Forum

Clemson Game Day Thread

9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #62347 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Clemson Game Day Thread

Wartdawg wrote: I think we both know thought that Mason at his worst can play circles around BB ever did on his best
day.

I'm fine with "pound the ground round" if that's what our offense looks like this year.

You know me Buc... I love some strong full-back play.

Sometime back "Buck Belue" was exposed on this board. :whistle:

Some of your previous posts also lead to tightend play.

Question . . . . Jeb Blazevich? Thoughts. Think I know already, but question never asked, never answered. I think he is going to do some things out of the tightend position that we have not seen in a long time . . . . maybe ever. Actually reminds me a lot of Bennett. By that I mean running good routes, excellent hands.

Believe he will have a hand in . . . . "I said this" . . . . defeating South Carolina.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 7 months ago #62350 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Clemson Game Day Thread
JB. will become a very serious weapon in the near future like the USC game

He wil make WR type plays from the TE position. Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton

More
9 years 7 months ago #62351 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic Clemson Game Day Thread
Old Buck was always a better baseball player.

Buc I really like Blazevich. Will see a lot of playing time and will only get better as the season goes along....

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, Buc

• ogredawg
  • ogredawg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #62352 by Buc

ogredawg wrote: Old Buck was always a better baseball player.

Buc I really like Blazevich. Will see a lot of playing time and will only get better as the season goes along....

ogredawg, did get to watch and comment about Blazevich during the Spring and Fall practices. Coaches had their eyes on him . . . . as you say, good reason.

The group of freshmen that came in have made a statement. Witnessed by playing time against Clemson. Expect more of that in Columbia, and as Hutson Mason has said publicly, don't underestimate what we "can do". Mason is very accurate with the football.

Guess it comes back to "do this or do that", have to get South Carolina off balance. TAM did just that. Linebackers have to decide and we both know that we have a running game that Spurrier has to pay close attention to. This is probably not the last time I will say this . . . . lots of talent in Athens. Expectations "should" be high. This is a different group of players and coaches that I have seen in Athens, maybe ever.

Edit: Before the first game, read where many said we would win maybe 8 or 9 games. Understand that, did not know how things would play out. Will say this, if we win only 8 or 9 games with this talent, this old war horse will have something to say.

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #62353 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Clemson Game Day Thread

Buc wrote:
Sometime back "Buck Belue" was exposed on this board. :whistle:

Some of your previous posts also lead to tightend play.

Question . . . . Jeb Blazevich? Thoughts.

That's right Buc... I like fullbacks and tight ends and if I was coaching they would be a
big part of my game plan. That doesn't mean I would give the FB 11 carries a game, but you
can be assured recruiting FB's would be done. 2-3 carries a game on quick traps and mainly
leading the way for the tail backs. 2nd level blocking..

TE's as well... nice catch, pun intended. An effective TE can destroy an opponent and I think we've got one or two that can do the job. Run cover 2 at me a few times and see what happens if I have a TE that can catch. I like our options at this position, but my only question is that
the utilization of the TE comes and goes in our offense. I think the general concensus is we have so many weapons that we don't have to go that deep into the bag. The question however is if you don't go into the week with that as a part of your game plan, how effectively can you
dig that deep into the bag if it wasn't a part of your plan going in... Just 'cause it may not be your best weapon, doesn't mean it shouldn't be a weapon you bring to every fight.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #62354 by Buc
Wartdawg's post #101, spot on.

I have been around a lot of cover two. Now I know for sure you are spot on with your comments. Did not doubt it before, sometimes we learn by using our eyes and not our mouth.

You said . . . .
Run cover 2 at me a few times and see what happens if I have a TE that can catch.

Have to be willing to make the other team go 80 or so yards, is the reasoning behind the "2", one of them. Comes down to keeping the ball in front of the defenders.

Watching the film against Clemson, there were a few times that we had "5" deep. Looking at the game film, Davis was in cover "3".

As you say, want to move the ball against the cover "2" tightend "can" be the answer. If we have a great tightend . . . . scary.

Good stuff, Brother. :)

Bro Buc I apologize but I am adding this to your message because if I create a new message it will go out on social networks.
I am locking this topic since Clemson Game Day is one week over and that is the topic in this thread. Can you guys pick it up under a new thread? editor at dawgs dot com with comments. Thanks, Steve Dawg

More
Time to create page: 0.084 seconds