Forum

Clemson Game Day Thread

9 years 7 months ago #62203 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Clemson Game Day Thread

kentdaddy wrote: That interception was simply fantastic. It happened so quickly I could not believe it.

View that I had kentdaddy was not clear in my mind, first time. Replay and slowing it down on the DVR, ain't no spit, Davis was reading the quarterback all the way. Brother, that is football. SEC Football, here is hoping that we have joined the "SEC" on the defensive side. Good to see you back, no BS, just as it is, your way of "bringing it".

There is another young man from South Florida that was on campus yesterday, hoping that we can move him away from FSU. JHC type without the "self stuff". Keeping my fingers crossed. Know that McClendon has worked hard trying to get him to Athens.

Say again, pay McClendon, he is more than worth the price of admission. Next two or three years, others are going to come "calling" for more than "half" of our coaches.

Great thing that now we "are" going to build an indoor facility. Indoor facility is meaningless without the "coaching team" that enables us to put players like we have now in there to practice. Don't messy up again "Group". Takes years to build up this type of "interest". I said that. Actually, getting a bit "tired" of saying that.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #62204 by growl
Replied by growl on topic Clemson Game Day Thread
Noticed that Aaron Davis took a bad angle on the first long pass play and missed the tackle, quick learner, did'nt do it again and showed why he deserved to be in the game. This was a tale of two games, I think the DAWGS are in reality more like the second half, but, may lapse into their play of the first half for short periods of time. The emotion in that game was electrifying. GO DAWGS!! It's good to be a DAWG!

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #62206 by Buc

growl wrote: Noticed that Aaron Davis took a bad angle on the first long pass play and missed the tackle, quick learner, did'nt do it again and showed why he deserved to be in the game. This was a tale of two games, I think the DAWGS are in reality more like the second half, but, may lapse into their play of the first half for short periods of time. The emotion in that game was electrifying. GO DAWGS!!

growl, surprised me that Clemson did get the football over our heads. Know that Pruitt wants the football in front of his defenders. Also noticed that he was playing a lot of three(3)deep in the game. This group knows what they want. Watching Alabama and West Virginia yesterday, guarantee here is that Nick Saban would love to have Jeremy Pruitt back.

There will be Saturdays when all does not come together as a unit, but it will only get better as we move along. I did not say that first, many on this board have said that.

Wonder how many of us thought that we would "shut Clemson down" in the second half? Think about that, I have. Some have said on this board and others that we would probably be better after the first half of the year. Can't argue that. If we are (I have percentages before) 10 or 20% better in the second half of the 2014 Season . . . . might be a good defensive football team . . . . me thinks.

Thing now is the coaches need to step aside, meaning pp on the press. Press like "Pouty" that is always looking for something out of the ordinary. Anyone notice that Pruitt and Bobo did not meet with "Pouty" after the game? Guess that puts some of the press in our boots/cleats. Have to actually bring something for all to read that is not coming from an "interview with privileges provided".

Two weeks from now all of us will know a lot more about our football team. Rest could be good or . . . . find out if everyone wants to do as Todd Gurley and others did, play serious SEC football.

Question. Is Ramik Wilson pouting? If so, I suspect that playing time will be a lot less. Anyone that follows this board understands how much I think of Ramik. Not a time for anything less than looking at what the team can do.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, growl

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #62208 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Clemson Game Day Thread
Buc, that comment I heard that Kimbrough is taking playing time away from Wilson I guess was true. Man, Kimbrough can "bring it". :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

PVBDAWG

More
9 years 7 months ago #62209 by Buc

wlayton wrote: Buc, that comment I heard that Kimbrough is taking playing time away from Wilson I guess was true. Man, Kimbrough can "bring it". :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

wlayton, some of us have been around UGA football longer than these young pups think or maybe care about. They can and do put "joy" into our world.

What I saw in the second half of the game with Clemson made me a proud supporter. Really like the final score, but the final score to me was watching this group of athletes "bond" and unless I miss my guess, they did that. There have been many seasons that we heard the "chirps" from the players and coaches, and not to dismiss what the press had to say.

I truly believe that the short comings in our program has been a lack of "overall" considerations. Every season all of us "want" things to get better. When I say get better, hard for me to use other words when I look at 8-5 with the talent we had.

Pruitt/Rocker come on board, most of the pups were not recruited by Pruitt/Rocker. In my mind, there is a "story" there. What the heck, maybe we were lucky against Clemson in the second half, but that will play itself out in Columbia and leave most of us to decide what is the "real story" concerning Georgia Football in 2014.

Do not believe that anyone in the SEC, East or West will go undefeated, too many variables, things like injuries and the funny way the "pigskin" bounces.

I do have high hopes that we are back on track with playing defense. Believe that we saw just how much can and will happen with "leaders" that believe in "leadership".

South Carolina, the warning was sent from Athens against a very good football team also from South Carolina. This group of puppies come to play, and they have two weeks to prepare for you. This is a football team that has "depth" . . . . depth that started building in 2014 from those that "understand" how to prepare young men to play the SEC game.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, growl

More
9 years 7 months ago #62210 by growl
Replied by growl on topic Clemson Game Day Thread
Once Ramik gets his feelings and high emotions under control they will have to find a place for him and Kimbrough, imagine that.

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day

More
Time to create page: 0.094 seconds