Forum

The Dawgs and chickens

9 years 7 months ago #62429 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic The Dawgs and chickens
Buc, I also like "refuse to lose".....especially if you aren't "on" or having your best day.

Fight, scratch, claw, bite, bow your neck and find a way to win.

PVBDAWG
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 7 months ago #62430 by dawgs_fans_dad
Replied by dawgs_fans_dad on topic The Dawgs and chickens
I'm not going to give them the kiss of death by making a prediction, but based on the Clemson game I feel better about this tough SEC road game than most because:

-stupid penalties were practically nonexistent
-tackling was improved
-special teams light years better than in recent seasons and were actually an asset vs the Tigers

Keep doing each of those and the talent comes to the fore. Then I like the 'dawgs chances.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, Buc

More
9 years 7 months ago #62431 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic The Dawgs and chickens

dawgs_fans_dad wrote: I'm not going to give them the kiss of death by making a prediction, but based on the Clemson game I feel better about this tough SEC road game than most because:

-stupid penalties were practically nonexistent
-tackling was improved
-special teams light years better than in recent seasons and were actually an asset vs the Tigers

Keep doing each of those and the talent comes to the fore. Then I like the 'dawgs chances.

Geez....hope you didn't just give them the "kiss of death" in those three areas you mentioned.... :laugh: :laugh: :unsure: :woohoo: ;)

(just kidding of course)

PVBDAWG
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, dawgs_fans_dad

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #62432 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic The Dawgs and chickens
dawgs_fans_dad, guess I am on board with you about predicting scores. Something that I have not done a lot of in the past. But, other side of that coin, maybe I am having a "scary moment".

Been around and watched many games that we have been involved in over several years. Do believe that we have had a couple of opportunities in the past 13/14 years to reach a higher level.

If we come out of Columbia with a win, going to be a huge boost for our recruiting. Realize that we are and have been recruiting very good players in the past, this game somehow makes me think that we move closer to some universities in the SEC that we have been "chasing" for too long.

Talking heads are really playing us up big in the media. So be it. If we add this "W" against South Carolina, think the "talking heads" might continue to walk in that lane. Very important recruiting tool.

Have to say this . . . . urban meyer has lost some traction. That is good. Good friend of mine that I have mentioned on this board before, big in the insurance business, one of those supporters of Ohio State that said to me right after urban left Florida and moved his "stuff" to Ohio . . . . National Championship in two years. Yesterday he said that losing the quarterback cost urban and the Buckeyes this season a chance to be in the final four. I go with the statement that Wartdawg has made many times here . . . . No excuses.

Back to South Carolina. Here is hoping that Spurrier has something to blame the "loss" on.

Win this game, there is no ceiling for recruiting talent that will find its way to the Classic City. Have I mentioned McClendon lately? ;)

Also like the statement NC_Dawg made about "conditioning". We will see. I do believe that we have the "depth factor" covered when looking at the two rosters. NC_Dawg said above . . . . TAM uncovered their conditioning weakness, we need to exploit this reality. That is football talk.
The following user(s) said Thank You: NC_Dawg, wlayton, DAWGtm, sflanagan21

More
9 years 7 months ago #62433 by TN Dawg
Replied by TN Dawg on topic The Dawgs and chickens
Cola (as they call it) has never been nice to the Dawgs. The visor will have something a little extra for UGA. He hates us so I look for this to be a dogfight. I am in the 27 - 17 or the 24 - 20 camp. Dawgs hang on to win.

Feel their D will be focused on keeping Gurley under 100. Just don't see how they can stop everyone. Have to give the advantage to their receivers if our DBs don't play the ball. They will not score often, but will strike fast.
HM must play his game and be in control and not get rattled. No breakdowns on special teams and no drive ending penalties will be key.

That being said, wouldn't it be great to see the first two conference opponents hang 50 on the chickens in their stadium! SOS would go BALLISTIC.

Go Dawgs! GATA
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton

More
9 years 7 months ago #62434 by sflanagan21
Replied by sflanagan21 on topic The Dawgs and chickens
Buc, I would love to see I Mac get the ball in open space (bubble screen) and let him do his thing, kid is wicked fast! I would also dial up a play action streak or two for I Mac considering we really don't have much of a deep threat game right now. I think we should start out running the fastest up tempo we have ever ran and mix up the play calling to keep the Cocks guessing and on their heals. The worst case scenario for us and HM is to start out vanilla with 2 or 3 three and outs! I would also pound some B Douglas down their throats on occasion, fresh legs can do damage when the D is on their heals!

We all knew our D was going to be better this year but what I didn't realize was just how physical they were going to be. Go back and watch the Clemson game and you will see some kids playing with swagger, confidence and attitude! I think we are watching a very good balanced team that may just run the table this year if we can keep Gurley healthy. I maybe sipping from the Kool-Aid a lil bit but it's VERY hard to deny the talent on both sides of the ball and if we can stay healthy, don't turn the ball over, play average special teams then I think we are going to be a very hard team to beat.

The past 3 seasons I have been singing the praise that this is our year. Everyone on this board knows how much talent we have had over the past 5-7 years but there was always something keeping us out of the ship. This year is different and if you can't feel it then you aren't following the same team as I am. CMR is not satisfied with our performance against Clemson, CMR referring to the USC game as what could become a "bloody fistfight". Like others on here have said, there is a change in "attitude" with this team. We all know where that came from, Pruitt and company have brought a much needed change to UGA and with this talent I honestly believe we are witnessing a "total package" team this year! Pruitt is one of those dudes that is never satisfied, how else can you explain the move from FSU to UGA. He is wired different and he strives off of getting the very best out of his kids and no matter the outcome he will tell you to your face that you still have to get better! That type of attitude is contagious fellows just ask CMR...

GO DAWGS
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, Buc

More
Time to create page: 0.085 seconds