Forum

G DAY

10 years 6 days ago #60021 by TN Dawg
Replied by TN Dawg on topic G DAY
Isn't the largest Bulldog Club in Jax? Seems I heard that once. Jaguar season tickets could see an increase.

Side note: you should see all the Bronco jerseys in Knoxville.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 6 days ago - 10 years 6 days ago #60022 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic G DAY
TN Dawg, my understanding is that JAX has the largest Bulldog Club. Also, the Central Florida area is very big with Bulldog Boosters.

Easy for me to get on the stump for AM, he however got the job done as far as the quarterback area. One still in Athens that I believe can turn some heads, given the chance.

Manning still supports Tennessee big time is my understanding. Another student of the game, he however is 6'5" and has the same number of Super Bowl Rings that Wilson 5'10" has in Seattle. Like Jon Gruden said, AM finds the right coach, like Brees did, he will play sooner rather than later. AM reads defenses better than any quarterback in this draft. That is what usually separates young quarterbacks entering the NFL.

www.jaxbulldogs.com/

More
10 years 6 days ago - 10 years 6 days ago #60023 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic G DAY

TN Dawg wrote: Isn't the largest Bulldog Club in Jax? Seems I heard that once. Jaguar season tickets could see an increase.

Side note: you should see all the Bronco jerseys in Knoxville.

It is the 2nd largest club right behind Atlanta.

Btw, to "dove tail" on my previous post on AM (not much chatter on talk sports radio the last several weeks), ALL DAY the talk has been on AM's pro day and the prospects of him coming here because the Jags sent a contingent of 7 to Athens that included the GM, HC, OC, QB coach and others.....

Every show I heard going to and from work talked about AM exclusively. If the Jags select him, I may buy season tickets again. Great listening to all the talk about Aaron and MANY Dawg fans were calling in.

PVBDAWG

More
10 years 6 days ago #60025 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic G DAY

Buc wrote: AM is about the game, not himself. Not a quarterback in this draft that can read a defense like AM can. What is that worth?

Well... if he can make the throws, and we know he can; it's worth a legit shot at a starting job.

Brees, as good as he is... he was almost an NFL non-entity. He was told he wasn't this and that.. drafted by San Diego, replaced by Doug Flutie, then they drafted Rivers. After Rivers holds out, Brees maintains the starting job and plays great... leads them to the playoff, something like 27TD's vs 7 ints, and a 104+ QB rating.. He was then the QB again, but when contract time came it was evident the Chargers were seeing Rivers as the future... then came the injury and people using
that as an excuse to doubt him some more. Some teams passed on him before New Orleans finally
took a chance..

...and now you know the rest of the story.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

More
10 years 6 days ago #60026 by Buc
The injury and the pass overs worked well for Sean Payton and the Saints. Payton in my opinion is a very good coach and . . . . leader. Messed up internally, but he is back.

Wartdawg something that sits well with me is AM's attitude. He will work his butt off, but he has two ears that don't have wax in them.

Like you, maybe I am missing something, but those that make comments on his arm, are not unlike those that wanted players like Ryan Leaf with the big arm. Amazes me when these media hounds get on the "arm" business. Reading many columns, one would think that the passing game in the NFL is 50 yards or greater in the air.

Sean Payton pulled Brees into New Orleans, Atlanta went for the big contract with Matty Ice. Tampa Bay drafted Josh Freeman with the big arm. Seattle settled for a 5'10" quarterback. Couple of "shorty's" with the ring. Just saying . . . . again.

More
10 years 6 days ago #60027 by Buc
Latest information that I have. Not for controversy, just know what I read and am told.

twitter.com/Jaxbulldogs

More
Time to create page: 0.049 seconds