Forum

Clemson Game Day Thread

9 years 7 months ago #62184 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic Clemson Game Day Thread
Nice picture. All Dawgs are happy today!

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 7 months ago #62186 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Clemson Game Day Thread
Good Morning from the Classic City

Ogredawg..... TG ....15 touches good call

Can say that everyone was surprised TG. Returning KO including Clumpson

First half heads talking about the million plus OC from Clumpson

Second half zero points one first down never crossed the 50. Not much said about same OC

When LC. Drew the penalty for roughing the passer and gave clemson a first down

You could fry an egg on CTR forehead. Serious lesson learned. Others on the D will take note

At the half I also was asking why not more TG. Earlier post I said it was a marathon and

Not a sprint. It was a gassed D from Clemson not the Dawgs that had to fast a stable

Of fresh RB's. 211 yds in the 4th quarter heady results

Welcome our 7 freshmen who played. NC. Another TG that just might be a step quicker

I heard Munson.....Oh my God....he's just a freshman....

OL played well. JT had a flashback 5yds for moving before the snap. Other than that did

A nice job at LT

Clemson D. Line. Not a factor and it was gassed at the end. Both our D and O was getting

Stronger kudos to players and coaches. Think we got our S & T correct this time

HM played within himself. Fine with me if we win and he does not have to throw the

Deep ball

Now watch flim on the chickens work in practice to fix what we need to

Improvement like we saw in the second half carries into game 2

Sidebar...watched WVA and Bama before our KO. About fell on the floor. The DC. For

WVA. was hiding behind a towel. To funny

Did anyone notice the padding on the goalposts. Big fat letters. GATA

Yup Going to be a enjoyable 2 weeks

Savor the win..... been a long time since our bowl game fiasco. Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, wlayton, Buc, ogredawg, DAWGtm, dawgs_fans_dad

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #62187 by Dawg With Style
Replied by Dawg With Style on topic Clemson Game Day Thread
Gurley Gurley Gurley Gurley thats all I have to say :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Owe some body taught our defense how to tackle HELL YEAH wow!!!!!!!

I loved it when that player tried to tackle him and he pushed him off :whistle:

How Bout them Dawgs!!!!!!!

Ride it like you stole it

• Dawg With Style
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 7 months ago #62190 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Clemson Game Day Thread
yankeedawg1 was going to mention Rocker blowing a fuse at our top rated recruit. This staff is all about getting the fundamentals right. Hitting the quarterback was uncalled for, that is a lesson that should have been learned in high school.

Along with that being said, message sent to Ramik Wilson was not of the variety that Malzahn uses at Auburn. This defensive group of coaches say what they mean and mean what they say. The one hit that I saw Kimbrough put on the Clemson player got everyones attention, including the players and coaches. Television announcers love it. I remember Pruitt saying at the beginning of his coaching days in Athens . . . . jobs are also lost from week to week and practice to practice. That proved to be true in the game yesterday.

Mentioned in another post that Pruitt might have had some things to say at halftime. He did. Calm as one can be and said to the players, we are not changing anything, going to enter the second half and be better doing the same things we did in the first half. Like it or not, we have some coaches that are about "team" not "self". Players get better with repetition, learning the skills one step at a time.

Was also heartening to read and hear what our players had to say about the Clemson players being tired and worn out. Brings back thoughts of conversations on this board for the past few years about "depth". Maybe the higher up is beginning to get the message, yesterday was proof that "depth" along with solid fundamental coaching pays dividends.

Here is hoping this "new way" of coaching football in the Classic City takes roots.

One thing I have to say about the defensive backs and linebackers that I did not care for. Remember when Willie Martinez was the defensive coordinator and he did not teach the defenders to locate the ball in the air? Saw that a couple of times yesterday, bothered me. I however will not be speaking to Jeremy Pruitt about that subject. :)

Don't think for a minute that the Gamecocks (all of them) did not see what happened in Athens yesterday. They will be out in force when we meet in Columbia, and like it or not, Spurrier has a history of "upsetting" folks.

Duck, hoping you are well, this might be the year to throw it in the neighbors face.

One more thingy, appears that all is well with our kicking game. Kicking game along with solid defense has won many championships in the SEC over many, many years. Making the full circle, getting back to our "roots". Much like many of these successful offensive formations that are very close to the "single wing" that was basically dumped in the 1950's.

Proud of the way our young pups played between the Hedges yesterday. Many potential high school players in attendance yesterday, they were introduced to a "Sea of Red".
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller, yankeedawg1, DAWGtm, dawgs_fans_dad

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #62191 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Clemson Game Day Thread

rockdawg wrote: Key is emotion directed toward productive play. Aggies great example. We do that, and Clemson is toast. We don't, and it's going to be a long game.

Big, BIG welcome rockdawg!!

Glad to have a new addition to the best forum around.....you will love it here and we all look forward to getting your imput. :) :woohoo:

PVBDAWG

More
9 years 7 months ago #62192 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Clemson Game Day Thread
Dawg With Style, know that you are one happy Dawg/Biker today. ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dawg With Style

More
Time to create page: 0.070 seconds