Forum

The Dawgs and chickens

9 years 7 months ago #62463 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic The Dawgs and chickens

stevedawg wrote: Thank you CBS!!!!!

Steve, I have always been a believer that some folks get too big for their britches, have to be taken down a peg or two.

Strong possibility that whether the following statement is true or not, this is what I believe.

grantham and Richt had a conversation prior to the Louisville jump. The relationship had no chance of surviving in Athens. I want to think that Mark Richt grew leaps and bounds after the parting of ways. We will get a good glimpse of how effective the coaching changes actually were Saturday.

I do not believe that South Carolina has our depth. Big factor in todays game. I also believe that South Carolina is a better football team than they showed against TAM. Loss to Georgia, might need an armed guard to get out of town. Glad the game is starting earlier.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #62464 by Dawg With Style
Replied by Dawg With Style on topic The Dawgs and chickens
Tried to paste this but couln't so glad Gurley stuck with football and didn't do basketball.

Hey Buc think Gurley would of been a good basketball player?

b.bm324.com/public/?q=ulink&fn=Link&ssid...VBIQfw.VBIQfw.f5KTZA

How Bout them Dawgs!!!!!!!

Ride it like you stole it

• Dawg With Style
  • Dawg With Style's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 7 months ago #62465 by Buc
Dawg With Style, Gurley in my mind is cut from the same cloth as Walker. These two can do anything that they put their minds to.

Example of that is Walker in the ring. More to that than just climbing in and kicking butt. There are hurdles in that sport as well as football. Technique means a lot, used with power, we come up with a champion.

Bringing another name into this post, Jay Rome. Lots of talent, but what he did not realize was that his talent was better suited for college football. Came to Athens, wanted to play two sports, and did. Basketball at the college level was not JR's calling. Often I have wished that he had signed on to play football only. Maybe this season he will "break out". I am on his side, not sure that professional football is his calling . . . . unless he applies himself to where it is his body will perform at a high level. If Jay has his head screwed on, finally . . . . with Hutson Mason at quarterback, Jay Rome could and should put up big numbers. NFL likes big numbers.

Sorry, as I often do, get off on "things".

Todd Gurley is in his final year at Georgia. He will be a high draft pick in the next draft. Gurley reminds me of Marshawn Lynch of the Seattle Seahawks. Difference between the two, size, speed, both love the game. Would love to see Gurley end up with either Atlanta Falcons or Tampa Bay. Neither one of the two clubs would pass over him if they had a chance.

Your question was . . . . Basketball. Only round ball that he will play will be in the driveway. His due diligence and love for football will pay incredible dividends for Todd.

Allow me this. Many bloggers want to see Gurley carry the ball too many times in a game. I am very happy that he does not have to do that at Georgia. This cat with lungs full of air in the third and fourth quarters . . . . Superman. True statement . . . . Every team in the NFL knows what Gurley can do, and they also like his lack of a rap sheet. I said that. Some lead, some follow, Todd Gurley is a leader.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, Dawg With Style

More
9 years 7 months ago #62466 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic The Dawgs and chickens
We want TG here in Jax....we need him the most. :( :woohoo: :woohoo:

PVBDAWG

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #62467 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic The Dawgs and chickens

Buc wrote: "The Game" will have an incredible amount of viewers Saturday. CBS was smart in its decision to retain certain games to be played in the SEC. CBS did not allow a "total takeover" by Disney. In my mind, that is a very good thing.

Point. NFL has an incredible amount of control over a game that relies on support from you and I. If you are one that likes that, ok. Have always liked diversity, or in football terms . . . . change the play called at the line of scrimmage.

Many times losses are blamed on play calling. Many times that is justified. I try to think in this direction . . . . play calling happens on "both sides" of the football.

Believe the recent thinking, last three or so years, after Willie Martinez anyway, the finger pointing has moved in the direction of the defense. Don't know how many folks have seen this comparison, worth taking a look at.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lifted from The Blawg House

UGA vs. Clemson
Stats: 2013 (Grantham) | 2014 (Pruitt)
* = better statistics
•Points Allowed: 38 | 21*
•Total Yards Allowed: 467 yards | 291 yards*
•Rush Yards Allowed: 197 yards | 88 yards*
•Pass Yards Allowed: 270 yards | 203 yards*
•Interceptions: 0 | 1*
•Tackles for Loss: 6 | 9*
•Tackle for Loss Yards: 7 yards | 45 yards*
•Sacks: 1 | 5*
•Sack Yards: 1 yard | 38 yards*
•Passes Broken Up: 3 | 5*
•QB Hurries: 3 | 17*
•Fumbles Forced: 0 | 1*
•First Downs: 21 | 15*
•3rd Down Conversions: 7/16 | 7/21*
•3rd Down Conversion %: 43.75% | 33.33%*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Have read many posts from all over the internet that we have to play a great defensive game. Anyone that reads this board knows that there are several of us that have said over and over for an SEC team to compete, defense has to be played. If I were on the South Carolina side of the football, can only imagine how much their defense has to be prepared to do on Saturday.

From where I sit, and this is based on one game having been played in 2014, I see a "different coaching philosophy" not only coming from Pruitt/Rocker and Company, it has also been picked up by Mark Richt. Say this again . . . . when is the last time or the first time any of us have heard Richt use language like "fist fight"? To me, those are "two telling words".

Much of what I have posted and read on this board has centered on Mark Richt. It is his place in Athens to be a leader, both on and off the field. Coaching philosophies change, just like play calls change from team to team.

This group of coaches in Athens are basically a "new team". Saturday we will find out just how far we have progressed with the "attitude changes" that appear to be taking hold in the Classic City. Attitude changes not only on the coaching staff, players got the message before the first game in 2014 was played.

Much going on in my mind and have to say this again . . . . there is a reason that I have Erk as my avatar. Buc loves defense.

Edit: I have a question. Where and what is going on with #88 Toby Johnson?
Heard nothing but talk coming out of the preseason about Toby being "all that". Has he given up or are the others that much better than him? Things that I watch, pay attention to. Anyone have "real answers" as to what is going on with #88?

Neither he nor Chris Mayes are playing as much as last year. It goes to show how DEEP the DL is.

PVBDAWG
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, Dawg With Style

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #62468 by Buc

wlayton wrote: We want TG here in Jax....we need him the most. :( :woohoo: :woohoo:

Pair Gurley up with Blake Bortles, much could change in JAX. Tough loss last week wlayton.

Edit: Meant to add that Chris Mayes is not seeing a lot of playing time.

wlayton, believe that is the way that Rocker wants it to be. They either step up or step out. I like the direction we are moving, just needed what it appears we have.

Watched some film on Georgia/South Carolina little while ago. If we hold onto the ball, no reason to lose this game, not even in Columbia. Spurrier knows that he has to try and beat us deep as you have suggested earlier, that might be a fatal mistake.

Gurley was being spied on by Clowney in 2013. They don't have anyone with his talent on the defensive line this season.

Paid close attention to our offensive line in that game, they were not bad, but they were not good. Thinking we have one more offensive lineman heading our way, that is going to be awesome.

Have to say this . . . . Keep the new "bad ass" coaches in Athens, this could be an ongoing thingy. Something is "different".
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton

More
Time to create page: 0.056 seconds