Forum

New Georgia Defense

10 years 2 weeks ago #59938 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Newca Georgia Defense
yankeedawg1, really liked what I could find out about the intra-squad game today.

What really pleased me was the fact that Pruitt did exactly what he said he would do. All can play, especially if they hustle.

Appears that the new coaching staff has the attention of most, including Shaq Wiggins. Shaq can play, not one of those 6 footers that seem to have taken over the defensive backfields this day and time. Shaq has instincts, and in my mind it can pay dividends.

There were some things said about quarterbacks. That will sort itself out. Quarterbacking position is not my major concern, offensive line is.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
10 years 2 weeks ago #59946 by TN Dawg
Replied by TN Dawg on topic Newca Georgia Defense
There were some things said about quarterbacks. That will sort itself out. Quarterbacking position is not my major concern, offensive line is.

Agreed. And add RB. If they don't have protection it is all for naught.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
10 years 2 weeks ago #59947 by Buc

TN Dawg wrote: There were some things said about quarterbacks. That will sort itself out. Quarterbacking position is not my major concern, offensive line is.

Agreed. And add RB. If they don't have protection it is all for naught.

With you all the way on that statement TN Dawg.

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
10 years 2 weeks ago #59948 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Newca Georgia Defense
One of my local buds who was at the G. Game said don't be fooled by what you didn't see from

Our defense today that he said will come later when there is money on the table

What wasn't seen was any arm waving Guys not lined up before the play

Lots of running hard to the ball some good open field tackles

Sidebar back channel both CMR and CMB like FB a lot. Big boy pants not wearing a non contact jersey. It is part of my game

CMB has tasked FB what he wants to see from him this summer another smart QB from deep south

Georgia lol

Go Dawgs!

More
10 years 2 weeks ago - 10 years 2 weeks ago #59949 by Buc
yankeedawg1, watching some of the G Game film. Personally, I don't think that Leonard Floyd (#84) can be blocked. Believe he will add another 10 or so pounds of muscle during the summer, makes for an even larger player for the Clemson game.

Floyd might be the best defensive player that I have watched in the 14 years of this regime. At this point I would rate him with David Pollack. Just awesome talent and a motor that does not have an idle switch. Stays healthy, definitely a first round draft choice when the time comes.

Pruitt will have this defensive front seven all over the opposing quarterbacks.

If I am on Pruitt's side of the ball, believe me, I am working out big time this summer.

One thing that I did like . . . . maybe I am wrong but it appeared to me that Mark Richt basically called Tray Matthews out. Beginning to think that Tray had better catch on quick or his days are numbered. Pruitt guarantees nothing, different than grantham's way of doing whatever it was he did.

Interesting read below. I call this man a "dedicated football player".

espnmediazone.com/us/bios/pollack_david/

Edit: After reading the following article borrowed from Marc Weiszer, seems to me there are differing opinions about why Tray Matthews did not play. Tray sees it differently than Richt.

dogbytesonline.com/g-day-notebook-matthe...string-injury-83199/

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
10 years 2 weeks ago #59950 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Newca Georgia Defense
I tend to favor CMR take. You have hammie problems up to to help work on the fix

Have spoke about the me culture nothing new

Mizzo Gordon Beckman how sad we were to see him shun GA just like Da Rick

Funny how things work out

84 is a nightmare just growing into himself. Will benefit greatly from this coaching staff

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!

More
Time to create page: 0.083 seconds