Forum

G DAY

10 years 2 weeks ago #59988 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic G DAY

Buc wrote:

ogredawg wrote: Thing about AM Buc is alot of the same was said about Brees and his lack of mobility, which they are not saying about AM.

Great point ogredawg. Noticed that AM said he will be "rolling out" and passing tomorrow. As far as arm strength, I sometimes get amused when I read what some of the "supposed experts" have to say about arm strength. Some of that going on now with Ramsey and Bauta.

If Jon Gruden says that AM is a NFL quarterback, take it to the bank. Not fond of the rest of Gruden's coaching and have said so, but quarterbacks, Jon knows.

Good pickup ogredawg, guess you are like AM, study the entire package. :)

I would intend to agree with Gruden like you said Buc he knows QB's and what it takes to be a productive and WINNING QB in the NFL. I look for AM to make it in the NFL and win quite a few games during his career and maybe just maybe get the championship(s) he so rightfully deserves........

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 weeks ago - 10 years 2 weeks ago #59990 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic G DAY
ogredawg, appears that there are others that think along the same lines we do. The video below is from the Tampa Bay site. AM grew up a stone throw from the Buccaneers, along with talent, he would help ticket sales big time. Folks down my way know that AM is a special player.

Brian Baldinger has always been a call it as he sees it man. No fluff from Baldinger.

www.buccaneers.com/multimedia/videos/Is-...ed-b458-dcadf7c2deb6
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, ogredawg

More
10 years 2 weeks ago #60001 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic G DAY
Gruden is right about AM. If he is drafted by a team who sincerely wants to give him a chance
as a starter, then he can do it.

I hope he gets that chance. I don't want to see him drafted by someone who is just looking
for a backup for an existing proven starter.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

More
10 years 2 weeks ago - 10 years 2 weeks ago #60004 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic G DAY

Wartdawg wrote: Gruden is right about AM. If he is drafted by a team who sincerely wants to give him a chance
as a starter, then he can do it.

I hope he gets that chance. I don't want to see him drafted by someone who is just looking
for a backup for an existing proven starter.

Wartdawg, this thought passes through my head. Some of that happened in San Francisco, and Green Bay. If the Saints choose AM and he can "hang around" Brees, would not be all bad. Is AM ready for the NFL, mentally, not a doubt in my mind. Like you and Gruden have said, has to be the right franchise.

When Jon Gruden was the head coach in Tampa, he was on top of the offense. The quarterback portion of the offense. He was terrible with the rest of the team as far as recruiting and free agents. Much of what Gruden finished off in Tampa was from the direct efforts of many before him. Defense was really good, direct result of Monte Kiffin.

Back on subject . . . . I have watched AM come back from injuries in high school and college. Watched Auburn and Alabama try to end his football career. AM is about the game, not himself. Not a quarterback in this draft that can read a defense like AM can. What is that worth?
The following user(s) said Thank You: averagedawg

More
10 years 2 weeks ago #60006 by sadlerdawg
Replied by sadlerdawg on topic G DAY
I know this would never happen, but my dream draft scenario would be for the Falcons to take AM and waive the King Choke artist, Matt Ryan. I'd feel much more confident with Murray at the controls than Ryan and whatever player is assigned to give him the Heimlich during the playoffs.

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!

More
10 years 2 weeks ago - 10 years 2 weeks ago #60008 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic G DAY
I have been listening to sports radio twice a day for weeks and the 2 programs have had so called draft experts on live several times (twice today). I have YET to hear any of them mention AM in any round. It's all about the big 3.....then Mett, Garoppolo, Carr etc.

Haven't heard them mention AM except today because it was his pro day in Athens.....will be interesting to see what round he's picked, if at all (I've read 4-5th rd). The radio hosts mention him but I haven't heard anyone else call his name out.

PVBDAWG

More
Time to create page: 0.188 seconds