Forum

New Georgia Defense

10 years 1 week ago #60000 by dawgs_fans_dad
Replied by dawgs_fans_dad on topic New Georgia Defense
Boise State @ UGA

'dawgs looked gassed in the 3rd quarter. May not be the first time I noticed conditioning, but until the SECCG vs Alabama it was the most pronounced. And disappointing.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 week ago #60002 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic New Georgia Defense
They have to show me a S&C just like they have to show me everywhere else. I'll believe it when I see it.. I've heard talk before about how we were getting our S&C program into shape (pardon the pun).

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ogredawg

More
10 years 1 week ago - 10 years 1 week ago #60003 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic New Georgia Defense

Wartdawg wrote: They have to show me a S&C just like they have to show me everywhere else. I'll believe it when I see it.. I've heard talk before about how we were getting our S&C program into shape (pardon the pun).

Like that last line Wartdawg, think I will have to put that one in the vault.

Fully understand your post. Big thing (one of them) in Tuscaloosa since Saban's arrival has been stretching. More to a program than Mat Drills. Do all of the Mat Drills we want, go away for the summer and come back out of shape, how the hell is that going to move the program forward . . . .

If it comes down to Matthews and his "hammie" guess that is a case for stretching, maybe even "someone" demanding or finding out why before now the problem exists.

Trying real hard not to say too much about how I feel, but one thing that I do understand and that is leadership. We seem to have breakdowns in different areas, one year this, next year something else. Could be the reason that we are still trying to accomplish what so many others in the SEC have since 2001.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
10 years 1 week ago #60005 by sadlerdawg
Replied by sadlerdawg on topic New Georgia Defense
On the case of conditioning (lack of) let's not forget the SECCG against LSU where we were up 10-7 at the half and lost, what was it, 42-10?

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
10 years 1 week ago #60007 by Buc

dawgs_fans_dad wrote: Boise State @ UGA

'dawgs looked gassed in the 3rd quarter. May not be the first time I noticed conditioning, but until the SECCG vs Alabama it was the most pronounced. And disappointing.

dawgs_fan_dad, it never hurts to point out what we have seen over and over. Time comes when changes either have to be made, or . . . . for too long I think we have been in the "or".

I have been around folks in my lifetime that were really good folks, but their personality did not change anything when the subject got to a certain point.

Example of that . . . . AM was the starting quarterback at the University of Georgia because along with his personality, he had leadership qualities. Sometimes coaches or the higher ups just do not "get it".

How do I feel right now about Jeremy Pruitt? Glad someone asked . . . . :whistle: Jeremy Pruitt is in my mind like Bubba Watson. Good ole boys. They are what they are. Anyone that wants to take issue with either of them, show me a better way. This old fart is very happy being a "South Georgia Redneck". I live in my skin, just like the two mentioned above do.

Don't change Jeremy Pruitt, can pass this along, the "Group" will not like what you bring to the UGA Campus at some point. Soon you will leave and the media and the "Group" will convince the masses that they made the right move. Folks, keep your eyes on McGarity and the way he manipulates the media. Richt . . . . you tell me. Been here 13 years now going into his fourteenth year. Real comfortable right now, Jeremy Pruitt and his group of coaches saved his ass again. I said that. I believe that.

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
10 years 1 week ago #60009 by Buc
One more thing and this is not against Hutson Mason.

Watching AM today, thought came to my mind that I would love to have seen a Jeremy Pruitt/Tracy Rocker defense with the same personnel we had last year playing with AM on the offense and the same defensive personnel these two defensive coaches have this season.

Coaching matters . . . . need some leadership in our program, half of that has been accomplished in my mind. Speaking for myself.

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.088 seconds