Forum

Clemson Game Day Thread

9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #62214 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic Clemson Game Day Thread
One thing that caught my eye was the speed LB's like Reggie Carter and to some extent Ramik Wilson along with Kimbrough were covering more and running sideline to sideline a lot less...freeing up Herrera, Floyd and Jenkins to do their thing which was stay in the Clemson backfield most of the second half. No one would have predicted that Herrera would have 2 sacks last night 14 tackles maybe but not count them 2 sacks...

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• ogredawg
  • ogredawg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 7 months ago #62215 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Clemson Game Day Thread

ogredawg wrote: One thing that caught my eye was the speed LB's like Reggie Carter and to some extent Ramik Wilson along with Kimbrough were covering more and running sideline to sideline a lot less...freeing up Herrera, Floyd and Jenkins to do their thing witch was stay in the Clemson backfield most of the second half. No would have predicted that Herrera would have 2 sacks last night 14 tackles maybe but not count them 2 sacks...

ogredawg understand that you have been in Reggie Carter's camp since the beginning. He is one hell of a football player, maybe JMHO, but know that you and I are in the same camp on Reggie.

Cannot remember when I could discuss a first, second or third team player getting on the field. Actually never. Goes way back, past my memory bank.

Damn, have to say this . . . . How did all of this "stuff" come about? Playing young puppies that sit on the bench before Pruitt/Rocker, then when they "ripen" they can play. I call it the grantham "know how". Just give him a "towel" and all will be OK. Short timer in Louisville, take that to the BANK.

Just asking, some of the comments that I "read elsewhere" tend to show their "football understanding".

Look, our team, University of Georgia has immense talent, no different than teams before them. Someone has to get "their attention" if "you and I" want to be "high fiving" someone in Athens has to wake up and take control.

Any suggestions?
The following user(s) said Thank You: bulldawg36869, yankeedawg1

More
9 years 7 months ago #62217 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Clemson Game Day Thread
I don't think anyone saw this complete take over of the game coming

7 and half points the money felt we would win by 2 scores

World new TG was the best back in college ball when healthy

But...how our coaches used him was a game plan well designed and executed

This was made possible by depth all across our team

Our line play on both sides of the ball was better than we have seen in years

This is only the first game for this group of players and coaches

I do not think we are going to spend the next 2 weeks patting ourselves on the back

Said before practice like everything else has a new meaning in Athens

We saw it for real Saturday me thinks the results did show on the field

Don't see us backing down from the chickens. True TG is on a mission, has a band of brothers

With him to help. Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, Buc

More
9 years 7 months ago #62218 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic Clemson Game Day Thread

Buc wrote:

ogredawg wrote: One thing that caught my eye was the speed LB's like Reggie Carter and to some extent Ramik Wilson along with Kimbrough were covering more and running sideline to sideline a lot less...freeing up Herrera, Floyd and Jenkins to do their thing witch was stay in the Clemson backfield most of the second half. No would have predicted that Herrera would have 2 sacks last night 14 tackles maybe but not count them 2 sacks...

ogredawg understand that you have been in Reggie Carter's camp since the beginning. He is one hell of a football player, maybe JMHO, but know that you and I are in the same camp on Reggie.

Cannot remember when I could discuss a first, second or third team player getting on the field. Actually never. Goes way back, past my memory bank.

Damn, have to say this . . . . How did all of this "stuff" come about? Playing young puppies that sit on the bench before Pruitt/Rocker, then when they "ripen" they can play. I call it the grantham "know how". Just give him a "towel" and all will be OK. Short timer in Louisville, take that to the BANK.

Just asking, some of the comments that I "read elsewhere" tend to show their "football understanding".

Look, our team, University of Georgia has immense talent, no different than teams before them. Someone has to get "their attention" if "you and I" want to be "high fiving" someone in Athens has to wake up and take control.

Any suggestions?

Starts at the top Buc... but the money is doing the talking in College sports today

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

• ogredawg
  • ogredawg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #62220 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Clemson Game Day Thread
Might be wrong, but it appears to me that the meeting that was asked for by Bobo and Pruitt facing Richt was a serious beginning in leadership.

Mark Richt said something after the game that impressed me . . . . gave Pruitt and the defensive crew a high five, did not take credit for what happened the entire day. Has been said here more than once that Richt needs to take care of the things that he does best, leave "other" things to those that are paid to do certain tasks.

Have not seen an injury report thus far, maybe we escaped with minor stuff. All of us know that injuries, especially serious injuries happen more frequently when a player is tired. Here is hoping that we continue to build depth.

ogredawg, really like Reggie Carter, and you described the linebacker play expertly. Comment about freeing the front group to go about the business of playing winning football, spot on. Believe this will continue.

Practice the next couple of weeks, looking for the defense and offense to add a few more wrinkles, defense especially. Young pups seemed to understand what the coaches wanted on defense. Pruitt said one step at a time, might be time for the second step.

Also picked up on the comment from the commentators about Jeremy Pruitt being a "hot item" in the coaching ranks. Short time to get a lot done, Pruitt will not remain as an assistant too long. Should not bring money into the picture but, making several million versus less than one million, not too hard to figure. Pruitt loves teaching football, but a "dummy" he is not.

wlayton, Kimbrough is going to be heard from. Lined the "dude" up perfectly and brought the package.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton

More
9 years 7 months ago #62221 by sadlerdawg
Replied by sadlerdawg on topic Clemson Game Day Thread

yankeedawg1 wrote: World new TG was the best back in college ball when healthy

But...how our coaches used him was a game plan well designed and executed

I just don't believe the way Gurley was used was a plan...there were just too many series and plays in the first half when bobo passed instead of ran. We should be a run first team any time, but especially with the backs we have and what is essentially a first year starter at QB. I think it just took a half of football for bobo to realize what everyone else watching knew should happen. RUN,RUN, RUN!!!! If not Gurley, use the others. Even Chubb and Michel were ripping yards at will in the second half. If we ran more in the first half, we would have scored more than 21, and they would have scored less.
That being said, Great win. Loved the 2nd half. Just think there are teams on our schedule that we may not dominate in the 2nd half like we did and taking as much of a lead into halftime that we can will be helpful, IMO.

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, ogredawg

More
Time to create page: 0.052 seconds