Forum

The Dawgs and chickens

9 years 7 months ago #62452 by TN Dawg
Replied by TN Dawg on topic The Dawgs and chickens
I think SC may be a little worried about the game Saturday. They called in reinforcements!

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, wlayton, Buc, sflanagan21

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #62453 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic The Dawgs and chickens
Great photo TN Dawg.

Along with the photo thought it appropriate to post the following link. Gets down to the nitty gritty in areas that needed to be looked at and acted on.

We have heard Spurrier speak many times in the past three years about his/their accomplishments of 11 win seasons. Read the following, might hold some clues as to why . . . .

www.fieldstforum.com/2014/09/11/socrates...and-certain-decline/

More
9 years 7 months ago #62454 by NC_Dawg
Replied by NC_Dawg on topic The Dawgs and chickens

wlayton wrote: Keep those safeties alert, Thompson tends to over throw his WR's.

When he misses, he usually misses high.

Pretty good assessment written here >>> Pressure that QB !!!!!

Further validating wlayton insight!....USCe will need to pass to free up room for Davis to run. Pruitt needs to have multiple schemes to confuse Thompson and bring the heat!!!

I see turnovers as a major factor in this game. If we force errors and create turnovers, we win.....perhaps decidedly!....If we fall victim to errors and turnovers, it will be a long, loud afternoon in Cola!

GO DAWGS!!!!! GATA !!!!!

"My advice to you is to start drinking heavily." - Bluto
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, sflanagan21

More
9 years 7 months ago #62455 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic The Dawgs and chickens
Team looking good... Just go play ball and stick to the plan. GATA! Go Dawgs!

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton

9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #62458 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic The Dawgs and chickens
"The Game" will have an incredible amount of viewers Saturday. CBS was smart in its decision to retain certain games to be played in the SEC. CBS did not allow a "total takeover" by Disney. In my mind, that is a very good thing.

Point. NFL has an incredible amount of control over a game that relies on support from you and I. If you are one that likes that, ok. Have always liked diversity, or in football terms . . . . change the play called at the line of scrimmage.

Many times losses are blamed on play calling. Many times that is justified. I try to think in this direction . . . . play calling happens on "both sides" of the football.

Believe the recent thinking, last three or so years, after Willie Martinez anyway, the finger pointing has moved in the direction of the defense. Don't know how many folks have seen this comparison, worth taking a look at.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lifted from The Blawg House

UGA vs. Clemson
Stats: 2013 (Grantham) | 2014 (Pruitt)
* = better statistics
•Points Allowed: 38 | 21*
•Total Yards Allowed: 467 yards | 291 yards*
•Rush Yards Allowed: 197 yards | 88 yards*
•Pass Yards Allowed: 270 yards | 203 yards*
•Interceptions: 0 | 1*
•Tackles for Loss: 6 | 9*
•Tackle for Loss Yards: 7 yards | 45 yards*
•Sacks: 1 | 5*
•Sack Yards: 1 yard | 38 yards*
•Passes Broken Up: 3 | 5*
•QB Hurries: 3 | 17*
•Fumbles Forced: 0 | 1*
•First Downs: 21 | 15*
•3rd Down Conversions: 7/16 | 7/21*
•3rd Down Conversion %: 43.75% | 33.33%*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Have read many posts from all over the internet that we have to play a great defensive game. Anyone that reads this board knows that there are several of us that have said over and over for an SEC team to compete, defense has to be played. If I were on the South Carolina side of the football, can only imagine how much their defense has to be prepared to do on Saturday.

From where I sit, and this is based on one game having been played in 2014, I see a "different coaching philosophy" not only coming from Pruitt/Rocker and Company, it has also been picked up by Mark Richt. Say this again . . . . when is the last time or the first time any of us have heard Richt use language like "fist fight"? To me, those are "two telling words".

Much of what I have posted and read on this board has centered on Mark Richt. It is his place in Athens to be a leader, both on and off the field. Coaching philosophies change, just like play calls change from team to team.

This group of coaches in Athens are basically a "new team". Saturday we will find out just how far we have progressed with the "attitude changes" that appear to be taking hold in the Classic City. Attitude changes not only on the coaching staff, players got the message before the first game in 2014 was played.

Much going on in my mind and have to say this again . . . . there is a reason that I have Erk as my avatar. Buc loves defense.

Edit: I have a question. Where and what is going on with #88 Toby Johnson?
Heard nothing but talk coming out of the preseason about Toby being "all that". Has he given up or are the others that much better than him? Things that I watch, pay attention to. Anyone have "real answers" as to what is going on with #88?
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, wlayton, sflanagan21

More
9 years 7 months ago #62461 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic The Dawgs and chickens
Thank you CBS!!!!!

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.

Time to create page: 0.123 seconds