Heading to Costa Rica!

Safe trip, great trip DWS. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dawg With Style

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 6 months ago #63689 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic Arkansas Game Day Thread
Use the strategy you use on real hogs.
Fighting hogs is difficult. But you have to remember they are not agile. A Bulldawg they should hunker down then go for the legs. If you can keep hold of them you can bring the hog down. Once on the ground and a few other bulldawgs arrive the rest is easy.

Go Dawgs!!! Eat Ham!!!

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, sadlerdawg

9 years 6 months ago #63690 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Arkansas Game Day Thread
Looking around the internet, same theme seems to keep popping up. Arkansas, tough, bad boys.

When I look at both sides of the ball, whether our offense against their defense or just the reverse, I don't see anything that leads me to believe that they have more talent, as much talent, or as much depth.

I believe this and can back it up. Has been said many times on this board by many of the older members . . . . team takes on the attitude of the head coach. No, this is not bashing Mark Richt. Richt/Bobo run the offense, Pruitt/Rocker and Company run the defense. Period.

Special Teams have changed thus far, hope it continues. What happened to change the way our Special Teams came around and show much improvement? Coaching change.

Backing up the above statement. When Arkansas was lead by Petrino, they moved the ball through the air for the most part. Bielema is basically the opposite of Petrino. He is a ground pounder. Yes, he throws the ball but . . . . check Bielema's coaching background, nothing going on in Arkansas that he did not do in Wisconsin. Thing about Bielema coaching in the SEC, he "has" to toss the ball, ground pounding exclusively, takes a lot of talent and "depth". Arkansas can throw the football. Do seem to remember a quarterback that left North Carolina State and signed on with Wisconsin. Basically a "triple option quarterback". Now he wears the Super Bowl Ring, representing Seattle.

Same can be said for Georgia. Check our game plans over the years, not much has changed. That is the way this offensive coaching group coaches. Some "wild dawg" has recently shown up, but that is the exception to the rule.

We have the talent (again) just hope that both sides of the ball do their jobs. Long time before 4 p.m., so there will be other games that will get my attention.

Go Dawgs, Coach'em up!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg

More
9 years 6 months ago #63691 by sflanagan21
Replied by sflanagan21 on topic Arkansas Game Day Thread
This game will not be for the faint of heart! There will be nothing "pretty" about this game as far as today's standards go. Line it up a see who has more heart and grit! Personally I freaking love old school smash mouth football. The toughest team will win this game!

Let's feed CHUBB and when he is winded lets give them a dose of Douglas who is built for these games. Let's not forget about Hicks and Blaze either.

GO DAWGS

More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #63692 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Arkansas Game Day Thread
sflanagan21, don't know if you are aware of crew working the game today. Earlier this week had posted my vote against Penn Wagers. Sometimes I get what I wish for, just need an extended "wish list". Remember Vanderbilt last season?

Looking forward to this game for sure. What is it that Wartdawg says . . . . no excuses.

www.macon.com/2014/10/18/3370751_pregame...t-arkansas.html?rh=1

More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #63693 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic Arkansas Game Day Thread
I can't see the game without a "TV Provider" aka Cable TV, account. I am in ATT area but they won't send Uverse to my house because I am down a dirt road and have an inferior wire running to my house. anyway... I have a high speed connection to the Internet.

On the first SEC-ESPN Network broadcast they had an ESPN feed separate from the one on cable. It fed to the Internet and was the hover cam with no announcer. It was a great POV camera. I listened on the radio. I wish I could see that again.

Otherwise, I need a cable provider login and password for "any" cable system and I can see it on the SEC=ESPN Channel on the Internet.

Or go to the local watering hole that has cable.

Any ideas how to see the game today?

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.

Time to create page: 0.078 seconds