Forum

G DAY

10 years 2 weeks ago - 10 years 2 weeks ago #59964 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic G DAY
Imo the spring game never shows much of anything. Teams are split up with no continuity and 2/3's of the game is played with 2's and 3's.

Thought the D's pass rush was explosive (or our OL stinks)....also liked how the front 7 crowded the LOS alot and put pressure on the OL to block them. Sure you will see much more of this and with more design than we saw Sat.

Like Buc said, #84 is unblockable and if he stays healthy he may end up being the best DE/OLB ever to play at UGA.

QB play was fine....man did Bennett look 20 lbs bigger to ya'll?.....and Conley....please stay healthy.

I never take much away from any school's spring games.

PVBDAWG
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 weeks ago #59965 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic G DAY
Buc you bought a winning ticket on AM. Another two who picked. AM was CMR and CMB

Neither backed off

Each invested and received dividends as all of us in the Nation did

As I shared in an earlier post both CMR and CMB are high on FB. CMB has a lengthy to do

List for his summer. FB wore the headset on the sidelines last year with AM on the field

This was by design. Yes BR will also see the field we want depth at evrry position that

Means QB also. Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!

More
10 years 2 weeks ago - 10 years 2 weeks ago #59966 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic G DAY

dawgs_fans_dad wrote:

ogredawg wrote: Can't say much as it is just Spring and controlled but I was not very impressed

Just curious, I haven't seen any of the game, just read about it, what did you see that bothered you, or what didn't you see that would have impressed?

Offense is expected to be ahead of the defense at this point, correct?

just did not see anything that would make me think we have improved over the last year. HM can dink and dunk the ball short but has real trouble with the long ball and for a 5th year QB that means trouble. OL still is not SEC caliber. Dumb penalties also. Did not really expect to be impressed after all it is all controlled and the D is learning a new system. I am just done expecting anything big out of this team until real changes are made at HC and OC. It is what it is.

thecountrynation.com

More
10 years 2 weeks ago - 10 years 2 weeks ago #59967 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic G DAY

yankeedawg1 wrote: Buc you bought a winning ticket on AM. Another two who picked. AM was CMR and CMB

Neither backed off

Each invested and received dividends as all of us in the Nation did

As I shared in an earlier post both CMR and CMB are high on FB. CMB has a lengthy to do

List for his summer. FB wore the headset on the sidelines last year with AM on the field

This was by design. Yes BR will also see the field we want depth at evrry position that

Means QB also. Go Dawgs

Very obvious FB is way ahead of BR......and should be with BR coming from a Wing-T offense. He does have a strong arm but has a LOT to learn imo.

PVBDAWG

More
10 years 2 weeks ago - 10 years 2 weeks ago #59968 by Dawg With Style
Replied by Dawg With Style on topic G DAY
Who's this walk-on named Aron Davis didn't get to see the game but from what I've read Pruitt was impressed.

I like pruitt way best man plays the way it should be.

How Bout them Dawgs!!!!!!!

Ride it like you stole it

• Dawg With Style
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
10 years 2 weeks ago #59969 by DawgDoc
Replied by DawgDoc on topic G DAY
:sick: :sick: :sick: Did anyone notice TG limping at the end of the last quarter? Guess I am more interested in injuries in a spring game than in performance. Don't believe Gurley's ankle is any where near 100%. He looked out of shape also, know he didn't do the mat things this past winter. I liked what I saw from FB at QB. Good arm & yes he really does have wheels. Noticed,, right away the lack of a black shirt, so knew he was going to run the ball some. He needs to learn when he throws the ball out of bounds to really throw it out of bounds. One was last most intercepted that he intended to throw away. Young, he will learn. Must say I really enjoy "Bubba Golf" more than Georgia football at this time of the year. I didn't see a whole lot to hang my hat in this G-Day game, I am sorry to say.
AS always, GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!!!!!! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Member since 1999
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1

More
Time to create page: 0.051 seconds