9 years 7 months ago #62177 by thriller
Replied by thriller on topic Clemson Game Day Thread

kentdaddy wrote: Happy.

What he said, up there!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 7 months ago #62179 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Clemson Game Day Thread

sadlerdawg wrote: Not really understanding the offensive play calling. I think more running with Gurley and Marshall would be in order.

sadlerdawg, you were right.
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller, sadlerdawg

More
9 years 7 months ago #62180 by sadlerdawg
Replied by sadlerdawg on topic Clemson Game Day Thread
Buc, I think alot of us have been saying it most of the week/off season. Run, run, run, Gurley, then run him some more. I just don't know what bobo was thinking. Hell, every analyst watching the game was even saying it.

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #62181 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Clemson Game Day Thread
sadlerdawg, one particular series called by Mike Bobo had me out of my mind. Funny how things come together when wisdom overtakes . . . . won't use the word.

This was a win that I will always remember. Gurley was all that. I like what kentdaddy and others thought about the defense changing in the second half. Was not that long ago that halftime meant "nothing" or close to that. Watching the sideline shots, Pruitt never stopped coaching. Should not say this but always do . . . . I just do not care for the lack of a game face on Mark Richt. In my opinion and I have watched both, Mark Richt is in the last stages of the second coming of Bobby Bowden.

In my mind it played out like this . . . . Pruitt/Rocker and Company went to halftime and corrected what went wrong in the first half. Someone on the offensive side came up with the novel ideal of handing the ball to Todd Gurley. At the end of the game, Gurley being interviewed was asked what happened at halftime . . . . Gurley said to the coaches, hand me the ball.

We need to be real. Hutson Mason is going to again play a back up role in an offense that has to have a leader. Quite frankly that leader both on the field and in the locker room at halftime against Clemson was Todd Gurley.

I have more, will stop for now. Good win, get rested, Columbia next city to visit.

More
9 years 7 months ago #62182 by thriller
Replied by thriller on topic Clemson Game Day Thread
I'm on my way to Athens in a few minutes, to visit the folks,

but wanted to post this . . . I am HAPPY this morning. That win was about as satisfying as it could have been. With USCe losing being DESTROYED Thursday night, and with this second half BEAT DOWN of Climpsn, things could hardly be better.

HM still has a ways to go, but he will be GAINING weapons in the next game, not losing them. He'll get better. And he really wasn't that bad last night - just sort of average, with NO interceptions! I'll take that!

I don't think the Dawgs are afraid to walk into Williams Brice at this point - they shouldn't be. And I'm not dreading it. If we win our next game, though - you watch - I'll say it now - everyone will talk about how WEAK our schedule is, when everyone was initially saying how STRONG it was. But that's life as a DAWG.

Happy right about now . . . B)
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, wlayton, Buc, yankeedawg1, growl, Dawg With Style

More
Time to create page: 0.098 seconds