Forum

Clemson Game Day Thread

9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #62193 by Dawg With Style
Replied by Dawg With Style on topic Clemson Game Day Thread
Yes sir I said Gurley would be back I know the best is yet to come watch out chickens he is a man own a mission!

also Sony and Chubb yer sir I'm very Happy.

Gurley was the first one to hug Chubb.

Gurley knows it's his team he showed it in leadership getting the crowd fired up!!!!!!

Buc our man Floyd showed out toooooooooooo

How Bout them Dawgs!!!!!!!

Ride it like you stole it

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Dawg With Style
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #62194 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Clemson Game Day Thread

Buc wrote: sadlerdawg, one particular series called by Mike Bobo had me out of my mind. Funny how things come together when wisdom overtakes . . . . won't use the word.

This was a win that I will always remember. Gurley was all that. I like what kentdaddy and others thought about the defense changing in the second half. Was not that long ago that halftime meant "nothing" or close to that. Watching the sideline shots, Pruitt never stopped coaching. Should not say this but always do . . . . I just do not care for the lack of a game face on Mark Richt. In my opinion and I have watched both, Mark Richt is in the last stages of the second coming of Bobby Bowden.

In my mind it played out like this . . . . Pruitt/Rocker and Company went to halftime and corrected what went wrong in the first half. Someone on the offensive side came up with the novel ideal of handing the ball to Todd Gurley. At the end of the game, Gurley being interviewed was asked what happened at halftime . . . . Gurley said to the coaches, hand me the ball.

We need to be real. Hutson Mason is going to again play a back up role in an offense that has to have a leader. Quite frankly that leader both on the field and in the locker room at halftime against Clemson was Todd Gurley.

I have more, will stop for now. Good win, get rested, Columbia next city to visit.

Buc, I too was yelling to give the ball to TG!! After the fact though, you could see what they were doing....tiring Clemson out in that heat and giving them a whole lot of TG in the second half and created not only a beat down but totally demoralized them to the point their offense had no enthusiasm either. TG did have 14 pts in the 1st half...but admit I was screeming/wondering as well. Maybe a slowish start on offense but the main problem was the D in the 1st half.

Also loved that we now have D coaches that can make adjustments at halftime. I felt after the game when looking back, the D couldn't shake last year's funk of zero confidence and that lack of confidence may have carried over to this 1st game. So for me, part of the adjustments the D coaches made at halftime was the exorcism of last year's memories and instilling them the confidence to BELIEVE in themselves. For me, I could see that and how it fed on itself and bred confidence and MORE confidence in what they were doing to the point the D was unstoppable.

On CMR....his facial expressions will never change but one thing I did see that was great was after Chubb made his great TD run, CMR went over to the bench, bent down and gave him a big congratulatory hug.....showed he was all excited for him. He seems to be doing that more. Even a great coach like Sumlin is expressionless.

ST's??....excellent....nice to see.

I could see the "picture" of the coaches strategy AFTER all was said and done.

Great win......established great momentum.

PVBDAWG
The following user(s) said Thank You: growl

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #62195 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Clemson Game Day Thread

Dawg With Style wrote: Yes sir I said Gurley would be back I know the best is yet to come watch out chickens he is a man own a mission!

Dawg With Style, I really liked Kolton Houston hugging Gurley during the interview on the field after the game. Houston went through a lot, glad that the NCAA did not ruin his college experience "totally". Still have no love for the NCAA. NCAA just like our defense under grantham, needed/needs retooling.

This young man, Aaron Davis #35 is going to be all that. Did not take Pruitt long to figure out just how good this young man will be in his schemes. Perfect read on the intercepted pass. That is skill along with "understanding" what the coach wants. Defensive backs were playing like linebackers yesterday, meaning huge hits. AD will probably play at 195/200 in the future with speed and again . . . . "understanding".

grantham in his years of coaching has yet to grasp that. Looking forward to Louisville and Miami hooking up. Will watch that game for sure. Too bad that JHC could not get the "self" out of his game. Can only imagine him with all of his skill set playing for Pruitt. I know, time to move on, hard sometimes when I see the same mistakes being made over the years in hiring "me, myself and I" coaches.

Have to say this . . . . If our defense continues at this pace over the next two or three years, what happens with Pruitt/Rocker and Company? That is not too far down the road. Coaches that leave programs tend to take assistants with them . . . . Just saying.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kentdaddy

More
9 years 7 months ago #62199 by kentdaddy
Replied by kentdaddy on topic Clemson Game Day Thread
That interception was simply fantastic. It happened so quickly I could not believe it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

• kentdaddy
  • Away
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 7 months ago #62200 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic Clemson Game Day Thread
Now that my Friends in the 2nd half is what GEORGIA Football is all about. Now if CJP can get his DB's to play the ball and not the receiver :whistle:

HM was a great game manager. Well done.

Special teams get an A been a loooong time waiting on that.

Bobo is still a bozo imho really hard for him to screw up with the deep deep talent we have on the O side of the ball...but give him time :evil:

thecountrynation.com

• ogredawg
  • ogredawg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 7 months ago #62201 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic Clemson Game Day Thread

yankeedawg1 wrote: Good Morning from the Classic City

Ogredawg..... TG ....15 touches good call

Can say that everyone was surprised TG. Returning KO including Clumpson

First half heads talking about the million plus OC from Clumpson

Second half zero points one first down never crossed the 50. Not much said about same OC

When LC. Drew the penalty for roughing the passer and gave clemson a first down

You could fry an egg on CTR forehead. Serious lesson learned. Others on the D will take note

At the half I also was asking why not more TG. Earlier post I said it was a marathon and

Not a sprint. It was a gassed D from Clemson not the Dawgs that had to fast a stable

Of fresh RB's. 211 yds in the 4th quarter heady results

Welcome our 7 freshmen who played. NC. Another TG that just might be a step quicker

I heard Munson.....Oh my God....he's just a freshman....

OL played well. JT had a flashback 5yds for moving before the snap. Other than that did

A nice job at LT

Clemson D. Line. Not a factor and it was gassed at the end. Both our D and O was getting

Stronger kudos to players and coaches. Think we got our S & T correct this time

HM played within himself. Fine with me if we win and he does not have to throw the

Deep ball

Now watch flim on the chickens work in practice to fix what we need to

Improvement like we saw in the second half carries into game 2

Sidebar...watched WVA and Bama before our KO. About fell on the floor. The DC. For

WVA. was hiding behind a towel. To funny

Did anyone notice the padding on the goalposts. Big fat letters. GATA

Yup Going to be a enjoyable 2 weeks

Savor the win..... been a long time since our bowl game fiasco. Go Dawgs

Kind of had a feeling that would be ALL Gurley would need yd1

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

• ogredawg
  • ogredawg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More