, take the foot off the pedal against Auburn and.....
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
9 years 5 months ago #63734 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Arkansas Game Day Thread
yd1 posted: Also true throwing pick 6's will get you a L just as fast

That comment brings this thought to my head. Just a short time back Mike Bobo said to Hutson Mason . . . . let'er RIP. Mike Bobo said that Hutson Mason had to trust what he could do, and basically come out of his "shell".

Hutson Mason came out of his "shell" in Little Rock, did things with his arm that I did not think he could do. Good example of that. First pass to Conley was a beautifully thrown ball. Played the position, understand the difference in a "catchable pass" and those that take miracle efforts on the receiver to pull in. Football had "air" under it, as did several more tosses by Mason.

Why would we take that away from Hutson in the second half, especially when he had his "stuff" working beautifully? I say at this point it is more in the area of the offensive coordinator losing faith in what Hutson Mason could do, or take ones choice, maybe a lack of the necessary play calling. Everything underneath was open from the first series on.

Team plays scared, bad things can and do happen. This group of Bulldogs were first off, not afraid, and took control of the football field and the partisan crowd right away. In my mind, this game could have been over on the first series in the second half. Not blaming, just asking questions relating to what I watched in Little Rock.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ogredawg, dawgs_fans_dad

More
9 years 5 months ago #63735 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Arkansas Game Day Thread
Just win any way you can to get to the dance. As was said before, style points are pretty much irrelevant, take care of business and win the SEC and you're IN.

Then "go for it".

PVBDAWG

More
9 years 5 months ago #63736 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic Arkansas Game Day Thread

yankeedawg1 wrote: We all agree that a win is a win so that out of the way

We move on to none of us being happy with our play in the second half

Be sure to include our defense in allowing 26 points while only giving up 6

In the first half. Lets remember that Bama only scored 14 on that same Hog D the week before

Both Bama and us played the Hogs as a away game. BAMA at home vs TAM just saying

Also TAM might have been OR.

How many on this board would have taken bets that we would lead college football on

D. Take a ways in week 7

No question. Things to fix...... saying we could lose by going conservative is true

Also true throwing pick 6's will get you a L just as fast

Those who want to lead a race start to finsh once we got the ball for the first time that's

Exactly what we did...As big Al said just win..... what would the conversation here be

If we had lost by 3 like all the wizards predicted? Go Dawgs

3 and outs are what cost the D most of those 26 points 13 of them in the 3rd qtr. when we went 3 and out on 3 consecutive possessions...tired D comes back on the field is just that TIRED and really shakey in the cover department with no depth as well...no long drives is what we need, get the first downs and keep them off the field, maybe that is why they lead in takeaways on the field due to our multiple 3 and outs...can't count on the O so lets get a turnover so we can get some REST :evil:

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

• ogredawg
  • ogredawg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.053 seconds